Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

What if the bluff is that we want to do interviews and research for Cael’s Very Important History Assignment™?
I’m certain his criteria is notorious especially among the younger generations working at the embassy, so people might not question your presence too much.

And if you’re really blessed by Beleskie or Bree (or Montage) you could even make it so that someone willingly helps you out in your search “I remember Cael’s class, you’ll need all the help you can get.” [shudder] or have it so that most people just mentally check out at the mention of Cael’s class “Ugh, Cael? Good luck, kid.” [leaves you the hell alone so they can repress their own memories of the class] [fails] [quiet weeping]

Pros:

• All the players fail Continental History, so it’ll be constant among all players regardless of choices
  • Potentially hilarious reactions when you merely mention Cael’s name
  • A high enough Bree/Beleskie/Montage could actually get you help from the people inside

Cons:

• I actually can’t tell if Cael was forced to completely remove the assignment from his class, I just know he got in trouble for failing the MC
    • Even if they died, like damn Cael! Are you sure you’re not an ice mage? Cuz that was cold-blooded!

• That can be waved away by saying that this version of the assignment is worth only half of what they used to
      • Which can itself be a way to fail the bluff, I suppose. If someone’s not charmed or traumatized, they may just brush you off, “If it’s only worth half then it can’t be that important.”
  • Um…I’m not entirely sure what the MC would be “researching” or “interviewing”, so that may just force you back into square one, tbh
2 Likes

Examining career options, like checking out how diplomats work.

Since WW2 mentioned Casfeildan was used in historical documents, maybe the PC could also claim to be wanting to examine the Embassy as inspiration for a history paper? Similar to the language bluff, but that would have a lower stat check (to give Cas players an advantage, since everyone is in History).

Or take advantage of being fifteen. Claim you got separated from your parents and want to wait inside the Embassy for them.

Super-sheer audacity (and hilarity): claim you have an interview with someone inside. You’d probably need insanely high Montage and Beleskie, but it’s something.

3 Likes

@impeccably-stressed-- yeah i think the biggest sticking point on that would be the fact that he’s no longer doing the assignment. Plus, just because someone is working at the embassy doesn’t mean they went to the tar’citadel university or that they are Exemplary-- who are the only ones Cael tortured-- though i do like the idea of Cael being just that notorious XD

2 Likes

Ahhh, but does that mean everyone knows Cael doesn’t do the assignment anymore? It’s not like these people would follow such scandals as, “Lunchroom Runs Out of PB&J Sandwiches For Third Meal In A Row, Are Rising Peanut Prices To Blame?” or “History Teacher Fails Dead Student, Student Lives” …well, ok, maybe that last one is actually well known, but I doubt they would know or care for the specifics of Cael’s curriculum.

After all, the point is to bluff the importance of your task so that you can enter as you might still get rejected if you fail.

3 Likes

maybe. i’ll mull it over some more.

atm i still need a distraction to get in that can be feasibly done by any MC-- no special factors like knowing casfeildian.

2 Likes

um…uhhhhhhm…hide behind an entering Avenea???

is there a carpet you could reasonably Cleopatra yourself in?? no wait you said distraction…

Hmmm…how far away are the markets, and how much of a commotion would ‘90% off sale!’ signs plastered on at least thirty different storefronts create?

1 Like

Too far and not enough lol

Ok… :thinking:

How many wild street animals are there around the Embassy, and how many pieces of meat can you and Sem get your hands on?

Stinkbombs? No…that would probably get you arrested…plus I’m sure there’s some sort of magic that can filter smells…

Ooh, maybe the MC riffs off those crystal recordings of animals, and have something cute “stuck” somewhere high up and they won’t stop crying and won’t you tarka’besh please do something?

Oof, man this is hard… :confused:

1 Like

Tell me about it… and this is just for one of THREE possibilities, for one section of a multiple purpose plan of which there are two.

I’m insane.

Maybe I’m giving too many choices here… perhaps I can narrow it down to talk in vs sneak in and the how of it is simply set in stone…

1 Like

What about work experience? We could pose as a teen sent by the school to gain experience working in embassy like places

1 Like

What about they are doing a study in their past lives? You could say you have been learning about it with this teacher that starts with a X (I am so very bad with names) and it turns out you could find plenty of useful information in the history books.

2 Likes

A high Beleksie could persuade the guards that they are there to research ambassador related career options. A high Ulic could argue the same but for lawyer related ones.

They would differ in which a Beleskie’s speech would be charming a highly convincing, giving off a “of course this person is supposed to be here” vibe whereas an Ulic’s one would be lengthy and full of enough moral prattle to bore any listener.

1 Like

Ah, the old “put the guards to sleep” trick.

4 Likes

Applying for a visa or work permit or study permit … interning (some governments have short educational internships available) … crashing Mom’s/Dad’s party …

2 Likes

I’ve been mulling this over for a bit but a possibility for the distraction is if you have a high Kubesh or Beleskie/Bree you can get at least one or two extra friends to start a fight in front of or near the embassy and have one of them or you come up to the guards freaking out about these people fighting and they’re seriously harming each other/it’s getting real bad and please come quick we need your help to stop them fighting type situation.

I swear it was more eloquent in my head, I’ve been in class all day :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Don’t worry about it; I actually have the start a fight already under one of the recruit-person options. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What embassy are we trying to sneak into again?

Casfeild, but i think i’ve got a good selection at this point:

Ultimately, you decide,
*choice
#A nice ‘slip’ on the ice outside and a ‘twisted’ ankle will probably get me into their infirmary.
#Talking my way in by claiming to be running an errand as Semryu’s replacement for the Headmaster-- he’s got to have one, what with Sem being on probation and all.
*if (recruit favor = “true”) and (recruit = “Sharrah and Owen”)
#To go get Sharrah and Owen to watch for guards and help me slip in.
*if sadie_help = “true”
#Wait, isn’t that Sadie over there? I bet my favorite street kid will help me out…
*if language_class = “Casfeildian”
#Talk my way in on the basis of practicing my Casfeildian.
*if recruit favor = “true” and ((recruit = “Kess”) or (recruit = “Umbrave”))
#Go to {date} and get {dhim} to get me in somehow.

6 Likes

Will there be any benefit to learning Clan? Would you be able to speak to Sem with it or even talk with his family (will you meet his family at any point though?) Also will there be any use to the other language that Illayn speak (forgot the name of it)

2 Likes