Hikayat: Of Black Eye. Updated 7 August 2017

Got this error when finish talking with… Fame and Fortune?

1 Like

Should be fixed by now, but I don’t have the time to do a full playthrough to mop up any possible remaining bugs. :sweat_smile:

Report back to me if you found another bug, soldier!

1 Like

I do also found this when choosing quality, then go to show status, and click Developer Status. I not really sure though is this intended or not

1 Like

Try Quick test and random tests - they can help in bug search

Eheheh. You chose the “Developer Mode,” isn’t it?
Sorry. But…
none shall pass that mode. :smiling_imp:

(Fixed it, tho)

Anyway, I’m currently working on the *sigh* Infirmary scene, and I’ve to admit, the progress is kinda slow.

The content I’m working on is quite big, but the playthrough length is probably isn’t that big as well. I’m also experimenting with CScript and implementing certain mechanics too (which probably took the most writing time). :sweat_smile:
That’s why, I’d recommend on creating “multiple-chars” and play different routes.

But either way, expect an update in a week or 2 :raised_hands:t4:

They’re quite handy for bug testing, I agree, but most bugs that occured on my end is “high-level” bugs (bugs about continuity and *label skipping) which can’t be detected by quick/random test :confused:

Besides, what I meant by this

is that it’s 23:10 at here (and I have a class at 07:00 tomorrow) :3

1 Like

New update time!
This time, I’ll call it as “Choose Your Shape” update as that’s literally what will you do on this version of playthrough.

Keep in mind that I’m yet to thoroughly test the new contents, so you might encounter tons of bugs.

That being said, this update will be a pre-update of the actual polished update, as I would like some feedback before polishing the new content. “Report back any enemy movement immediately!”

The new stuff included on this update:

• Continuation of the story, the Infirmary scene.
  • Visual rework on stats screen.
  • Some new, prototype-ish stats and game mechanics.
  • A new in-depth ending section when you reach the end of the playthrough.
  • Revisited and rewritten some earlier texts.

BTW, if you found the conversation with the physician unsatisfying, just tell me. I’ll try to improve it as well :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Found this while playing the relationship route

2 Likes

Can’t start the prologue

1 Like

Yep just got that myself

1 Like

I got this while playing knowledge root

1 Like

I am so looking forward to this game. Keep up the great work. :smile:

1 Like

Ah! Sorry, ppl.
I keep forgetting if there’re those unused variable on a lot of places :expressionless:
I guess, that’s what you get for having a tons of variables and a lot of scenes.

Anyway, it’s fixed now :heavy_check_mark:
I’ll also try to do my own playthrough to find another bugs :thinking:

1 Like

Well, hello again, @Szaal! Didn’t realize this was your WIP until I came to comment. I tried to intervene in the argument and got this error:

And then, oddly enough, I tried to load a save I’d made just before that choice and got another error! (This only happened when I tried to load from that page; I restarted the game and the load worked fine)

I’ll update when I finish. I really like your beginning, though, having a completely different dream based on your goal – each one gives the story a different feel. I wonder how you’re going to blend them all into the same plot?

EDIT: this was on completionist mode, better world, daydreamer, in case that makes a difference!

1 Like

Another one. Discussing callouses, then this.

2 Likes

Hey yaaah, welcome to my dominion, @Alexandra .
Yep, as you can see, it’s a little bit too quiet at here. Nevertheless, I somehow like it. It’s like no one will bat an eye if you have something goes wrong :sweat_smile:

Anyway, both of your bugs should be fixed now. The last one (the callus? callous?) is actually quite tricky, tho, but at least I managed to fix it.

And about the issue you have on loading a save, it’s actually quite common.
The problem is that when you load a save, you don’t literally “return to your previous condition.”
To get the full effect from loading a save, you’ve to restart the game :slightly_frowning_face:

I never give a deep thought about it before :thinking:, but I think it’s doable. Tricky, but doable.

Story-wise, you can say that you’re basically playing through all of those 4 path :open_hands:t4:
The difference is that the story will have more emphasize on the path you chose.

So, yep. You can be famous, rich, genius, become the all-inspiring paragon, and have a lot of girlfriends (or boyfriends. Or both!). I just need to think how to prevent the readers from getting all of those easily :thinking: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Sounds interesting and reads quite nicely. Keep it up! :relaxed::+1:

Here’s a another one

And another one

1 Like

Yup, got that fixed.
Pretty quick on those both, but I’m afraid you’ll probably be sent back to the beginning of the chapter :frowning_face:

Got for all three choices

3 Likes

Walked out at the end without saying anything. Game thought I was too rude, decided to crash.

1 Like