"Vampire: The Masquerade — Parliament of Knives"—Spy for your sire to save an undead Prince!

Hey, the boils add character!

2 Likes

It was a cool read, the epilogue I got was good, the only bad thing is that Jordan wasn’t even mentioned in it even though I romanced her.

1 Like

Wait, so…what actually happened to the prince? His journal said something about him stepping away to see if he could trust his court, but then the confrontation with Ward happened and this was seemingly forgotten. During the epilogue it mentioned that most people still want him to return, so where is he?

2 Likes

Quick question is it possible to save Laflame and alsohow do you unlock the two other ghouls?

1 Like

Lucca, definitely. There’s even some groundwork for that when you’re able to protect her from the grenade blast early, and the way you can get closer with her as the story progresses (sharing faith, etc). One doesn’t need to be bothered by the “sibling” dynamic since a) they’re not relatives in the human sense and b) you’re not really corliss’s child

Edit: also, I loved the depth of the characters in this work- I’m looking forward to going back in and fleshing out the half i barely got to talk to

6 Likes

There should be three ways. The one you mention with Ward, you can also romance Jordan, which MisterJB said, or if you have a high stat with Jordan they should visit you in your haven even if you’re not in a romance and you didn’t join the Anarchs. You can reject the event or accept it in all three versions as you choose.

The main way you won’t get an opportunity is if you don’t have a good stat with Jordan.

Michel Bouchard was mostly me brainstorming about sufficiently French-Canadian sounding names. Prince Annabelle has been World of Darkness canon Prince of Quebec City for… something like 25 years in real time. I literally took her from the VTM Wiki, lol

Yes, you can commit diablerie in a very specific circumstance.
No, but you can become Seneschal or Scourge.
Not yet.

Thank you! The character’s name was originally Alex, but I changed it because I wanted to name the crazy conspiracy messenger guy that Bouchard or Vivian sends Alex (it’s a poke at Alex Jones. ) I’ll fix it in the next patch!

That was the original plan! The problem ended up being that I wrote so much into the romances that I ran out of time and had to focus on the main story. I wanted it to be three from the beginning with an even mix, like Werewolves: Haven Rising. If/when I add a new romance, the first will definitely be female, because that’s only fair.

@ClaimedMinotaur
It totally depends on your path. There are at least 5 paths that can lead you to the missing Prince if you take them:

1. A romance with Jordan will send you to find Arundel alongside Lucca.

2. Either a high friendship with Qui or romancing Qui will give you the option.
  3. Forming a secret alliance with Bouchard in chapter 2 and keeping his trust gives you the option to find the Prince.
  4. Forming a secret alliance with Vivian in chapter 2 and keeping her trust gives you the option to find the Prince.
  5. Ally with the Anarchs the entire way through, and then allow Ward to take you to Arundel’s villa (follow Ward’s advice and not Sevinc’s)

Once you get to the Prince’s villa, you’ll need to figure out a secret password to unlock his lair. There are several hints to this, but it amounts to: SPOILERS checking the Arundel bio page in your stats screen for the password.

@user22hundred
I’ve been seriously considering it, as it would be the easiest to implement by far. I just worry that the game calling her your sister earlier on will squick people out even if there’s no proper mortal connection.

I don’t think you can save him, sorry.

The two extra ghouls currently in the game are a bit bare-bones, I’ll admit. More of a bonus which is why they’re harder to find. I’m hoping to add more to an update down the road if I can.

• You can only get the first one as a Nosferatu, by visiting the homeless encampment at least 3 times and choosing the right options with the man you’re feeding from.
  • The second you can get from Alisha’s blood doll brothel if you are a Toreador and visit it more than once.
13 Likes

Yet. *does a little dancy dance.

Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Honestly, I thought for sure Lucca was a romance option when I played the demo before the full release. The potential drama with everything that happens with Corliss seems too good to pass up! The sister thing isn’t an issue for me, but I can see why some people might get a little confused if she becomes a romance option. Nothing a small change in the wording can’t help though.

9 Likes

I would actually like to see this, as well. Since she’s not our real sister.

4 Likes

i was definitely simping for vivian the entire time i was playing haha…

3 Likes

Ha-ha! I thought it might have been related to romance preferences, on account of Drew first being mentioned as you not being able to tell their gender but then being consistently being referred as a “he” (even though I picked interested in women at the start), so I thought some wires might have gotten crossed, but yeah, that’s a much more simple explanation. Occam’s Razor, you have cut me again!

1 Like

I wish there was an option to tell Lucca you’re catholic as well.

In that case, I would like to argue for Alisha Grey. While Lucca is a fine and fun character, I feel that Alisha simply has more bite (we are witty, aren’t we). There’d have to be an entirely different motivation for a Primogen to take a relative neonate as lover and there would be an entirely distinct power dynamic in play.

4 Likes

Agreed. If I were Protestant, the choices worked well but I was feeling sorry for Lucca’s fellow Catholics.

2 Likes

Any advice on how to

find the Prince with nothing but Qui’s friendship? Gerard delivered me the Prince’s journal but I am unable to pursue any leads before Chapter 10.

Also, I think I figured out everything going on in the game except for a couple of things

1-Who attacked Vivian? My best guess is that she did it to herself in order to set up a trap for the amateur hunters in town. Am I right?

2-Why did the Lasombra attack Qui and possibly the Main Character as well? Arundel was the one who favoured the integration of the Lasombra into the Camarilla. Qui is loyal to Arundel, it doesn’t seem to me that they’d have a reason to want to off him.

3-Why didn’t the Tremere destroy Arundel after staking him? Were they planning to hold him over Corliss’ head? “Fulfill your end of the bargain or we free him.”

2 Likes

I vote for Alisha or Eden as extra love interests! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I loved the game!

The story was engaging and satisfying.

If there was a prequel DLC where I’d go through my character’s beginnings I’d be happy for you to take my money!

1 Like

So can we become the leader of the city and how, all my playthrought i end up becoming seneschal :pensive:

Haven’t played this yet, but is there any way to help hunters in this one like night road?

1 Like

I’m hoping to see more of Abigail; once you agree to take her on she disappears until the end where she’s only mentioned briefly. And I’d definitely want to be able to romance Eden as well LOL. If not her it feels like the groundwork for Lucca has already been set (and to some extent Abigail as well).

On a side note, anyone know if there are any other VtM works planned for the future?

3 Likes

Yep she is if you have auspex discipline you’ll notice that she became extremely nervous if she got called out

I think you’re forgetting the fact that not all lasombra seems to favor camarilla, some of them are either anarch or independent

Tremere are the most organized clan while ventrue comes second, even if arundel fulfill his end of the bargain what’s stopping them from blood bounding him ?, there’s a reason they are called the usurpers

2 Likes