Interest Check Thread

You know what I just realized?..has there ever been a CoG where you play as a Centaur? or even just have one as an NPC??? well, I know what I’m sticking to the top list of games I want to make now!

1 Like

You know what, you got a valid point… I might add that as a family… but I’m wondering how they would work on society, I mostly want the families to be able to interact with humans… i will see what I can do(mostly because your the only person to show actual interest)

Edit: took a chug of Coca-Cola and realized I could make them change form… if you’ve watched “Perseus Jackson: and the lightning thieve” then I think I got a way, except less wheelchair.

2 Likes

@tophat You have the characters, that’s an important step. Sometimes this is the most difficult part of an story. Now you need to create the narrative thread, the action, the main conflict :wink:

2 Likes

Yea, I think I’m a guy who rolls along with the breeze, make the story as it comes to mind, like I just came with the thought that the story takes place in 1867 during a war.
And it may be 1867 but there’s modern technology in this timeline like modern electronics and stuff but ships and houses(for the poor) are the same as 1867

1 Like

Sounds like steampunk to me

3 Likes

Since I realized there hasn’t been a game where you play as a centaur, that I know of, I’m curious how many others would be interested in playing a centaur focused CoG, or at least one with centaurs in it.

• SIGN ME UP ALREADY
  • Yeah, Centaurs sound pretty cool.
  • You mean those…half horse people? eh…not really.

0 voters

1 Like

Maybe, but less steam and more ‘zzzt’

1 Like

@Bathala think of all the horse puns though.

1 Like

I’m just thinking the length of our…

Nerver mind that

Cough genitalia cough

6 Likes

pffft someone has their mind in the water trough :stuck_out_tongue: I get what you mean though, but i think if done the right way it could be really unique and interesting.

2 Likes

There is a woman on tumblr, http://hubedihubbe.tumblr.com/ ,who draws some really awesome centaur stuff. If you like centaurs or are thinking of adding them to a story i really suggest checking out her artwork! might help you better understand their anatomy and how they would interact with present day items and situations.

1 Like

I remember that @Twiger_Fluff once worked on a WIP about being a horsefolk (still rubbing head around the terms). It’s a good read, the story also emphasizing a bit on gender with antler shedding and whatnot.

Unfortunately, it appears the WIP went into indefinite hiatus. Here’s the link if anyone is interested.

1 Like

ahem cervitaurs.
Man I think about that story every day. Maybe I’ll finish it after I finish my next two Interactive Novel languages.

4 Likes

I bookmarked that one! I loved it so much, it was such a cute and unique game. I hope you’ll have a chance to finish it.

2 Likes

Waah! You alive! You’re alive!
*coughie

I mean, we got centaurs, satyrs, and there’s cervitaurs… Is there any other -taurs I need to know? Guuh, I remember my chem class having taurine somewhere in it.

Then you mentioned 2 Interactive Novel languages. If don’t mind me asking, are those something like VN, or story about language, or perhaps I totally missed the point and not about story at all?

2 Likes

Mantaur%202
Just gonna leave this here

4 Likes

1d9 or Gravity Falls

7 Likes

yeet hello again!
I just wanted to add more, uh, specific stuff to what I already posted in case other people are interested! : )
so here goes yeep yoop:

the specific stuff
  • there’s going to be superpowers! yay or unyay! haha I feel like the people who read my post didn’t expect that twist and I’m scared. but like, because the plot doesn’t revolve around them they’re basically just treated like, say, personality traits–they’re just another part of the character’s, uhh, character.
  • when I say psychological themes I mean there’s a few characters, including the person who you narrate for, who have mental illnesses, and they are taken as important things in the story (but I swear it’s not in the discriminatory way of course)
  • about the fact that you are the narrator, technically you’re still a character, but you aren’t corporeal so the main focus of the game is to strengthen your influence, power, or trust with the person you narrate for so they do whatever you want/what you think is best for them and for you/what they want to do and sometimes what you wanna do
  • backstory tragedies are great but really sad stuff to write >:0

also I’m like really new to this forum so I wanna know–can we just make a new topic in the WIPs section anytime or do we need some sort of permission? thanks!

8 Likes

You mean, we’re a God with a big G? Hmmm… I haven’t played anything like that before. Seems interesting.

EDIT: Okay, so this got me thinking and it might be fun. We’re like the little voice in a character’s head. Which is to be honest, pretty cool—and of course, I can’t wait to play as a God—a generous God

Me: Hey kid, confess your feelings to your crush.
Character: confesses and gets rejected
Me: Oh well, sucks to be you, mate

6 Likes

HASDSJHDSF THAT’S THE GIST OF IT
ALSO WOW OK there’s going to be an actual scene like that! the chapters are going to be based on the age of the protagonist, so like, around chapter 3 or 4, not sure yet, they get a small “uwu I like this guy” moment and you get to decide if you let them pursue the guy or not, if you yourself like this guy, and yeah; and I like relationship stats so ofc that’s gonna affect you and your protag and the kind of scenes you get
asdhsasds my favorite part of writing this whole story is the fact that you can be a salty b@tch or a Very Nice friend and there’s 872473284 in-betweens and I get to write the protag reacting to them all

4 Likes