Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

I’m so sorry to hear that.

Take all the time you need.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Losing a pet is hard. :frowning: Please don’t worry about us and take your time.

1 Like

it’s crazy stuff like this:

doggo, refusing to eat her ground up hamburger i made her, me, panicking because her appetite is my guide for if she’s in too much pain and needs to be put down, in a soft voice says, “are you okay, doggo? do you need more pain meds? have you decided it’s time? do i need to call the vet?” as i lean down to scratch her ears, she lifts her head, staring sadly into my eyes with her own brown, as she very delicately if not stealth fully snatches my grilled kielbasa off my plate, devouring it in two happy bites.

me: …

doggo: wags tail, then proceeds to eat hamburger.

hilarious, but stressful.

15 Likes

jfc my dogs do that a lot too, but it’s just because I’m a pushover who will feed them by hand because they are my children, but stillllllll.

These situations are incredibly stressful and can throw you out of your writer’s headspace, so don’t feel bad if you need to focus on something else that isn’t the game, okay?

5 Likes

Sounds like your doggo has learned a lot of tricks :slight_smile:

She might have been talking to mine, :slight_smile:

Hopefully there will be more memories like this to share in the near future :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@rose-court - seriously i’d love to focus on anything else but its hard, ya know? between this and the nightmare that is house hunting…ugh.

@Eiwynn – whats wild is in all her 12 years she has never been interested in people food until these last few weeks. it’s amusing and distressing as she fades.

3 Likes

I view it as their attempt to get closer to their loved ones.

My sister’s pug is not well. He has just (as in the last 24 hours) gone completely blind and his behavior at times this last few weeks are being seen in a different light now that we have this knowledge.

I hope you are able to turn your distress into positives; perhaps your gal can make a cameo appearance in your stories, that would be a cool way to focus your distress :slight_smile:

5 Likes

yeah, i think someone is going to save a doggo somewhere in a tale here or there.

5 Likes

No joke, this just made me burst into tears. I recently lost my kitty and she was the same. I spent years thinking “oh god it’s coming” only for her tough lil butt to keep chugging along. Take all the time you need, and I hope you get to make many more funny memories together. :heart:

4 Likes

Doggo collapsed and wouldn’t get up. We sat with her for a bit, petting and talking and with tears in my eyes I suggested that we get dressed and take her to the vet.

Doggo then proceeded to sit bolt upright, struggle to her feet and insist on getting up the steps to bed.

This dog is going to destroy my blood pressure. -_-

11 Likes

I wanted to share a story about my doggo, typed it all out, then was like “this is a sad story, I don’t want to inflict this on others, I should delete it.” Then I was like “I typed it all out sooo…” here ya go:

Summary

Man, that would kill me. My puppers was having trouble breathing on Friday (years ago, not any time recent) at 13. He was a pit so that’s about right for lifespan. I’m freaking out. Mom is freaking out. I get there, the little bastard hops up and runs to me and licks me all over, happy that I’m home. He’s fine all weekend. Monday morning, I wake up to rasping. I look down and he has a blue tongue, eyes popping out of his head. I don’t even change, I pick him up and run him to the vet to have him euthanized. It KILLED me to do that but he couldn’t breathe and I could not let him struggle to breathe for me.

3 Likes

7 Likes

It sounds like your dog has had a long and happy life with a loving owner.

1 Like

You sure this dog is not the reincarnation of Sem? Jokes aside, I hope everything will be ok.

1 Like

RIP my Doggo
Dec 25 2005-Aug 16 2018
I cannot believe your last earthly act was to stick your tongue in my mouth.
Love you forever <3

28 Likes

I am so sad for you!!! But doggo has moved onto Doggo Heaven and is no longer in pain! Take time to grieve, we’ll be here for you when you return.

5 Likes

Erm, I hate to be that person, but it’s kinda against form rules to ask authors for updates as it adds unnecessary pressure… Also, she just lost her beautiful doggo, so she’ll need some time to mourn.

Did that sound mean? … Sorry, typing isn’t really my forte…

7 Likes

Oh. I’m sorry, I didn’t know about that. I just go here and immediately post this… Sorry. I didn’t mean to add pressure to the author or anything since I really love her work. I will be more careful next time when posting. Thanks and sorry once again

5 Likes

@Hani_Fina-- you can tell me why u like it…that helps <3

3 Likes

There are so many things that i love about your work so many that if i write it here it will be 12 pages long :sweat_smile:. Really.
And I’m so sorry about telling you to update😞 i didn’t mean to add pressure, i just so excited that the post is active and all of that… So forgive me for that, Ms. Author.

I will list down all the things that i love about your CYOA now and i want to tell you that I really really love you and your work! You are like my idol, my inspiration. Your work gives me a reason to be excited for another day and for a long way to go… I’m being honest when I tell you that i will trade my soul just to reread WWUs. Its so amazing and the plot and all of that is really really a master piece.

2 Likes