My top WIPs as of right now

From Ashes We Rise
The Wayhaven Chronicles
SoS: The Mortal Coil
Guenevere
Icarus Sun
Children of the Gods

Also looking forward to the release of the third books in the Samurai of Hyuga and Way Walkers series!

4 Likes

Two Kingdoms: A Man’s Journey.
The Unwanted Warrior.
From Ashes We Rise.

4 Likes

Two Kingdoms: A Man’s Journey by @Sophia
From Ashes We Rise by @Wraith
Breach: The Archangel Job by @MichaelMaxwell
The Unwanted Warrior by @NutellaQueen

5 Likes

Oh wow, thank you so much to everyone who’ve mentioned my game in their list … even though I rarely update… let alone be active in the forum :joy:

It really brightens my day to hear that people actually read my game… this is much more than I could ever ask for when I started.

Come to think of it, I’m surprised my game actually made it this far. Seeing how rare it sometimes is for a realistic non-fantasy game to be written, and continues to keep on living, I am genuinely heart-warmed by this forum and surprisingly inspired to keep on writing!

Thank you all so much!

… Oh! Right, and my list! (In no particular order)

And one or two in private testing, which I may or may not be allowed to say… (But you know who you are :slightly_smiling_face: Two-eyed wink)

There may be a few more that I forgot… but those are the ones I could think up that I’ve actually played, and liked… (I’m not very active, I’m so sorry :sweat_smile:)

11 Likes

Well, I discovered the whole text-adventure genre very recently, and since then, I admit looking for WIPs on this site has been a really fun hobby. Most of the ones that impressed me were already talked about by previous posters, but I might as well do my own favourite list…

Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights : I really like the way the MC is written. The whole “test subject eventually escapes from captivity and discover the world, and, through it him/herself” sounds like a really good premise, and I’m really curious to see where this will go.

The Wayhaven Chronicles : urban fantasy at its finest, from what I could see, except the MC still believes it’s a simple polar story. From what I gathered, it was originally written as an original fiction, and it shows; but as far as I’m concerned, it makes for a very solid narration. I really don’t mind being railroaded if the sight around the tracks is nice.

Two Kingdoms: a Man’s Journey : a lot of potential in this one. The whole political intrigue in a fantasy world holds a lot of promise, and the writing seems solid.

Guenevere : this one is great. Revisiting the Arthurian’s mythos through Guenevere’s eyes is a really good idea, and the main heroine is really well written, with a lot of ways to influence her personality. Definitely something I’ll closely watch for.

Children of the Gods : I’m always ready for a bit of greek mythology, and the intro with a MC relentlessly hunted without knowing why or by whom made for great suspence. I don’t know what’s in store after that, but I’m eager to find out.

The Wight King :playing as the monster definitely seems cathartic, and the WIP hinted at enough mysteries to hold my interest.

Keeper of the Sun and Moon : it’s Hogwarts, only cooler! What’s not to like!? In the same genre Monsters of New Haven High seems promising too.

Through Broken Lenses : Full Metal Panic, text-adventure style. Playing as the child-soldier with PTDS and no idea of how to interact normally is a great concept, and i’m really looking forward the character development that might ensue. Or you could end up killing everyone, I guess that works too.

6 Likes

Welp, guess I’m doing this (in no order, but the ones in bold are particularly special to me)

• Monsters Of New Haven High- by @Sashira (I absolutely adore this. It is also what introduced me to wendigos)

• From Ashes We Rise- by @Wraith (The very first WiP I ever played. I still fondly remember those days when I used to make jokes about punching Troy. Good times, good times.)

• Breach: The Archangel Job-by @MichaelMaxwell (The author made me a cool looking mask. What more could I ask for?)

• Keeper Of The Sun And Moon-by @daydreamsincolor

• Supernatural In New York-by @Rebelgirl

• The War For The West-by @MahatmaDagon

And that’s all, folks!

4 Likes

Aah, thank you to everyone who included The Wayhaven Chronicles :smiley: That’s seriously exciting to see!

A lot of my favourites have already been listed, but I did want to throw in The Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum by @nauhziy

It’s so good and I am constantly checking the thread for updates like a rabid fan-girl :smiley:

9 Likes

The Wayhaven Chronicles by @Seraphinite (I really love this game and its characters so much. Cough Ava Cough)

Two Kingdoms by @Sophia (Story is well written and I love ROs in that game.)

The Unwanted Warrior by @NutellaQueen (I love being black sheep of family. Also we have a magic power!)

4 Likes

the lack of fallen hero in this thread disturbs me

9 Likes

I personally never heard of Fallen Hero before.

1 Like

I have a long list!

Kingdoms: A Man’s JJourney
The Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum
Colonizing Kepler 62e
2117: Highway Wars
War of the West
Seven Heirs of Opheasia
Wayheven Chronicles
Children of the Gods
Sos: The Mortal Coil (SUPPER excited for this one!)
Guinevere
England 1519, Court of Henry VIII
Dragon Racer
United We Stand
Zeitnot
A Thousand Blooms (Purple Desire)
Community College Hero 2
Fables
Keeper of the Sun and Moon (on the fence about this)
Supper Natural in NYC
Dead Man’s Tales
The Celestial Maidens
Auralites
Through Broken Lenses
From Ashes We Rise
Model Citizens: Unmasked
Diaspora
Team Zero

I’m sure there are others I liked but haven’t listed.

13 Likes

:scream: WHAT!? It’s the arguably THE BEST anti-hero/(super)villain WiP there is read it you’ll also fall in love with it I guarantee you :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

You have caught my attention, tell me more! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Extremely touched for The Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum to be featured by @Seraphinite and @Phoenix_Wolf! It really means a lot to me :smile: Totally made my day!

Most of my favourite WiPs are already listed, and I only get time to play them during transit but these are the most memorable ones.
Abysm’s Veil by @Jacic
Diaspora by @Jaybirdy
England 1519, in the Court of Henry the VIII by @jry
Project Omega by @ChaoticMind
The Wayhaven Chronicles by @Seraphinite
United We Stand by @AlexClifford1994
War of the West by @MahatmaDagon

13 Likes

Well I can go on and on about it for 1-2 hours but here’s the link to relieve people of trolling

4 Likes

I’m adding a new WiP to my list.

W.I.S.P by @MahatmaDagon

5 Likes

I’d also like to update my list:

Villains by @Avery_Moore

5 Likes

Im adding The Unwanted Warrior by @NutellaQueen to my list.

7 Likes

Might as well update my favorite WiP list:

This all are what I remember not added in my reply, there probably more though

Edit:
How come I forget SoH 3?

14 Likes

Well, I’m finally making a post here, because no one has mentioned @Fiogan’s Beastie Watch, and that game is a gem! Not only is its delightfully quirky 1930’s electropunk universe splendidly memorable (copacetic!), it’s got one of the more detailed personality tracking systems I’ve yet seen. I mean, I was impressed by the stat screen before I looked at the code and saw about half the stats were hidden, and changing flavor text all over the place (Are you pragmatic, sarcastic, grumpy? How much do you love/hate your job?)

Anyway, here’s the rest of my list:

Superheroes
Totem Force and Countdown to World’s End by @ParrotWatcher
Model Citizens: Unmasked by @RenaB
From Ashes We Rise by @Wraith
Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights by @Snoe
World Institute for Superpowered People by @MahatmaDagon
Science Fiction
Supra Humanum by @IronRaptor
A Thousand Miles of Sky by @SirEdmund
Fantasy
Keeper of the Sun and Moon by @daydreamsincolor
For the Crown by @ToxicDreams
Awoken by Scribblesome
Guenevere by jeantown
Misc Well some of these are kinda fantasy, too
Icarus Sun by RenaB
Blood for Poppies by Farside
The Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum by nauhziy
2117: Highway Wars by adrao
Through Broken Lenses by Interestedparty

That’s more than I thought (too many to mention all the authors in one post!)…Still feel like I missed something, tho :woman_shrugging:t2:

29 Likes