Which WIP would you bring back from the dead?

On the plus side, I don’t think Sovereign Reality is dead :slight_smile: In March CitizenShawn said he’s made a lot of changes and is planning on updating at some point

1 Like

The author for The Spiral Kingdom is still active, So i’m not sure if they have indeed stopped working on it.

I CAN STILL HOPE! :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh, I wish he would do it, but I don’t have much hope. He has started three WIPs and abandoned each of them.

1 Like

Is Tavern Tales dead? I miss that one too.

1 Like

My favorite too. And it’s not dead. Just dormant. Comatose if you will.

2 Likes

I have been wishing on stars that these WIP will come back;
Spiral Kingdom
Seven Winds
Team Zero
S.O.S. The Mortal Coil ( Not completely sure if it’s dead though )
& Blood For Poppies
I have more but I can’t remember their names right now.

4 Likes

Scales&Tales please :wink:

3 Likes

No it is not dead just on pause, have talked to @CitizenShawn and at some point he will return to it. :smile:

1 Like

Blood for poppies is still being worked on.

4 Likes

Best news I’ve heard all day! Thank you

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that @Dolphinzgirl is still working on Team Zero, so I wouldn’t call it dead.

3 Likes

I don’t know if I can call Highway Marshall dead. It might just be comatose until @Lordirish 's annual thirst for themed short stories is finally sated. :stuck_out_tongue: That’s what I’m hoping anyway. It popped up a couple of months ago with a demo that showed a hell of a lot of promise and the creator whom I won’t name or tag here to avoid nagging was really responsive until they suddenly weren’t and the thread just never got posted to again.

I’m kind of a sucker for non-zombie based post apocalyptic stories where you play a badass who’s still human.

3 Likes

When in Rome, I think. Unless it isn’t dead…and I am sorely mistaken. Spiral Kingdom, too.

There were a few others that I was sad to see hadn’t been poked at for quite some time, but I can’t remember their names off-hand. A decent number of 'em were sci-fi, though, I know that much.

3 Likes

It’s been a while. But I’m still hopeful that someday, Vendetta (link here) will be published. I was fortunate enough to play just a smidgen of Chapter II back when it was still up; and every chapter just seemed to just get better and better.

Part of this could be tinted lenses looking back at the past, but I still think that Vendetta was the best WIP that I’ve ever seen on the forums throughout my stay in here. I’m not saying that any of the authors nowadays on CoG are any worse than Vendetta; but Vendetta just seemed to be working on an entirely different level.

7 Likes

I don’t think I can limit myself to just one but I can, with difficulty, limit myself to three. So without further Ado and in no particular order:
Vendetta
Scales&Tales
Switch

As you may note my list includes two thirds of more lighthearted games as those do unfortunately seem to have a higher rate of attrition in the Wip’s.
Although I have some small hope that @fskfx Swan Lake concept might satisfy my craving for a fish out of water (literally) prince(ss) story with humorous elements.

Ack!! on second thought I can’t even limit myself to three, so honourable mentions go to
Seven Heirs of Ophaesia (though I really, really hope I’m premature on calling this one) and the Burden

6 Likes

Probably:
The Burden
Spiral Kingdom
The Clueless Teen’s Guide to Living with the Supernatural

There are a ton more that are interesting/caught my interest that I’m sad are dead but I can’t really remember them all at the moment.

1 Like

Liked that one too, but somehow I always had the feeling that one might do better as a visual novel (Renpy) game instead.
No offense intended to the wonderful folks here at CoG of course.

8 Likes

Definitely When in Rome and Seven Heirs. There was also this other WIP I liked about a teenage witch who just moved to a new town. It reminded me of the Secret Circle.

4 Likes

Oh my god, The Burden. How did I forget about the naked game! :joy:

The Witching Hour?

Lmao, that’s my fault. Me and Fawkes are intensely rping. (sorrynotsorry)

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s it. I really liked that one. I wish there were more games about witches.

1 Like