[WIP] [22-May-2021] Artificial: Life as an AI

Re-opened at author’s request.

Aww devils, no save option…

2 Likes

Este juego me recuerda mucho a choice of robot pero en estamos ahora interpretando al robot.

2 Likes

Whoops, I forgot to uncomment that!

1 Like

Update 0.0.0.7 is now live.

Highlights

• College has been added
  • Mentors have been added
  • Prologue Stats have been added
  • Company Name input has been added

Next Update(s)

1. Create the A.I. Company
  2. Customize your A.I. in Development
  3. Complete Stat calculations and finish stat menu
  4. Decide on style for playing as an A.I. and get user feedback
  5. Move on to Chapter 1

My new strategy is to get a skeleton of the game/story completed and then to go back and add more details and features until I am satisfied with it. I hope that this approach will work for everyone.

17 Likes

@Speedcubing_Gaming found an error: stat_subroutines line 34

1 Like

Hello! When I want to choose Leeford University and Emerson’s military aspirations, it gives me this error.

3 Likes

Oi @Speedcubing_Gaming
Just my opinion, even though Emerson is a masculine name, these days it’s also used for females…
But Emerson as a masculine name and Emersyn would be way more fitting as a feminine name…

And Emer or Emi as a nickname /shortened name for Emerson and Emmy for Emersyn would way more fitting and will have less gender neuter feeling (:joy_cat::smirk_cat::smile_cat: lol not that I have anything against this, I prefer neutral more)

More than half of the Institutions/Universities are based in USA?!? :roll_eyes::smirk_cat::thinking:
:joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat: lol Where’s Germany? , China or Japan?!?
Lol just kidding, it’s not like it matters much in the story…
None of the University /Institute routes except for the online community college route…

1 Like

A mi que soy mexicano Emerson me suena a nombre masculino o incluso a apellido. Y creo que me gustaría complementar tu sugerencia de nombres femenino por Emely, una de mis primas se llama asi por lo que me parece factible ese nombre al menos es lo que sugiero.

I may change some of the locations, however, they are based on real universities that have A.I. programs and their locations reflect them.

1 Like

I will check it out.

If you can point me toward some universities that have or are likely to have A.I. programs by messaging me or replying, let me know.

Additionally, my gender-neutral choice of name for your creator seems somewhat controversial. Please let me know how you feel about this.

How should Emerson be named?
  • Emerson (Gender Neutral)
  • Emerson/Emersyn (Masc./Fem.)
  • A different gender neutral name (Reply)

0 voters

As far as I know Emerson is a name of German origin meaning ‘Son of Emery’…

Emerson simply won’t work for neutral NB imo, it literally means Son of Emery :joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat:

If ya don’t plan to use nicknames or shortened names simply Emery (even though it’s still mainly masculine used name) might work as a
Gender-Neutral name…

Again it’s just my opinion :roll_eyes::thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Or you can use Everly type of name for all F/M/NB…

Since many people are debating various parts of my story, I have decided to inform readers where I am getting some of my information.

Note that the story does take place several decades in the future, so culture will become more complex and diverse, and new institutions may become more prominent.

And, to reiterate what I stated above, if anyone has any suggestions for some universities that I should include in other countries with world-class artificial intelligence programs, please let me know. My research was shallow in this topic since I am trying to move past the prologue, but I would be glad to add/swap choices for university.

Next post: Game Update

4 Likes

Absolutely this is your d𝗮mn story, don’t let anyone make you change the main vision/structure of the story (lol even though I’m one of those to start this mess :kissing_cat::smile_cat::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

3 Likes

i cant move further then choosing a university

Hmm… Looks like only TOCC, that online community college route works so far…

Minor update (not being counted in versions) fixing bugs mentioned by @Starkness, @Bulk_Biceps, @Mei_Hiroshi, and @Empress_Nightmare.

I would post what I have completed today, but I think it will be better to release the rest of the company/character customization at the same time. Expect that in the next few days, though I may post some unofficial updates on dashingdon for testing before updating version numbers.

Note: The demo should end after entering your company name.

Screenshot

Thank you for your support.

6 Likes