What kind of stories do you want to see for Choice of Games & Hosted Games?

You know that there are copyright issues involving that? (I’m quoting Aletheia Knights here)

3 Likes

I have so many questions :thinking:

1 Like

There are a couple of current WiP threads taking a folklore view on folklore bird cults and vampires.

3 Likes

I’m not saying exact gundam i mean giant robot fight, genre of super giant robot fight not have copy right, right?

That why i said robot like, example is mecha ace but i clarify again so there no mistake that doesn’t mean it need to be mecha ace sequel just any robot fight in space with politics is good, to make it clear

1 Like

Yes, like those that @Schrodinger is writing, quite a number of them.

4 Likes

I know, and I do love them for it. :upside_down_face:

Crop dragons! Man-eating northern pikes! Deathbirds!

4 Likes

adding my two slices in, i would love to see more IFs about food. just in general, nothing specific. :croissant:

1 Like

Then go check out the recipe jam entries here! There is plenty of food for you to chew on. And if you enjoyed Bread Must Rise, the author also entered One Does not Simply Fry, set in the same continuity as the former, for IFComp’23.

1 Like

i have blessed your crops ty so much!!! will definitely be checking those out. :croissant:

1 Like

A choice of God game, somewhat based on the Bible. I would like to see that here in Choice of games.

1 Like

Hey, author here!
If you would be so kind and remove the Germanic from your post?

Germanic is a major dogwhistle for anything right wing, especially here in Germany and as german-jewish person it is really not a word I would like to hear about my game!

And I wouldnt even say I do any “take” on vampires, I am using various myths from eastern european countries, that have nothing to do with anything germanic but instead slavic and also other mythology like egyptian, however those havent even made an appereance yet!

And bird cultS? Are there actual bird cults??

4 Likes

Might depend on how you define “cult” (my social circle uses that word to describe certain folklore aspects, but it may not be objectively correct), but it’s not that far-fetched.

Ah, okay! I was so confused for a sec…

Would love to learn more about folklore ngl.

I would also like a god game. I know those are very hard for people to right now actually get published because there’s just so much ppl want from it. I personally would like a God game, aware restart off as like the lowest possible level of deity at least according to old DND the “god hero” and can slowly make your way up to like lesser god. But it would be really cool for the game to focus more on the relationship with our followers. And the relationship we would have with others within our pantheon. And may be having a say, in bringing in one or two other deities in to the pantheon. But I’d like to see some like original deities or inspired by deities from video games. Like it would be pretty wild to be a part of a pantheon with a deity like lamashtu lol.

2 Likes

That reminds me, I’ve been wanting to send you this for a while. OFNA: Birds of a Feather (WIP - Updated 8/09/22) It’s a hoot.

Oh crap. Not intended, that.

1 Like

I am well aware of that WIP, follow it since a few years! (my tumblr description is actually “writer of that other bird cult WIP”)

But it really is a totally different story lol

4 Likes

LOL! I hadn’t seen that on your Tumbler (I’m almost never at Tumbler.)

I’m gonna go far out of my usual response & say Id want a tragic story. Hopelessness. A witness & victim to evil.

One about running a restaurant might be good. Choose food style, pricing, music, supplies. Hiring and managing people would be a big part of it. And seasonal discounts. Also whether to give people a mint with the bill

3 Likes

Hmm, I rather go for a Diner vibes. They are smaller than restaurant and fit better in a small town where everyone know everyone for social dramas.

Or a bed&Breakfast! Kinda like in the Gilmore’s Girls!

3 Likes