Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

Technically the energy balls are elemental. But the elements in WW refer to the energy source the Talent draws from, not the type of maigc that comes out. Example: you can make a fire ball by drawing in wind energy, it just takes more of it for the conversion. It’s easier to make a building of stone using earth energy but you can make it using fire. It’s the fuel the High Mage is mergeing with.

3 Likes

Are any of the Elements easier to merge with than the others?

They are all difficult, though it’s generally understood that usual elemental absorption for casting follows that air/wind is the easiest, followed by earth and water equally, and fire is the hardest. Most energy manipulators (mages) have a preference, and some are more apt to absorb one type over another. For example, a particular mage might be able to absorb air energy, but it takes them longer or requires more effort or don’t gain as much than if they were to absorb from fire.

When I comes to High Mages, it is understood that you would try to merge with the element you have the easiest time with; for most this is air, but obviously not all.

3 Likes

Could a high rosin mc be able to do something like this but on a more minor scale?

Something like what? Become a high Mage or absorb an elemental energy source? Cause all Energy Manipulators already absorb one. They might not be aware that’s what they are doing, but the MC does it any time they cast anything.

1 Like

Well we certainly be a high mage yet lol. But oh I didn’t know that would we be able to learn more about the MC elmement in game.

1 Like

Actually it’s detailed more in the books, but I’ll make a note to slip it in somewhere, probably EM class. :wink:

4 Likes

I like the sound of that! :grinning:

1 Like

What are the Drannic? I thought Tazu are the strongest cause montage is the ultimate way.

Drannic are another race that claim no alegance to any of the 12 that anyone knows of. They are very rare and I only mention then in the books thusfar

4 Likes

Im guessing immortal as in…Lich?

No, no litches. It’s more you don’t have control over the cycle. So, one a month if someone touches you for any reason at all they will die.

Needless to say they are forbidden from having intimate relationships, ever

1 Like

No even with other high mages?:eyes::thinking:

that has advantages. only touch the enemy at that time or is the day randomized

2 Likes

The Tu’suri are not High Mages. Their lives are extended, but not in the same way.

And they are one of the few things that can kill a High Mage. Or Red Mage, respectively

1 Like

Ahh I see where I miss read! But thanks for clearing that up it’s interesting!:grin: Also is your book on Google?

1 Like

I think it’s currently only in Amazon due to it going through another Amazon First run. I sadly don’t know if/when it will go to other platfroms again. :confused:

By being immortal does it mean you cannot die at all or that you won’t die from old age but can still be killed in battle?

Yes. The immortality of High Mages, Red Mages, most Avatars/Aspects gain means never aging-- as in they convert enough energy to keep from doing so. However they can die-- it’s just really freaking hard to do it, as they can usually regenerate rather quickly. What occurs with the particular Turin Way Path and with Clan is more of a slow ageing. The Turnics tend to double their life spans-- so humans would now go to around 150-200yrs or so, where as a Tazu in that state could make 1000. Clan, on the other hand being to slow-age at about 25, ie they age normally until about then and then they slow considerably, gaining about a year of physical age for every 1000-- this was actually not discovered until about 5k into the history of the race, when Erin Manna of all people started to notice some gray hairs, and she realized she’d aged about 5 years since the Great Fall.

6 Likes

So basically if you turn into a High Mage right now you’d look 14 forever and never grow? Wouldn’t it look kinda weird? Are there even any High/Red mages under 20 though?
I was imagining a scene when you go out with Sem 20 years later and everyone will think he’s your father o.o