Hey, what's that game? -- A thread for identifying ChoiceScript games

This one is an old WIP. The MC was adopted by a hero and was trained to be his sidekick. One day, while they were out doing what heroes do, something bad happened and MC was presumed dead. I think they might have been revived somehow but decided to let everyone believe they were still dead. There was a scene where MC is outside the house of their adoptive father contemplating if they should let him know that they are alive or not, but decide against it once they saw his new sidekick.

I think that was From Ashes We Rise.

4 Likes

That’s it, thanks

1 Like

I remembered the name of the game while writting in here. It was Stardom in Seoul. Now, for today’s weather report…

3 Likes

So I’m looking for a game where you are a kid & have the power to control shadows and your friend can control minds. Also your parents are like famous villains?

I presume it’s this game;

Thank you I couldn’t find it at all.

I’m trying to remember the title of this WIP that was around a few years ago. You played as a royal (I think you were the heir to the throne) with a very loving, caring father (if I’m correct, he was the King) and an awful, neglecting mother. The demo ended right around the time you found out your mother was pregnant, and you were going to have a younger sister.

It was very well-written, and thus, very popular, but I’m pretty sure it’s no longer being worked on.

2 Likes

Did it involve being a bastard child and maybe having supernatural powers bc of your mom and the queen being your stepmom and your step siblings not really liking you? And on some point you… Run away alone or with your brother’s wife… And your bff tries to stop you?

Because I have no idea how that game was called (or if it’s the same game, even) but if anyone knows, please help.

I don’t think it’s the same game lmao but that sounds sick, now I want to play it, too.

1 Like

@AdmirableAnimation is probably thinking of The Unwanted Warrior, which does seem to match your description! Or rather, your description seems to match an older version of it, as the current demo continues quite a bit past the younger half-sister’s introduction.

6 Likes

That’s the one! Thank you!

2 Likes

is that One Thousand Blooms by Lycoris?

Do note that the author took down the demo to probably concentrate on Nothing Left (to Burn).

EDIT: It was also titled “The Purple Desire” before the rename.

2 Likes

Thank you, but nope! I’m beginning to suspect I imagined the whole thing hahahah

Here’s a few more things about it: I remember the game had a Tumblr page and it was going to have a bunch of different personality traits the MC could have. I also remember the sister was eventually going to marry some guy that the MC could have an affair with.

Oh, and the author once said on the forum that, everytime someone asked them about the update, they’d postpone it for a week.

I think that’s all :sob:

Lol to the postponed part :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I also believe it is One Thousand Blooms!

Odd. i checked the forum thread for that game and apparently there is a post that mentions of an affair with the sibling’s spouse and another that mentions the delay for a week. i can’t vouch for the tumblr because it could have been deleted.

Unless the game had a scene with an uncomfortable family dinner and an uncle giving the MC a pack of marshmallow (if the MC talked to him) then maybe it is a different game.

Sorry if i can’t help.

My apologies, you and @theresnoway are right. It’s One Thousand Blooms! I guess I didn’t recognize it because I used to be able to play the demo, but, like you said, the author closed it.

Shame. :sob: Nothing left (to Burn) has great writing as well, but it’s not really my cup of tea. Thank you, though! Sorry I’m an idiot lmao

3 Likes

Heya! Guys may I ask anybody who knows the title of this WIP which you are a vampire in a zombie apocalypse? :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@HectorPX this one?

5 Likes