Out now! "Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road": Spoilers Inside Thread

In partnership with World of Darkness and Paradox Interactive, Choice of Games is proud to announce the release of Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road now available on Steam, iOS, and Android.

It’s 20% off until October 1st! Furthermore, as a special offer, if you purchase Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road by 11:59pm PDT on September 25th, we’ll unlock the options to play as Clan Tremere or Caitiff, “Usurpers and Outcasts,” for free. (Note: Steam purchasers who purchase during the release day period automatically have the DLC, no need to send us a receipt!)

The elders have entrusted you, an elite vampire courier, to deliver their secrets. Can you outrun the hunters, the other drivers, and the rising sun?

Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road is a 650,000-word interactive horror novel by Kyle Marquis, based on Vampire: The Masquerade and set in the World of Darkness shared story universe. Your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

It’s a new Dark Age for the dead. When the Second Inquisition’s vampire hunters hacked phone lines and computer networks to expose and destroy vampires all over the world, the elders turned to undead couriers like you. For ten years, you’ve raced across the desert between cities, delivering vital information and supplies. But when an old friend reappears with a plan to disrupt the blood trade across the American Southwest, everything you’ve built starts crashing down.

Outrun the Competition. Drive, hide, or fight back! Unleash the powers of your blood in ancient Disciplines to change form, vanish from sight, or dominate the minds of your enemies. Employ blood magic, inhuman strength, and the creatures of the night to escape destruction—or just run your enemies off the road and keep driving.

Deliver or Die. All secrets have an expiration date—and so do you. Race across the desert to deliver secrets, promises, and threats. Do whatever it takes to drop off your parcel. But when the job is done, will you stick around to exploit the situation?

Run Down Your Prey. Only blood can sate the Hunger. Charm, seduce, or seize what you need, but don’t let anyone know what you are. If you break the Masquerade, your fellow vampires will destroy you for your indiscretions, assuming the Second Inquisition doesn’t find you first.

• Play as male, female, or nonbinary; gay, straight, or bi.
  • Hunt the alleys and back roads of the American Southwest to stave off hunger and resist the frenzied call of the Beast.
  • Join the Camarilla—the immortal society of the vampire elite—or break its hold on the border states.
  • Confront the horrors of your immortal existence in illegal hospitals, disease-ridden prison camps, and forgotten research facilities littered with failed experiments.
  • Modify your car for speed, durability, or smuggling, but remember—wherever you're going, you have to get there by dawn.
  • Unlock the ability to play as Tremere or Caitiff with the Usurpers and Outcasts DLC.
Death is a hard road. You drive it every night.

We hope you enjoy playing Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

83 Likes

AWESOME… Lol it’s been a LONG wait…

7 Likes

Just bought…looking forward to playing! Demo was so amazing :heart:

2 Likes

I might be wrong but
after receiving training from Pattermuster, shouldn’t my stats have increased? Strength, combat, maybe even a new Discipline?
Sadly, they stayed the same. Did the training just give me exp that I can use in the future or something?

2 Likes

So excited for this one! The demo was beyond amazing. Will be dedicating most of my Friday to reading. :smile:

The training gave you access to his disciplines, but to acquire them you must expend xp to purchase them back at Tucson.

6 Likes

Alright so I’ve been a fan of Vampire since at least 2009 and I’ve lived in Arizona my whole life so on one hand I’m ecstatic but on the other, after playing through the game three times I have to say the way the migrant caravans and ICE detention centers are handled in this game is in extremely poor taste at best. Yes, yes, kindred are notoriously cruel and callous but as writers and consumers we have a responsibility to handle these topics delicately and with tact. I had hoped after the controversy with the Chechen purges being referenced in V5 that people might avoid such things but evidently not. The rest of the game is pretty good but I am sorely disappointed and am unlikely to purchase the other games coming out if it continues like this.

15 Likes

I’m composing a response. Please be patient.

Thank you for your feedback and we understand your concern. There is no doubt that there are horrors happening at Camp Scheffer. We try to approach difficult topics with the sensitivities they deserve. We feel that the difference between this and what you described is that humans in the world are the source of these horrors.

Camp Scheffler is based on real events, yes. It’s being run by humans in the game, and it does not deny what humans are doing to each other in the real world. The vampires of “Night Road” have inserted themselves into this situation and capitalized on it, but they did not instigate it. The story does not excuse or deny real human behavior.

Feedback like this is important to us. I hope this gives some insight into our thoughts on this topic. If you still feel we missed the mark, then we can re-evaluate and make sure we do better next time.

31 Likes

I think there is a bug, the 3 missions from the beginning of the game after completing them are repeated

1 Like

Email us a copy of your receipt and a screenshot of the problem and we’ll get it sorted.

Thanks for your response, my issue does not lie within the fact that these are indeed things which happen in the real world, that would frankly be absurd but rather I take a great deal of umbrage that atrocities are trivialized by being brought into a vampire role-playing game. It’s like bringing back Berlin by Night era holocaust plots. I recognize perhaps I may feel more strongly on this topic due to the fact I have seen the subject up close but I feel that it doesn’t change the fact that there are simply some subjects too serious to handle as lightly as this game does. I appreciate your time and consideration.

9 Likes

Is part of the game missing? After I got away from the fight between Julian’s people and the Camarilla at the Viper, I paid off my latest round of upkeep, hit “Next,” and got the play again/share with friends screen. There’s no ending or resolution, it just…stops.

1 Like

so quick question how to I get a Ghoul. I’ve been trying to recruit Elena but can’t for some reason after failing the first time. Also how many ghouls can you get?

1 Like

Please report bugs to support AT choiceofgames DOT com.

2 Likes

Hello, how do you recruit your ghoul?

Thank you!

Is the Nosferatu Elder the only one you can currently diablerize aside from the wight from the beginning of the game?

I’m not sure if there are other ghouls aside from Elena, but all you have to do is talk to her (cha/leadership or cha/persuasion) and then successfully help her deal with the mobsters.

3 Likes

Diablerie Opportunities: Yes, Reremouse is your only chance, though certain effects can lower your effective Generation.

Ghoul Opportunities: There are three possible ghouls: Elena (in the Tucson pawn shop), Vani (at Kiowa Xenogenetics), and Raúl (chapter 2 and then Camp Scheffler). Keep them alive and befriend them, and they’ll ask you to help them out in Tucson. Handle their missions well and they’ll sign on with you. You can only have one ghoul.

And that’s all the hints for now, I think. Good luck on the road.

14 Likes