Hey, what's that game? -- A thread for identifying ChoiceScript games

I have one more game I’m trying to find that’s a gay only sci-fi epic. I remember one of the RO being an overly protective alien adoptive brother and your mom is in cryogenic sleep.

Edit: Actually I do have a bonus wip I’m looking for I don’t think it’s being worked on ATM but there was this project where you were gathering people with superhuman abilities that kept cutting back between the past an present where you’re attending the funeral of one of the members of this team whose past away as far as we know right now. It’s old and I doubt anyone remembers it but I thought it’d be fun to revisit and see if anyone can think of it

1 Like

Don’t know the first one, but I think the second is Team Zero.

2 Likes

In Stasis and in Space. It’s been moved to Ren’Py, available on itch.

3 Likes

Author made some visual novel out of it, right? I liked the old form in Choicescript :v

Im looking for two wips in the first wip MC is the son of a clan and we have a war with other clan and we lost the war and our father and siblings are dead and our half brother arrange our marriage with the daughter/Son of our enemy clan which we fought.

In the second wip our village was destroyed and we ran to the forest and being followed by the peoples who destroyed our village and we are saved by werewolves and then we start to live with their pack.

I believe the first one is Retribution: From the Ashes (though the MC is gender-selectable, not necessarily a son)

The first, I believe is Retribution - From the Ashes (linking the demo) and the tumblr is here. It is currently on hiatus.

1 Like

Thank you guys

1 Like

Looking for a wip about about being the child of villain parents were you get caught by heroes while you and your best friend are on mission for your parents and sent to a remote reform school for kids with powers.

That might be my (very old) WiP? :sweat_smile: It’s not exactly right, as the MC wasn’t the child of villains, just raised by them, but the rest fits. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be continuing with it in this format, but at the same time, I’m not really sure what format really fits.

2 Likes

I’m thinking it is something else, though I couldn’t find it when I was looking. I believe your supervillain parents were captured, which is why you went to the reforming school, and there was some stuff related to that (I’m thinking there was some sort of court scene? and maybe something where you were talking with one of them while they were in prison?). I think there was some tension with some classmates and/or teachers due to your parents. Either way what they described definitely exists/existed in some fashion, as I remember what they described with certainty (other things being more nebulous and possibly mixing some WIPs).

I think you’re looking for this one

Unfortunately according to the writer’s tumblr it’s cancelled.

1 Like

I was thinking that was it. I totally forgot she had a post here regarding it, and since I had only looked at her tumblr I didn’t have any sort of synopsis to check. Since the demo has been down for a while I couldn’t check via it and didn’t want to possibly be wrong in saying it, especially since I was pretty sure it was ChoiceScript (there was a longer version on Twine that she had taken down) :slight_smile:

It was indeed villain the catalyst, thank your assistance lo6otia, weissewoelfin, and parrotwatcher.

1 Like

It’s driving me crazy, but I have been looking for a specific one of your titles, but I sadly can’t remember the title.

I played it long time ago, but I remember the story rather well. The protagonist ends up getting jumped by these supernatural beings in the beginning of the story when they were searching a building. You end up becoming a part of their group, like something out of Leverage. I remember the one female character is a snarky bad ass and doesn’t like you at first. The one male love interest is name either David or Daniel (I think.)

Sorry if this all sounds jumbled, but it’s been a long time since I read it, so some of it might be a bit mixed up.

Hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance.

I remember it was very well written, and the choice of love interests were amazing. It’s not any of the Masquerade ones, or Werewolves.

I really want to find this one and reread it. It was my favorite.

Edit: Found it. Turns out it’s Wayhaven Chronicles.

2 Likes

There was a WIP setting in a medieval fantasy where supposedly the moon became a demon and had to be sealed away by the sun thousands of years ago. You’re a small town nobody that breaks into the office of the town guard with a friend to see a sword. It’s supposedly a holy weapon and shines in the hands of your friend but burns you. Not to ramble too long but it turns out that the old story isn’t necessarily true and your the favored person/chosen one of the moon and your forced to escape town as the Saint who the sword belongs to murders your mother and tries to do the same to you but before that they try to recruit your friend because they might be the chosen one of the sun? That was where the demo left off but it’s much more involved, if only I could remember it’s name I’m dying to know what happens next.

1 Like

Maybe Song of the Fallen?

3 Likes

Its aetherian spell academy dead or on hitaus?

So there was this game with fantasy races and I can’t remember the name.

I think you started off adopted by a lovely couple as a baby and you got chores which involves collecting eggs, and you can get a horse from your uncle who visits on your birthday, its got dragons and like some kind of school that involves the dragons? And when you get older you have to clean the house of a neighbor who had left due to some unpleasantness?

Sorry this is rambly I wrote stuff as I remembered it.

1 Like

It might be this one.

1 Like