Villain: The Catalyst - Book One
Mutants, powered people, powerheads, super people, mega-humans . . . freaks. Many names exist, but one thing was for sure, they weren’t human and therefore they weren’t accepted. Ever since the first mutant came out to the public, humanity has rejected and feared the idea. Now, decades later, and little has changed. Humanity tolerates your kind because they have to. And like in all stories, heroes rose and though still gained nervous glares, were loved. While others, mutants such as yourself, were left to pick up the hatred that humanity so badly needed to give.
You live in Davenport, one of the largest super cities in the world, and soon to be the location of where it all begins. You’re a villain, born into the life thanks to your parents, and simply because of your status as a mutant. All your life you’ve been told what you will become, and frankly you haven’t really questioned it much. But, when you’re caught and sent to an academy for both villains and heroes, created by the government, you can feel something amidst. And before you know it, you’re thrown into something you never asked for. Something bigger than you, your parents, heroes and villains alike, and the government.
Will you be the spark, or the extinguisher for what is to come?
• Play as male, female, or non-binary.
• Romance eight different mutants with unique backgrounds.
• Help your team become a team, or push them farther apart. Help others find love or spark new friendships, or make it all worse.
• Discover clues and uncover what you believe is a government conspiracy.
• Train and hone both your skills and powers, and become one of the most powerful mutants to ever live.
• Upgrade and unlock unique powers and skills to further yourself along the way.
• Choose an allegiance and be loyal, or work as a double agent, or even pit one against the other.
• Try and stop a deadly looming war.
• Multiple endings that all come with their own consequences.
As always, feedback and critiques are welcomed with open arms and if you have any questions then throw em at me. If there’s a stat that you’re curious about or confused by, please tell me cos then I can just add that to the Resources and Terms stat page. Character designs are coming and if enough people would like, I can share the character template that I’m using so you can make your own character on it.