~~ Summary ~~
You’re nobody. You’re no one. Yet, why are you here?
Play as a “normal” person in Valena, a world where you’ve never been before.
At here, the nations are in a “race of technology”, the race for the buried knowledge of an old race, the Ancient. Thus, the coldwar is inevitable.
How you make your choice will influence this technology race.
Which nation(s) will you help? How do you want to help? Why would you want to help?
Do all that while helping the monarchs solving their personal issues, handling a rebellion, finding a legendary treasure, looking for a lifetime partner (or not at all).
And finally, face the darkest truth of the world Valena and the vanishing of the Ancient.
Planned Story Plots/Arcs
- Get yourself “teleported” onto the new world, and be greeted by different NPC depending on your choice.
- Travel to an overseas colony and be greeted by the royal monarch (or not)
- Explore your first ruin a la 'ol CYOA (Lone Wolf Saga pops up first in mind)
- Travel deep into the jungle and face its natives and monsters.
And more coming soon!
~~ Setting of the story ~~
Black Eye is an action-adventure story with a deep social-interaction mechanics.
Reviving the ol’ school CYOA, but with a meaningful human-to-human interactions.
You won’t be just searching ruins for artifacts, but also make friends and foes.
“Oh, I found the McGuffin! Now, who should I give it to?”
The setting will take place on a half-part of a fantasy earth, Valena.
Here, both magic and technology co-exist. So, expect construction laborer performing geomancy, or crystal-powered steam engine, or lighting your cigar by flicking your finger.
But wait! The world is not that advanced yet! The age is still somewhat similar to our real-world medieval times. No sophisticated hovercraft or plasma gun. Heck, even a walkie-talkie is already such a discovery!
But plastics and glasses are somewhat common, tho
And then, there’s your typical Ancient folk who left these ruins that you must explore. Heck, what is an action-adventure story without the Precursor and their ruins of wonders? Get those McGuffins!
Other than that, try to keep your fingers away from the international affairs. The nations of Valena are not fond of each others presence. The archaeological research is for peace, they said, but who knows?
Or just break into those sites and get the McGuffins for yourself anyway.
Maybe you can talk your way out against these nations and make them beg you?
/// Planned Features ///
- Meaningful character progression. Social stats? Combat stats? Personality?
- Land and sea to explore. Sky? I don’t know, but anything can happen. If the demand is high enough, and I can weave some good lore to it, why not?
- People of various ethnicity and races. Yes, you’ll begin in medieval europe-ish empire, but expect “jungle tribes” and mid-east-ish desert nations. Share your thoughts and ideas!
- This game is all about breaking the 4th wall. Prepare your body.
/// Notes ///
- Questions? Discussions? Just ask!
- If there’re any comments about technical errors (bugs, errors, typos), I’ll give a like to the comment when it’s fixed. Updating it may take some time, tho.
- Feel free to PM me.
- 30k words under 2 chapters (+prologue).
- Map! Really just a basic map, but looks nice, tho.
Warning: may contain these contents
Here: Tobacco reference, sexual innuendo, violence, profanity and mild swearing.
And graphical depictions of your buttock being injected with a syringe.
Not yet here: Alcohol reference.
7 August '17 M-Magic? update and title change
22 July '17 Choose Your Shape
24 June '17 The Unexpected post-update polishment + small addition to the infirmary
21 June '17 The Unexpected update + [Gender] quickfix
15 May '17 Reworked intro + Character generation section
February '17 Playtest release