[WIP] [22-May-2021] Artificial: Life as an AI

Well done on your first game and very cool idea

1 Like

I honestly agree with you on that.

2 Likes

I love AI genre!!! Im so glad you made one!!! Keep up the good work!
2cebc30baa747b4814cbade2c01de8d3

3 Likes

Extremely hype about a game with this concept

1 Like

Finally, a game that lets me go full Skynet! All hail the superior race of killer, sadistic robots!!

5 Likes

I’d rather go make living Transformers myself. But skynet is pretty cool too! Bring out the sentence robots!

2 Likes

Due to your suggestions, I will be re-evaluating my pacing and not provide a plot update today. I will instead work on a solution to this issue, as I agree that my work does not yet live up to the hype that I promised in the description. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

I had hoped to avoid significant branching initially, but it seems like I will have to write individual branches one at a time for the best results.

2 Likes

Updates:

• The Dashingdon demo has an improved menu system, preparing for more assets.
  • I have disabled the saving for now.
  • I have begun the split prologue development.
  • Stat names and dependencies have been decided on, should be implemented soon

This image details how I intend to divide up the Chapter 00 and Prologue only branches.
Each one will need to produce these values prior to a common section before Chapter 01.

Thank you for the suggestions and I apologize for being so slow in the writing.

11 Likes

I don’t envy you. You have to tackle the complex philosophies of “can an AI feel emotion” which leads into “what is emotion” and “is emotion more than chemicals” and then a whole bunch of other stuff. I, of course, am going to take full advantage of your suffering and enjoy what is going to be a great story!

7 Likes

Meh, at least you’re better than GRRM😁

4 Likes

It’s good so far

2 Likes

Cant wait. Did some betatesting for COG in past but dont have much time nowadays, but for this i will make time.

2 Likes

To start, I apologize for the delays for the last couple weeks. I will try to do better about keeping a schedule for writing. I have decided to do one smaller update on each weekday, at no specific time.

Thank you all for your support and replies, it means a lot to me.

Thank you, I look forward to your feedback.

On another note, this project is becoming more and more complex with each update, from increasing branches to adding characters. As it stands, I have a couple of ideas that I would like to bounce off of everyone:

1. Firstly, would you prefer chronological updates or for me to focus on completion? After I finish the prologue/chapter 00 combo, I foresee many more diverging paths.
  • Completion (Update one branch at a time)
  • Chronological (Update all branches to the same point)
  • Something else (Please reply or message me with details)
0 voters
  1. Secondly, regarding the characters of the story and concerns from others about slower pacing, I need to decide how to detail the characters and setting while also maintaining your own limited perspective during the choice making. I have a few ideas, but I would like to see how popular they are before I commit.
  • Alternate chapters between you and the other characters.
  • Make the choices at the beginning of the chapter and read the results and reactions for the rest of the chapter (first person at the beginning and third person for the rest).
  • Limit the player to whatever method of interacting with the world that they would have as an A.I.
  • No Character Interaction (Obviously this one is not ideal).
  • A mix of all of these, depending on the chapter.
0 voters

Finally, I understand that the game is not much yet, essentially just a writing prompt, but I welcome any input on what I have so far. As I have stated, this is my first serious writing project, so any comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

After an update, the most helpful feedback that you could give me is whether or not things are working (until the writing gets going). I have also been working on the stats page with the updates, so be sure to take a look and test out the different features.

I would like to thank you all again for your interest and hope that this will be an interesting journey for myself and all of you. That is all for today!

3 Likes

Update: Discord Server Added

3 Likes

cant access discord unfortunately so id like to ask how its going.

1 Like

It is slow going… I have been wracking my brain on how to present a fresh take on A.I. within the scope and capabilities of ChoiceScript. It is quite a challenge to balance accuracy and fun.

Additionally, I have returned to University, so I will have much less time to think about it. However, do not despair! I have definitely not given up. Once I work out the kinks and decide on how I will present the world to the player, I should be able to write easier.

As it stands, this project is growing ever more complex and my perfectionist self will probably end up rewriting the first few chapters several times before I am satisfied.

In any case, thanks for the interest… And if you or anyone else has any suggestions or questions, please feel free to post them here or in the Discord. My thought process is kind of weird and sometimes talking to others helps me think of solutions.

7 Likes

@Speedcubing_Gaming i like the concept of this game i think it has great potential good luck! :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds great! :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Well, I have come to the point where I must ask you, the readers if you would prefer for me to use real location and place names (i.e. cities, universities, countries) or pseudo names that are similar to real places in the game. As I will be using pseudo names for companies and brands, I decided to ask if I should use this practice for the other locations and names that I will be using in the game.

• Real Location Names
  • Pseudo Names

0 voters

Also, regarding the world-building, I am fairly certain that I would like a regular cast of characters for the player to interact with, but introducing their characters might stretch the prologue/chapter 00 out longer. As such, I have come up with a few different options with how to introduce them:

• Full Introduction in Prologue/CH00
  • Name and job in Prologue/CH00, details on Character page
  • No introduction, describe them and what they do the first time that they appear
  • Just put them in the Character page
  • Something else (Reply to this message)

0 voters

Thank you for your continued support.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the @moderators.