Your favorite WIP story of 2023?

Favorite unpublished WIP? Whiskey-Four

Unpublished runners up, in no particular order: Saturnine, Thicker Than, A Dance with Demons, Kitsune

Favorite one that got published in 2023? Fallen Hero: Retribution

Published runners up, again in no particular order: I, the Forgotten One; Lords of Infinity; Blood Moon

EDIT: Honorable mentions for The Passenger and Professor of Magical Studies, which I thought were early 2023 releases, but which are both December 2022 releases.

13 Likes

Path of Martial Arts

Aura Clash

Broken Fable

Infamous

Fallen Divine

3 Likes

WIPs straight from my memory:
Sanguine Sky
Subject Zero
Soulmate Inc.
Fallen Hero: Revelation
INFAMOUS
Hero Maker: Book One

4 Likes

Yours is close enough to mine that I’m just going to edit it for myself:

Favorite unpublished WIP? When Life Gives You Lemons

Unpublished runners up, in no particular order: The Bureau; Fallen Hero: Revelations; The Fernweh Saga: Book Two (though there’s nothing public yet, it is in progress)

I just have to add one more to the favorite WIP list, thanks to @yizhens: Broken Fable… that demo was a damned blast!

Honorable mention WIP: Infamous (needed a separate category because it’s excellent writing and an addictive game that I both love and hate at the same time)

Favorite one that got published in 2023? Fallen Hero: Retribution

Published runners up, again in no particular order: I, the Forgotten One; The Fernweh Saga: Book One; Their Majesties’ Pleasure; Blood Moon

Honorable mention for 2023 released games: Wayhaven 3 (only for M’s route… I hated the other routes and the overall plot was terribly executed)

Itch games released in 2023: Roped In

Itch games WIP: The Wedding; Imperial Grace; Within Your Eyes; Burning Red; Heart Cage; Bewitching Sinners; Superstition S3; Touchstarved

12 Likes

Released games:

Fallen Hero: Retribution - I probably played this one more times than I should

I, the Forgotten One - Normally I’m not a fan of stories that take place in medieval times, but I had to make an exception - the writing is amazing

WIPs:

Infamous and Twisted Scene - I just like anything that involves music (and I loved both MC’s personalities)

Subject Zero - The atmosphere/setting of the story is pretty good and I’m curious to see where it goes

Out of the Yinshan - Sounds promising and the characters are pretty interesting

Fallen Hero: Revelations - I was planning to only read Revelations when the game was officially released, but curiosity got the best of me

Broken Fable - I’m always up to play as an OP 1000+ years old MC

Super System: Monster Evolution - has a very unique concept

Honorable mentions to Eyes of Shan (which was posted in the last day of 2022) and to Body Count on itch io

9 Likes

Really loved One Knight Stand, A Prophecy Undone, Birds of a Rose, and The Bar on the Abyss when it comes to WIPs released this year.

Wayhaven book 3 and Fallen Hero: Retribution, for HG releases. Also The Passenger, though that’s not technically 2023, but I’m counting it anyways for how close it was to this year.

4 Likes

I really liked a shinobi’s tale​:eyes::eyes:

3 Likes

Published:

• Fallen Hero: Retribution (nothing that was released last year was as good or replayable).
  • Honorable mentions: I, the Forgotten One; The Fenweh Saga: B1; The Passenger (although it’s a late 2022 release it deserves a mention).

WIP: Fallen Hero: Revelations; Mind Blind; The Exile; When life gives you lemons; College Tennis: Origin Story; The Fernweh Saga: B2; Infamous; Defiled Hearts: The Barbarian; Apartment 502.

9 Likes

Hunters: Born of Blood
Authurian Tale: Camelot
Eyes of Shan: Book One

2 Likes

So many good WIPs it was hard to choose but i’ll narrow it down to top 3 for my sake
The Exile
INFAMOUS
& CT:OS

Favorite RO would definitely be Seven from Infamous but Vethna from Exile is pretty close even though they are kind of wildly different lol.

5 Likes

Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Three
Fallen Hero: Retribution
The Fernweh Saga: Book One
Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale(I bought it last year)

WIP
Vendetta
Triaina: Academy
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - An affair of the heart
The Bastard of Camelot
Arthurian Tale: Camelot

3 Likes

Not necessarily released in 2023, but in total among those I tried :

Blood Moon
Honor Bound
Noblesse Oblige
The Day After Ever After
Creatures Such As We
Ratings War
Choice of Robots (the romance was hella awkward though)

3 Likes

Released - The Passenger(technically it was end of 2022 but I’ve read it at the start of 2023), Fallen Hero: Retribution. From new WIP’s - Vendetta, Folksaga, Thicker Than, Apt 502. The Abyssal and REMEMBER YOU WILL DIE - with new demo’s.
WIP’s on itch - Gonzague, Bladeweaver, Within Your Eyes.

3 Likes

Best of 2023 released: Royal Affairs, Stars Arisen, Elite Status, Bread Must Rise, Their Majesties’ Pleasure, Forbidden Magic, Vampire’s Kiss.

Jury still out: Maverick Hunter: Scandalous Mission.

WIPs: Honor Bound, Keeper of Life and Death, Spectres of the Deep and some others (not listed here).

6 Likes

Not a WIP, but I quite enjoyed Changeling Charade. :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

For me it has to be between An Unexpectedly Green Journey and Path of Martial Arts

3 Likes