What kind of stories do you want to see for Choice of Games & Hosted Games?

A space opera, where you command your spaceship, like Honor Harrington.

1 Like

Personally I’d love a fairytale type game. With traditional elements like being able to sing too animals for aid. And unique elements like being an orc or goblin, being able to learn magic. Pick what our curse would be like lycanthropy or turning into a troll at night ect.

3 Likes

I’ve been on an Issekai binge lately and I’d love to play a game that is effectively a reverse Issekai where you take a fantasy character who gets dragged into our world.

I just think it’d be hilarious that instead of going to powerless to powerful the MC goes from powerful to powerless and being confused why they can’t use their skills anymore.

6 Likes

Always a fan and advocate of ones where you’re a monster, or inhuman in some way. Stuff like being a Witch or Warlock’s familiar (enjoyed the wip of that one), the Gnawing Chronicles did this very well, and another sort of half example was this older wip. You were a vampire, sure, but you’re appearance was stuck as that of a child. Instantly makes the whole vampire thing more interesting and engaging I think, being different. So uh…whatever kinds of stories those are.

5 Likes

Battle royale type of scenarios! Stuff where you are dropped on a contest zone, and the winner takes an amazing price! And you get to decide if you want to help/uplift other contestants to keep them in the game, or sabotage them to eliminate them! If the stakes are life and death (if contestants/ROs can be killed or die), it’d be perfect!

Idol!

2 Likes

Hero on the losing side of a conflict where you have to live as a prop trotted out by the government of the winning side every so often. So you’d be the enemy/villain to pretty much everyone you interacted with “now” even though you’d been a hero to your people/side of things all of your near past.

I’d also like to see more standalones. Sometimes it starts to feel as if the whole world has got sequelitis.

8 Likes

Great word!

1 Like

I would like to see a historical family saga, like the novels which its plot is about a family or generations of a family in an great historical context

It would be interesting if we can play as different family members or play as a character and then playing as the descendant.

5 Likes

Stuff like keeper of sun and moon series. Become op and have the avility to be either completely good, completely evil, or even a balance of both, with the appropriate character timeline and a wonderful story to back it up.

1 Like

One where an immortal king of the draconian race is defeated by a traitor who was one of his most trusted advisors and now has to recover his kingdom along with the loyal remains of his army conquered a kingdom.

I want to see more angels and demons and less vampires and werewolves…

3 Likes

may wanna take a look at the fallen Divine WIP then. It’s a Good one!

1 Like

Then Maverick Hunter: Scandalous Mission is a good place to start!

Same :sob: I follow on Tumblr new IF where MC is an angel Michael… I hope it won’t turn out to be one of those

2 Likes

Sci-fi with modern settings

Suspension thriller & body horror for the sad hoes like me (Like the tv series “Hannibal” I literally cried.)

Action - Drama - Crime (Like the tv series “Banshee” which I’m completely obsessed with it lmao)

Or a type of game that involves historical themes and taboos and changes the endings of its stories and characters… (you can keep the original endings however you want.)

Or… a story type can be created even though the fictional TV series or movie characters have nothing to do with each other.

Or a type of story with legendary gods and goddesses with modern settings.(can be any myth, Norse Gods, Greek Gods etc…)

Or a lore-style game inspired by game content. (Bloodborne, Elden Ring, Sekiro etc…) :sneezing_face:

I do have ideas certainly but I don’t know how to code and currently I don’t have any usable necessities with me to code and write. :sob::sneezing_face:

2 Likes

What do you mean by that? Sci-fi that doesn’t take place in future?

1 Like

:thinking: I think of it more as evolution from today to the future. I should have probably meant sci-fi with modern settings.

Alt-history could fit too. There are speculative fiction novels that take “what would today be like if the Cuban Missile Crisis had gone differently” and other such suppositions as their entire starting premise.

2 Likes

Is that necessarily sci-fi though? Speculative fiction, undoubtedly, but science fiction?