Which WIP would you bring back from the dead?

I think the game/concept you were/are looking for is/was called Rook.

The biggest problem I always have with the “your character is the (late) King’s bastard” type of games is why would my mc want to risk his neck for a job for which he’s usually laughably un(der)prepared?
I usually find it quite difficult to get the motivation to usurp unless the current ruler is either very malicious or very inept, or both (like GoT’s Joffrey).

With Rook specifically I really hated that King for acknowledging the mc with his dying breath. “Way to paint a target on my back dad”. As now half the Kingdom seems to want to kill the mc, while the other half want to use him for their own ends. My working theory there was that the old man just wanted the mc dead without giving the explicit order himself.

7 Likes

I try to think of it in a more historical context way. Like the king is an ass but he probably couldn’t acknowledge you as his heir because you were a bastard and he wanted legitimate heirs but that never worked out and now you’re his only hope of continuing the throne.

After years of being ignored I like this sudden rise to power and usually become ruthless in games that have it but that’s just me.

1 Like

The All: Replica Trilogy. I enjoyed it and wish it would continue.

4 Likes

Yes, but in Rook at least I believe the King did have both legitimate heirs and other bastards who were significantly better prepared than the mc , as I believe that Kingdom was on the verge of a civil war between rival claimants anyway, even without adding the mc into the mix.

I liked Carthallow, A Thousand Years of Orchids, Dragoneer, Slime Quest, The Grand Slime, The Barrens, Pride and Prejudice, Ratio, and the Spiral Kingdom. I like most WiPs.

3 Likes

@Sovereign2Lilith

we will need to build graveyard if this continues.

2 Likes

Personally,the one WIP that caught my eye was called ‘Dragons!’. I’m not sure if any of you heard about it or not. It took place in a (I think) low fantasy setting where magic was less commonplace and was only heard of in rumours. You played as an MC who comes across a magical pendant that turns them into a dragon. There was also two main branching paths. On one you went with a noble and on the others,you went with a mysterious woman. It sounded really promising and I was intrigued by the worldbuilding. For example,like the person that the MC found the pendant on. Another was,how and why did magic fade to the point where it was only a myth. Unfortunately,the person making it couldn’t continue the project…

4 Likes

It’s still going you can find it here on the forums

I liked this one WIP which I cannot find a name for because I forgot it’s name. But you start out as a soldier but more of a kid. You suppose to lead your people out from a rebellion. All I can remember is that you stand on a ship with fellow people and you are asked to look around and while everybody is shouting or yelling a white haired girl or a girl starts talking and then she gets shot and your suppose to ethier save her or not. Another scene I can fondly remember is when your tasked outside a radiation plant and then it explodes then when you wake up your in a cell with people who are strangers to you and your group you can ethier ignore them or help them to escape. And then a guard says they will let you guys go if they can have their way with one of the girls you have and then you can choose wether you want to or not. And during the time in the prison cell you know somebody betrayed you guys. I think it was the MC was Russian and your another opposing fraction. It was very detailed and I could imagine every single image the WIP portrayed but I can’t even remember it’s name in the slightest. Maybe you guys could help me find the name.

I’m with you! Decimals all the way!

5 Likes

What you did there, I see it.

1 Like

Oh there are too many to name! Correct me if I’m wrong about them being dead WIP but:
Team Zero
Speed
RATiO
Evolved
Tainted: The Revolution
The Winter Child
Supernatural In New York
A Strange Birthday
Rosebud Prep
The Resident
Nightmares and Decay
The Angel War (even though it was short)
Switch (I just read this WIP now and I’m so upset to hear that it’s not being worked on anymore. :cry:)
I really hope that some of these WIP are still being worked on but the authors are on a break. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Vendetta: rise of a gangster I still sometimes play the unfinished demo.

7 Likes

I hope so. The story is really interesting and I love the characters.

Heal which was abandoned on a cliff hanger. Bawpie had done some fine character writing/coding (especially the gambling scene) and I wish it had gone to conclusion.

4 Likes

Since it’s not your own WiP, that belongs in this thread instead. Have a nice day.

Thanks. You too.
(Interception)

1 Like

Tactical Force.

The idea of being a dank ass gamer who plays this game where you have to rely on your own senses more than anything else seemed pretty damn interesting to me.

Ill give my nail polished toe for “the follower” and “team zero” to be reborn

Woops never mind my comment then lel

2 Likes