Hikayat: Of Black Eye. Updated 7 August 2017

(07 August 2017) M-Magic?
Another spicy update is out!
And it’s about… m-magic? what?
Aaah!!! :sparkles: :sparkles:

So, one thing that I added on this update is the introduction scene of “magic” on infirmary. With that scene, I want to put one of the important foundation in the worldbuilding of the story.

But no. You can’t do magic. Not yet.
Perhaps never.
:smiling_imp:

Anyway, the new update includes:

• Editorial work on Prologue and Chapter 1
  • Stats Screen revisited. Enjoy the new looks! (Might look weird on phone users :/) Tell me if you’ve problem with it!
  • A “result” page that shows your performance when you clear a chapter (optional on full-immersion mode)
  • Some “new” stats that will make you feel like the choices you made is meaningful, while it actually isn’t! Mwahaha!

And then, there’re some big changes which I think you need to know:

• Removal of “No Habit…” habit.
    The “No Habit” habit is previously intended to be “I have another habit” counterpart of “Let me choose my own name.”
    However, it turns out that “No Habit” doesn’t give that privilege. Thus, I decided to remove it.
    Sorry for forcing you to choose a habit :frowning:

• Change of “Daydreaming” into “Observation” habit.
    As I previously mentioned somewhere, setting up “Daydreaming” as a stat feels obsolete as I tend to write various daydreaming and lost in thought scenes. As the result, I renamed it into “Observation” which will hopefully more meaningful than the previous “Daydreaming”.

• Title!
    Yup! Hikayat: Of Black Eye.
    The reason of the change is because… I think the scope of the story is so massive that it can’t be told in just a single story.
    Yeah, you heard it right. I’m planning this for multiple books (Or series. Or seasons. Whatever its name) with the main title “Hikayat.”

In Indonesia, Hikayat = Saga. So, yeah. There’s actually nothing fancy about the word “Hikayat” :laughing:

• A 2nd gate to prevent you playing through “Completionist” mode.
    So, Completionist is actually intended to be a New Game+, not as your first playthrough. In fact, I do plan to lock this mode until you clear the story at least once (if I ever finished this WIP and publish it :sweat_smile:)

That being said, I can’t and won’t force you to not play through that mode. However, unless you’re intended to test the story through that mode, I recommend not to play through that mode.

As the result of all those changes, I’m afraid that you’re forced to reset your playthrough. I’m terribly story with that :frowning_face:
But I feel like it’s also a necessary step considering the magnitude of the changes that are made.

Anyway, I hope these new stuffs will pay off your lost of previous playthrough :slight_smile:

And as usual, all reports of bugs and typos will go directly to me and will be addressed immediately. :medal_military:

5 Likes