Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

Oh, now I’m hoping he was our mother… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Suddenly I’m conerned I might be in a Greek tragedy.

8 Likes

If it makes anyone feel better romance souls don’t tend to be family members. Not always but usually. lol XD

7 Likes

Do orphanages exist in the WW world?

1 Like

yes. In tar’citadel it’s a bit more regulated (if yr gonna be homeless or sick or orphaned do it in tar’citadel, seriously) but all the different countries have different group-home type places for children. Some, such as the Clan Lands make a big deal of it and do so often and with great formality and fanfare, as Clan families will often adopt human children for purposes of maintaining younger generations in their households and allowing for political marriages.

12 Likes

I love the amount of thought that goes into every little detail when we ask questions, so much new information to read through. Especially about my boy Sem :heart_eyes: He’s obviously my favorite non MC character. And I wouldn’t expect any less from Sem about his nocturnal schedule, I get extremely grumpy when my sleep is disturbed and turn vengeful so I can imagine how a Clansman would react.

9 Likes

Not sure how I feel about our past life relationship with Sem being retroactively determined by our choices in this life. Causality and all that. Hypothetically, how would Sem and the MC who are really just friends react to being married in the past life? There could be awkwardness, but there’s also potential for hilarity and mutual teasing too, snarky prankster as he is.
Just a thought.

5 Likes

Only an MC who’s romancing Sem has a past life where they were married. An MC who’s only friends with Sem has a past life where they were blood brothers, the kind that pledge utmost loyalty to each other, not the kind that were related to each other.

So if you don’t romance Sem, you don’t have to worry about awkward past life marriages. :wink:

4 Likes

Ultimately I didn’t want to make anyone feel too akward-- i already had dozens plus emails of ppl messageing me about “my gender is Juns past life is wrong I’m a girl” to which I had to explain, no it’s not yr charicter was a girl then" that I opted to not mess with the MCs RO choices. And I don’t think of it as being what you chose “now” affecting what things were then, but rather the MC discovers what happened then influenced the MC and Semryu in the present.

8 Likes

@WayWalkerLeigh

Will evil Jun try to kill us again?

More questions haha
How tall is Sem?
So was Sem’s past life blood brother with/married to the mc’s past life where they were Jun’s sis?

3 Likes

it’s kinda weird Sem will be a past lover if you are lovers now but a friend if you are friends. After all the past is done and it can’t be changed, there’s even a place in the game where they say that.

2 Likes

“So was Sem’s past life blood brother with/married to the mc’s past life where they were Jun’s sis?”

Not Leigh, but I don’t think so. They were born in Aralim then, and I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread that they were a Ki’ra in the life with Sem.

1 Like

@lokidemon007-- yes, duh lol. thats 90% of the plot lol

@Frogs – the past is done and cant be changed, but the underlying feelings that the MC had from the past can, indeed, still seep through-- this is present when the MC first meets Semryu and one of the random sensations they can feel is familiarity. This is also very obvious when you consider the past-life relationship between the MC and Jun-- as that relationship was very complicated by being either very positive in some respects – being siblings – and very negative in others-- the MC killed Jun’s past self. So it isn’t too unusual for similar or different patterns to play out.

@Morphine – i dont know specifically Semryu’s height in WWU as he’s still growing-ish, but he’ll tap out at around five feet and nine inches, which is a bit tall-ish for Clan, as his Clan tend to run a touch taller as they have more human blood in the family than others. (average height on Clan men is closer to 5’7, while human men in the Clan Lands tends towards 5’8) So, figure he’s a little shorter than that but growing steadily so close.

And no, as @Apocrypha said those are two separate past lives, the one with Sem actually being i think about a thousand years into the past of the WWU timeline, while the one with Jun was only a few hundred. I’ve got the exact dates in a note book somewhere but i’m not sure exactly XD

6 Likes

see, 5’9" isn’t short, but i am so very tol (i’m 5’8" myself) that it just doesn’t seem tall enough for me.

but it’s good to know that I’d be one of the tallest people in all the clan lands…ish

me: oh hey, you need me to reach the top shelf?
some rando: nah, i can just get up on my toes–
me: DAMNIT JANET, LET ME HAVE THIS

now im curious about the other characters. I always Umbrave as being so very very tol, Kess a bit on the shorter side, and lil Owen as Tom Thumb (and as a consequence, since I imagine Owen and young Sem as being very similar, I imagined pipsqueak Sem as being the shortest student for about three years before the mother of all growth spurts hit him full force, somethingi imagine would smack Owen up a couple inches lol)

5 Likes

@WayWalkerLeigh
So can it be that the MC and Semryu were blood brothers but later married each other, and if you are friends you’d remember being blood brothers and if you’re lovers you’d remember you were married? Or perhaps you met in more than two lives and in one you were friends while in the other you were married?

1 Like

In that particular past life, they are married or blood-siblings; it doesn’t change after you’re done seeing the vision. But yes, as Semryu and the MC are part of a soul-cirle, they would have been in various pairings.

@rose-court – yeah Semryu is kinda average overall but not snort in the lands lol. Umbrave is actually the same height through most of WWU but he will eventually surpass Semryu to 5’11. Kess is about 5’3 for most of WWU but will get taller, about 5’5-- she is petetite. Owen is tiny i don’t think he’s over five foot yet. he will shoot up but not until he’s older.

6 Likes

What does “soul circle” mean?

1 Like

D’awww, my little Tom Thumb son! I will protecc you from Clay! :kissing_smiling_eyes: :hugs:

My only request for the third game is that we get the option of pinching his wittle cheeks every time we see him!

2 Likes

@lokidemon007-- i literally just old you a couple of days ago. XD scroll up. oy

@impeccably-stressed-- lol, um, no. he’d probably lose his mind XD