Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

I read somewhere that there are only like 1 or 2 Clan members for every 1000 humans in the Clan lands. How come the humans don’t rebel against them and overthrow their rulers? Is it that the humans there have no magic talents or that the Clan themselves are just extremely powerful? Sem doesn’t seem that powerful though

Yes, though some FAR more than others.

@Frogs-- Clan aren’t oppressive dictators, #1. Secondly, there is a human upper class, known as the Calopi, that are basically cousins to most of the powerful Clan families in each clan. So humans make-up a huge portion of the upper and middle classes, respectively. And of them, most are directly related via either blood or adoption to their Clan First families. Also, there is something known as the Life’s Pact, which Rhean set down that basically states Clan will care for, protect and serve the humans in their realm in exchange for their required blood-- and that no Clansperson shall Feed without permission. Breaking the Life’s Pact is a BIG FREAKING DEAL, and will result in a Clan-style execution, which involves getting released into some woods, hunted down by a bunch of Clan and then getting your blood drained out of you.

So, yeah you don’t want to mess with a Clansperson’s humans. XD

9 Likes

Oh I thought humans there were only used for feeding and to be servants/slaves. Also what race in the world is considered the strongest? Is it Clan or Tazu (or something else), and what nation is the largest and most powerful?

I think the Clan, Ki’Ra, and Tazu get into a spirited and sometimes vicious debate about which one is the best.

4 Likes

The Drannic are actually the most powerful. And Tar’citadel is the strongest

4 Likes

Actually, many would make an argument that humans are the most formatable overall, as while there is a smaller percentage of their population that is Talented, because there are just so many more of them per capa, they majority of Talents are thusly human. Humans also make up more than 80% of Excemplary Talents.

4 Likes

I love all of this lore!

The highest red stat I can get is 59.

1 Like

For those who romance Sem, will the MC’s shorter lifespan ever be discussed? I can already imagine my MC saying the following:

MC (to Sem): “Compared to you, the number of years I have to walk this world are nothing but a single drop of water in an ocean. One day, I’ll leave you for the Far Side of the Veil…”

MC’s gaze drifts for a moment before fixating on a distant point on the horizon. A soft smile adorns their lips

“…but I don’t need to worry, do I? I’m sure you will find someone else, someone beautiful and wise and kind. Someone who will love you as I do. And until the day we reunite, I hope this person brings you as much joy as you brought me.”

(Or something equally dramatic)

On another note, are there any ways to drastically increase one’s lifespan/become immortal other than becoming a High Mage or Red Mage? Perhaps through a different Way? (I vaguely remember some followers of Turin are immortal and undergo a constant cycle of growing old and becoming young again?)

7 Likes

High Mage, Red Mage are the only ‘true’ immortals, though there are other methods that will become apparent in the books and are quite spolier-riffic. (For those of u reading books, keep yr eyes in the Shadow Court and the Drannic, and that’s all I’m ever gonna say. :wink: )

That being said, Avatars and Aspects can also reach that high level quazi immortal state that High Mages and Red Mages do. Also you do not want the Turinic path that embraces death. It’s extreme and you don’t get to be immortal like the way high mages are XD

6 Likes

How do the high mages become effectively immortal?

How do the high mages become effectively immortal?

Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

Mc:Calculates how red can be and still live woo! Does all the red things save one on the list then does the last one
guide: btw did you account for the fact that calculating how red you can be and live is a red act in itself?
Mc: …damn dies
Guide: would you like to try again?
Mc…yea sorry
Guide: it’s ok, I had 20 bucks you’d fail
Mc: thanks that mea-what!?!

2 Likes

It involves fuzing with an elemental source.

2 Likes

What kind of elemental source?

Earth fire wind or water energy.

1 Like

Interesting. I wonder how that works?

I can’t get into specifics cause it’s spoiler, but fun fact is most Talents who attempt it fail-- and usually die as a result.

2 Likes

That’s a major yikes for me!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why there’s so few of them and why so few attempt it.

Will it be possible to learn elemental magic and summoning? So far you only have things like energy balls or telekinesis.