"Werewolf: The Apocalypse — The Book of Hungry Names"—Unleash Rage and wield spirit to heal the land and rebuild your fallen pack

Eh, I find the price to be acceptable given what it is. But if it’s still too much for you, here are 2 of my CoG coupons for 15% off that haven’t expired. I never use them anyway.

First come, first serve:

2 Likes

Had the same issues tried everything I’ve emailed support hoping there’s a fix :pray:

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with the DLC but with Black Furies. I’m at the point where you can go back to the Caern and speak with the spirits to get upgrades or visit the temple to join a pack, but so far there’s only the option for the Silver Fangs and Shadow Lords. There seems to be no option for the DLC tribes or any of the others. Because of how much else seems to be missing, I’m not sure if it’s even a big, or if I’m just not at the point where it is possible to join them yet.

1 Like

I can help with this one ((kinda), the Black Furie totem isnt in the temple; its located in the deep woods with Unicorn.

Temple is Shadow Lords and Silver Fangs. That being said, i still cant join the Furies either despite it telling me to “Go join a tribe” and that i “meet all of Gorgons requirements” :melting_face: The option still remains greyed out. And even if inspecting the Stag ((for the wardens)) the option isnt even there as grey out.

BUT, this could totally only be an issue on my end, so ill blast through multiple runs and see.

That being said, glad the game is out. Price is way more than i was expecting ((Not complaining, i get why it is what it is. Was just suprised is all)). Definitely worth at least trying the demo, people who are on the fence.

Even if the demo is only just the first four chapters, the chapters arent small!

7 Likes

O_o

It’s commands for an old 486 computer, so named because the 486 was the 4th gen intel cpu. Late 80s through the 90s, mostly. It’s not saying there are 486 different commands, lol.

8 Likes

Congratulations on the game, from my experiences with the beta I think q bunch of people will enjoy though I’m going to wait until all the dlc’s are out

Edit: NVM got it fixed

Damn, you guys are paying ridiculous amounts of money on books. But then again, minimum wage levels are higher. Thank effing God for Steam, since those folks are nice enough to discount these types of games for people living in countries like mine where the minimum wage is 3 USD for a full day of work. And thank effing God for CoG for allowing us to migrate our Steam purchases over to mobile, since I really need to play the game today and don’t have my laptop.

Apocalypses? Saving the earth from greedy capitalists? This is all right up my alley! Steam, here I come!

9 Likes

What stats do you need to join Black Fury?

Yeah, will say tho books and COG are still some of the cheaper hobbies. Minis and standard video games…bleh. At least with books and this you can last a damn long time, more product per buck

1 Like

Average wage in Australia is lower than that in the US and the cost of living is significantly higher, yet due to the lower strength of the Au$ we get charged more due to the exchange rates (at full price this game is coming out to about $33 AUD on steam which is about right for the conversions, but it will probably be higher on the app stores, which may put it out of the range most people would purchase without knowing what COG is and taking into acct the wordcount. Sounds like it already has a lot of hype though, I don’t think it’s going to suffer on that account). Can’t do much about currency conversions sadly (steam doesn’t adjust for us) but it does make things in USD comparatively more expensive for us to purchase if we want them.

As for this game, as has been pointed out it is quite a bit longer than most and from a registered IP so if you compare it’s word count to other COG games overall it’s likely not as expensive as it originally seems as you can get more replayability for longer out of it. I’m glad you still have a way to purchase it.

6 Likes

Jesus. Its $33 AUD on steam? Its $28.99 NZD on steam, but the current discount on steam brings it down to $21.74 NZD

Sorry for not being clear, that’d be once it’s off sale ($30 base game + $3 for the DLC). At the moment it’s $22.12AUD so not dissimilar to NZ which is expected. (Steam must actually be doing some scaling which is interesting. In theory NZD should be a bit higher in price than AUD due to the slightly lower conversion to USD. Isn’t currency fun (not) lol.) I’ve actually switched from google play to steam most of the time because they do seem to be fairer in their conversions. I just checked google play and as expected it’s almost a dollar more than steam (while on sale) which means they’re using a poorer conversion rate. Moral of the story is if anyone’s having conversion hiking happening by the app stores, check steam first before you buy it I guess as I’ve found them to be fairer overall :slight_smile:

(This also goes for books btw. Amazon often seems to convert better than google play as well. Not sure what google’s problem is :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

I always go for Steam too since the prices on Play Store tend to be pretty high. Even then this game here on steam it’s like, $59.99 BRL the full game and $44.99 BRL with the discount :v

3 Likes

Which chapter can you romance someone? I’m at chapter seven and I havent romanced anybody yet

2 Likes

Meanwhile for me in Austria Steam (14,62€) is actually more expensive then Google Play (13,99€)

There are opportunities to flirt when you spend time with your packmates one-on-one.

1 Like

Does anybody know how do I get the Gift of Madam Mouse? I’m already a Shadow Lord but the book says “she’s not convinced you can strike a deal in the cunning fashion, only the old one”.

You have to have a low Litany score.

1 Like