"Werewolf: The Apocalypse — The Book of Hungry Names"—Unleash Rage and wield spirit to heal the land and rebuild your fallen pack

It’s not just you. Everything was greyed out for me too, despite having the text say I qualified for several of them.

The game thinks I accepted the second deal with the drone even though Mel and I called him a murderer and refused to work with him

1 Like

Send screenshots and/or a detailed description of the issue to support@choiceofgames.com.

I’m not far in yet, but while I really appreciate the attention given to the nonbinary identity, there have been a few things that felt uncomfortable.
Like the assumption that the nonbinary MC will be interested in wearing a skirt.

3 Likes

Hm strange. I can join all the tribes except black furies, but I have all the requirements. Anyone else seen this? Wanna check before I say it’s a bug

1 Like

I’m somewhat confused.
Just reached the point where I’m told I should train, and then that I should search for Gifts.
And then I’m presented with a list of options that doesn’t seem to have anything to do with either of those things?

1 Like

I think its either the DLC isnt released/ is getting a quick pre-release tune-up and we’ve essentially preordered it OR its some sort of bug. I contacted support and I guess we’ll see whats up when they respond. I imagine we arent the only ones with this issue so i don’t think it’ll be more than few days for it to be resolved.
Until then I can only ask for some sort of check point system because I wanna see the different paths like whether to blow up the factory with melodies or do the other path with nin, or stay behind and find eater of names or hop in whats-his-faces-truck but not necessarily restart the entire game to do so

Too bad it’s using 5e lore. Has no Get of Fenris, Fianna, Red Talons, Silent Striders, Stargazers, Uktena, or Wendigo tribes. Striders were always my favorite. Plus they screwed up the lore of the tribes that they kept. Not the author of this story’s fault. It’s Paradox’s fault. If it was using 20th edition lore it could have been kind of cool.

1 Like

Checkpoints would be amazing in general, for such a huge game

9 Likes

Nice, it’s out! Really looking forward to Pon Para 3!

2 Likes

Its waaay cheaper than buying so caller supernatural e-books that end up having 150 pages if you are lucky! Plus a series of 7 books to find out what happens! And don’t forget our ever present Australia-tax that tends to have nothing to do with the taxation system here! I happily paid my AU$ after what I have seen in the book lists and it has replayability, whereas very few books have rereadability.

1 Like

I’ll admit, I’m finding the “Join a tribe” section confusing and I’m not sure if I’m not doing it right or if there is a bug.

I go to the gorgon statue and it says:

Gorgon is associated with the Glory of justice extracted in pounds of flesh, and you think you’ve impressed her with your warrior spirit. Furthermore, the Black Furies focus on wielding Rage as a weapon to protect regular people from the depredations of the strong, and you have managed the peculiar balance of Rage and human sympathy.

which feels like I should be able to join the Black Furies, but the option to swear to the Gorgon is still greyed out.

I thought for a minute you had to learn all the gifts listed in Gorgon first (porcupine, hou yi and pan killer) but it looks like at least two of those require you to have sworn to gorgon first, rather than the other way around.

EDIT: Found the issue. Looks like the DLC unlock isn’t happening properly. Sure I have it (because of the early purchase and because I can’t find anywhere to purchase it), and manually changing it fixes the issue.

4 Likes

how were you able to fix it?

1 Like

Its a AAA CoG. Thats what over a million words mean

2 Likes

Guys I need help with something, I kinda rushed through the spider thing, and now I’m stuck in the screen asking for a code, and I have no idea what it is, can someone, pls help me with that?

I’ll be honest, I don’t feel comfortable explaining how because I’m pretty sure it circumvents having to purchase the DLC at all and it feels disrespectful to post how to do that on the forums.

you should be able to join the tribe by typing joingw.exe in the text box.

oh, no worries! i’ll just wait for the official fix before starting a playthrough. fingers crossed that it won’t be very long.

Oh, that DOES make more sense, yeah. :sweat_smile:

I dunno about gifts yet, but training comes from the human contacts of the Three Families, which should be near the bottom of the list.

Does this finished version no longer have the pass/fail display that was in the demo? I’m curious as to why it was removed.

It is discounted at 14.99. Which I claimed was an odd one.

I should check what the word count is per run, not overall, and 4 pictures?!

Yep.

I think it adds like 4 USD after the date? About 17 once sale ends, roughly. The most expensive one to date?