Which WIP would you bring back from the dead?

I would have to say A Tale of Phill

Glad you’re having fun, I’ll make a note that you’re the second most evil person on these forums (no one can beat @Cataphrak ). :smiling_imp:

Well it seems you might actually get to be real robot prince(ss) if you go for the “noble” route in the Myrmidon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Way too many WIPs for me to even count.

Off the top of my head, there’s Heal by @bawpie, apparently worked on and off (and bumped), as the 2012 thread went through a 2 year hiatus and was resurrected in 2015. (Link still works if you look up the game)

Hmm… RATiO by @FoxalypticWorld. I’m a sucker for these sorts of otherwordly/monster focused games, and this one’s no different. Kinda iffy to call it dead though as the last post in the thread was in late March, but it counts. (Link still works)

Children of Iseir by @Rob. I loved this game’s intro and its level of character creation, it made me giddy just by playing as a child. The fact I still remember it is a testament to it’s memorability. (Link DOESN’T work)

Aeon Sage by @RETowers (aka Reaperoa). This WIP had an otherwordly, yet immersive (dare I say down to earth, until the inevitable plot buildup) atmosphere to it. The game was fascinating for this reason, and I found myself enjoying it as well. (Link has been removed)

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. If I think up anything else I’ll make sure to update. I would post the links but it’s easier to do on a computer. (Did this on a phone)

EDIT: Ah, I thought up of a couple more.

Ruler of the Red Empire by @Bastiaan. Really old, first posted in late 2011. You play as a royal family member (or heir, if you will) of an empire, and from what I vaguely remember your choices affect whether your empire values innovation, isolationism, pacifism, militarism, among other things. Quite enjoyable despite the rather rough state of its draft. (Link DOESN’T work)

@Ayzkalyn and Dragonslayer. This one is definitely more of an RPG then many other WIPs, with an emphasis placed on increasing your stats and money. Very well polished, though the author stopped development a little while ago. (Despite the last time I played it there was content there that I didn’t remember being there before, sooo…) Link for this one works.

The Order of the Rose by @TheWoodSprite. Another genre that I’m a sucker for, the game is set in a fantastical world where the MC can be a human enslaved by a race of their own creation, said race, and more. The storylines for each started uniquely, each having their own settings to kick things off. Development was put on hiatus as the author started working on a prequel, and hasn’t been seen since April. The link still works, though.

11 Likes

The Outbreak. I’m not too sure why, but that still has a fond place in my heart.

You shouldn’t tag the creators. That’s a little too close to breaking the forum rules. It’s breaking the spirit of them if not the letter.

1 Like

No complaints here. Might add a ‘Please leave the moderating to the moderators’ message though.

4 Likes

Well… this thread led to finding some interesting WIPs… that I now wish weren’t dead as well!

oops!

Seven Winds and The clueless teenager’s guide to the supernatural were both a lot of fun.

So wait, just so it’s clear, it’s ok to tag creators in posts complaining about them not having finished a game?

I can see your concern.

I’ll admit I prefer the links to the threads in question, as opposed to having the creators tagged. I did actually get an alert when my game thread was linked though, which was similar to the one I’d have got if I’d been tagged.

I don’t think anyone on this thread is actually complaining about games not being finished. Certainly if someone complains, please flag it. It seems to me though that everyone is just reminiscing on old games they enjoyed.

Authors can always mute this topic so they’re not aware of any mentions of their names here.

11 Likes

I wasn’t trying to cause trouble. It’s just easier for me to do them in that format as I was away from my computer at the time, on my way to some exams.

Just checked out the profiles of all the people I mentioned, and the only ones that have been online recently were RETowers and FoxalypticWorld. Probably nothing to worry about.

1 Like

I figured you weren’t trying to cause trouble. That’s why I didn’t just flag your post. Didn’t want to scare you by calling in the scary moderators when it seemed like you might not have had any idea what you were doing could even be considered a problem. XD

Although actually the moderators on this site are probably the least scary of any site I’ve been on.

3 Likes

And if even one author gets a burst of creative energy and is jolted into resuming or restarting an old work that would certainly be a welcome bonus.
At least the mention shows them that there is still a sliver of demand and appreciation, no matter how small, for these older works that didn’t quite make it to the finish line.

6 Likes

I miss “heal” definitely was a good storyline and fun idea

1 Like

Waiting for Carhalow and Chaos State myself. Both authors had some dramatics distract them from their writing.

Really!? That’s awesome! Thank you for letting me know

@Shoelip, I didn’t abandon Highway Marshall, I’ll blame it all on @Lordirish :wink: (who managed to completely distract me and I spent all of May on the competition, which is just a brilliant way to get some major work done on a story). As a result I’m really behind on my real job and I’ve given myself a one month moratorium to get back to speed with my other work.

Nevertheless before the competition I managed to make some significant additions to Highway Marshall, including addressing many of the suggestion I got from testers (though I don’t want to re-release till I’ve addressed all comments, as I believe that if people spend their time playing and giving suggestions the least I can do is implement them…when I do release it’s likely to be about twice the size, and I’m about 80% complete). If all goes well next update will go out at the beginning of July, which will also include the next section of the game (which is already fully coded. Actually the second half of the game is also 60-70% finished, but not releasable yet… So this project will be finished!)

7 Likes

Ow… only to happy to distract. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Choice of rome oh I loved being me a prostitute.

3 Likes

There was one WIP where you were the illegitimate child of a king and you were raised as part of the kitchen staff I think. It was a fantasy type game. I wish I remembered the name.

Oh, dang. Carhalow is on super hiatus right now. I should ask a mod to edit the thread for me… Sorry Jinx :cold_sweat:

3 Likes