What kind of stories do you want to see for Choice of Games & Hosted Games?

Yeah i mean deciding project in cog

1 Like

More stories where you can play as the God, that properly tackle the nature of divinity.

3 Likes

High school romance or high school life yeah pure highly school romance or pure high school life story pretty rare in choice of game and hosted game. Before someone corrected me and saying thereā€™s many of this genre,
i confirm again pure high school life romance or high school life so no super hero elements or supernatural element

Martial art game, wuxia genre not like path of martial art that xianxia because it have mystical elements wuxia is more refined to real world without any magical element like mystical creatures but still have cool fighting techniques prime example is crouching tiger hidden dragon movie

More complex war game settings like lord of infinity and infinity series. I donā€™t care itā€™s medieval settings or during pre modern settings with gun and rifle as long itā€™s complex then i think many people will buy

Giant robot war like mecha ace. Pretty rare genre and giant robot letā€™s admit it pretty rock :+1:t2:

Yeah I know probably all this genre will rarely seeing light but still i want to hope in my heart

3 Likes

A nice concept i say but a little hard to understand.
A story where you play as a creature in the future with futuristic armor, where your story in the game is contain every apocalyptec creature that dangering entire planets (i say you can travels to another universe as you following the story/id either to moderns era or a medievals era where magic is real). Weird i say, but yeah still one of my wish dream to be true as a child.

1 Like

just something that wonā€™t be postponed after some time because the author cant take the weight of their own workloads anymore and decided to have a vacation, or developed a certain mental health issue

Iā€™m sure the authors would also prefer not to develop mental health issues.

12 Likes

I mean, I donā€™t think thatā€™s particularly avoidable. Life is rather unpredictable. It might be better to readjust your expectations. Wips arenā€™t guaranteed of ever taking off or being completed.

The more ambitious a game is, the less likely it will be easily finished. Looking for wips that have been made be previous authors or that have realistic plans might help you pick which to read. Alternatively, simply waiting for published projects is always an option and reading the demoā€™s before making a purchase.

6 Likes

Since Iā€™ve been seeing quite a surge of isekai WIPs here, I think Iā€™d like to see works on the reverse isekai genre, where thereā€™s a primary focus on slice-of-life and basically adjusting to a modern magicless society as a magical MC. Kind of tempting me to make my own version rn, but Iā€™m already trying to survive with two projects. TAT

Ooh, also more apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic stories. While zombie apocalypses are super fun, thereā€™s a lot more interesting ways it could go too. I remember that damn story prompt I kept seeing online in the past that I just thought would be so interesting in IF form; ā€˜Itā€™s 3 AM. An official phone alert wakes you up. It says ā€œDO NOT LOOK AT THE MOONā€. You have hundreds of notifications. Hundreds of random numbers are sending "Itā€™s a beautiful night tonight. Look outside.ā€™ Honestly, anything like that where youā€™re working with the fantasy-horror genre in a post-apocalyptic setting without immediately reverting to zombies would be amazing.

9 Likes

I mean Iā€™m sure itā€™s the ambition of every author to not have the free time to write because theyā€™ve been overloaded with the work that keeps the lights on or gotten sick :roll_eyes: And how dare anyone take a vacation! (I kind of remember what those were once upon a time now that I no longer get any scheduled holidays lol. Seriously if you can get them, you should take them!)

7 Likes

Thatā€™s actually happened to me while I was writing my thesis. I. Do. Not. Wish. Anyone.

3 Likes

Sometimes I really want a mature romance between adults set in our world. No fantasy or scifi elements. Preferably with some sex scenes.

Have you played When Life Gives You Lemons?

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t seem too mature? :thinking: Althoughā€¦ maybe itā€™s just my subjective feeling.
And sex scenes fade to black.

Need more horror stuff, like real unsettling ones that makes you lose sleep. Iā€™d think it would be a breath of fresh air.

1 Like

Damn now I want that. And eventually you will need to scavenge after you run out of food, but no! the moon is perpetually on the sky (kind of like Majoraā€™s Mask)

I agree i hope more refined good zombie game like zombie exodus, itā€™s rare book sadly :pensive:

Maybe a story based on a cooking competition, like master chef or hells kitchen.

Technically, we already have one. Itā€™s called The Bread Must Rise, and it came out not too long ago. The author (Stewart Baker, yes pun intended) also has an IFComp entry called One Does Not Simply Fry which is in the same continuity.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to see more martial arts themed stories like a tale of two cranes or some of more recent wips that came out such as path of martial arts wouldnā€™t mind seeing more stories such as wightking or a drop of night something about playing as a dark op character has fascinated me ohhh stories modeled over anime too would love to see something like bleach esx with a weapon were bonded to that gives out power or something like DBZ where were born to the most fearsome tribe of warriors but are decimated after others gang up on them

1 Like

Also wouldnā€™t mind more management oriented games something bout owning and learning the ins and out of a business and building a empire is intriguing if gone about the right way

2 Likes