What kind of stories do you want to see for Choice of Games & Hosted Games?

There’s a game similar to that ig, The gray eyes of death. You should check it out, the author is the one who wrote doomsday series and it’s really good and… Depressing, it doesn’t use the fact that oh, there are some really gross mutants out there that’ll eat you but the fact that no matter where you run, no matter how far you go, you’re never too far from them. There’s no feeling of safety innit and on top of that u gotta make decisions that might not be on the right side of the moral spectrum.
All in all, it’s a great game ( for me at least).

seems im not the only one who had that thought. the variety in most of the WoD games we have is nice but I always felt it wouldve been a lot cooler if they went the “quality over quantity” route and had only a few select clans that they fleshed out.

some examples off the top of my head:

• same idea as your game but with giovanni. in particular I always thought that some of the rituals and paths of necromancy would lend really great to a detective/investigator type vampire. recall the last moments of a victim before their death, talk with their spirit to pry more info out of them, use specific rituals to keep track of people and predict their next move. lot of potential.
  • a game that focuses on the toreador and nosferatu. presence to handle people, animalism for beasts. auspex to get inside people and kindreds heads, obfuscate to hide from them. celerity for grace and finesse, potence for brute ugly strength. the venture vs brujah dichotomy wishes it has this sheer ‘polar opposite’ energy. it doesn’t matter what story you pick, you can go hog wild with the differences and reactivity of these two clans. you could go even pull a lords of infinity and have each clan take you through an entirely different game before they merge together at some point.
  • a black hand pack working for the sabbat higher ups in neon soaked 80s miami. this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, its just a very cool concept.
4 Likes

I just really want an romantic smutty game.
As for setting, it could be fairytale-like fantasy or based on the real world.
But a good quality game where romance was the focus??? I would eat that up.

6 Likes

I’ve got you, give me a few years lol

1 Like

More modern military games, or sci-fi space military type games. It just too much fantasy out there. I want something more grounded and gritty.

2 Likes

I only ask this because I’ve heard of people that literally don’t know it exists. Are you aware of the Heart’s Choice line of games? The entire point of the line is that romance is the focus, rather than an afterthought and they have specific rankings for the level of smuttiness.

For some reason (read us gays are horny as fuck) the smuttier ones tend to be the MM titles, but they may be what you are looking for.

4 Likes

The problem I’ve found with HC (others have as well,) is that the romance too often feels like an afterthought, not the focus. It seems as if the HC label would concentrate on smaller stories so that the romances could be the plot, but you’re almost always on some kind of “adventure” where you have to save the world/city/kingdom/cosmology/species etc. And so the romance gets crowded out, forgotten about, and then rushed through. It feels like things just happen at you (when the romance set pieces finally happen) in the “checklist” manner that keeps getting brought up in discussions of HC. If you do A, B, F, G, K, L and O you get reward R and a little chunk of S. A romance focused label should not produce mostly stories that make you feel that way. As I have brought up before, playing through these should not feel like a second job (particularly a methodical, dull and rather disappointing one.) There have been some better stories lately, and in development…but most of what is there still feels as if it’s got next to no romance in it at all.

10 Likes

There may be some truth in that. I mostly, actually almost entirely, read the MM Heart’s Choice games and they all fit the phrase “romantic smutty” pretty well and I’ve always been pretty happy with them on that front. In fact Freshman Magic is in my top 5 CoG games.

I do definitely understand the frustration about the “romance as a reward for completing tasks” though. That is something I’ve felt in the past myself.

1 Like

I’d love to see more games where the MC is older than 20 and has the role of the mentor instead of the usual student or sidekick.

8 Likes

You could try Heart of Battle or Their Majesties’ Pleasure, they may fit what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

ughhhh this has been my biggest gripe with HC since its inception. I was so excited when it was first announced bc i love …love lol. most of the games released under the HC title seem like they could just as easily be a regular CoG because they lack actual ……character interactions and…romance… and when it comes down to actually choosing which character you want to pursue, it’s hard because it’s basically like choosing a stranger LMAO bc there’s such a lack of one on one time and/or any character background given. like ok i guess ill choose…Tall, Dark & Handsome? because that’s all i know about them.

I agree that some of the newer ones are a little better but here’s to hoping we get more romance stories that focus on… romance! :woozy_face:

6 Likes

I’d love something inspired by Dragon Ball.

Or Some School Delinquent Fighting like Lookism, Windbreaker or that that old WIP who’s name I can’t write correctly (it was Rokusupo or something?) by the same guy who made ‘A Hag Called Fate’ would be great too.

Something based around a tournament would be awesome too, like Kengan Ashura, Tenkaichi or Record of Ragnarok.

4 Likes

1.Robot and piloting giant robot settings during war or academy settings

1. Teen or kid detective like 6th grade detective and kidnapped prom queen

More mecha. Never enough mecha.

Also more horror, but I recently found One Knight Stand and Such Happy Campers, so I’m doing good on that front for now.

3 Likes

There’s a concept I’ve been mulling for a while, wanting to write it but it’s so daunting for me. It would be like the Saw with people trapped in a room. You get to choose which person you’ll have as pov and dictate their actions for a while, then you would have to choose to another person pov and control them, and so on.
Part of the mystery is understanding the different people, with their motives and hidden agenda, and you can gain some insight when you have them as pov. It would also be interesting how your actions affect everyone else, and you would be able to see how different characters think and react with the decisions you did from the previous pov.

3 Likes

More celebrity themed ones? There aren’t many around. I would love one where you play as an actor or smth lmao. I saw two on Tumblr but they died at the no demo stage, sadly.

6 Likes

There were a lot of celebrity IFs on Tumblr but for some reason none except Infamous (grr) make it to the demo stage. What a mystery.

1 Like

I second this! I love games where you can play as an artist of sorts (especially if it’s as a musician) but most of the ones I’ve seen are on Tumblr and have no playable demo. Also, have you tried Backstage? You can play as an actor in this one (it’s only 1 chapter as of now but it seems promising)

But outside of this, I also would like to see more stories in cyberpunk settings or where you can go around investigating things (I love to play as a detective from time to time). As well as more wuxia and mecha.

5 Likes

If you haven’t already, you can check out Knights of Venus - 37k word Mech WIP - Updated 05/16/24

7 Likes

Got pinged randomly as I was working on it :c. It’s good I promise, update very soon.

2 Likes