"Vampire: The Masquerade — Parliament of Knives"—Spy for your sire to save an undead Prince!

I think it’s great that you’ve put so much thought into roleplaying this! I actually agree completely from a Ventrue point of view. In my own test playthroughs I supported Vivian as Prince and made sure she took praxis.

For what it’s worth, I originally started writing the Ottawa Ventrue as a more unified clan, but I was explicitly told by World of Darkness that the clans are not unified in that way and do not “conduct clan business” apart from Banu Haqim and Tremere. So I altered things starting as far back as chapter 2 after getting feedback. I think in the end it worked out and gave the game some good nuance and deeper characters, though. Maybe Ottawa needs some unity and proper respect for the Camarilla. Team Vivian!

5 Likes

Ah, I see. Well, hopefully, the situation will improve under Vivian. For the Ventrue, she does seem to be the best candidate.

Hm, thinking upon it, my Ventrue courier, Luka, from Night Road, could have interesting discussions with my Ventrue, Maxwell, in Parliament of Knives. One as a courier, the other as the childe of the Seneschal of Ottawa.

Like any Ventrue, Luka strives to work his way up the ranks of the Camarilla. On one hand, he wishes that he had all the privileges that Maxwell enjoys. In terms of Backgrounds, Maxwell, given his impressive lineage, has it all, Allies, Contacts, Influence, Mentor, Resources, Status.

Luka, on the other hand, as a drifter and courier, rather needed to climb the ranks from much more humble beginnings.

On the other hand, given how many times Maxwell felt like he was a hair’s breadth from Final Death in navigating the labyrinth of Cainite intrigue, Luka feels that it might be best not to reach that near to the apex of the Camarilla’s hierarchy. Looking upon Maxwell’s situation also makes Luka appreciate what he does have, namely his freedom and flexibility as a courier, the ability to travel frequently and see different sights, and perhaps being thankful that he is not quite walking a path paved with knives to the same extent as Maxwell does, the price that must be paid for those in the highest echelon of the Camarilla.

Maxwell, in his turn, cannot help but wish, at least to some degree, that he had been a courier like Luka. He would not enjoy all his luxuries, privileges, and comforts, at least not immediately, but Luka’s lifestyle is not without its joys.

Truth be told, all so often, it is Luka and his trusty and loyal wolf, Augustus, out on the open road for one errand or another on the Camarilla’s behalf. It is not unlike being a Fallout protagonist with their faithful, canine companion.

As to the matter of Princes, hm, if Luka and Maxwell were to exchange notes, Luka would actually confide in Maxwell that he prefers Lettow to Arundel when it comes to Princes. Truth be told, Maxwell himself could not help but agree. The irony is not lost upon either of them that they, scions of Clan Ventrue, actually prefer a Gangrel Prince to one of their own.

5 Likes

Some times when I launch the game (android) the stats page appears on screen and after that the demo main page. So I close the app and start it again but this time the game shows me the first chapter (erasing my save file).

@CreedH00d
That’s a bug report you’ll have to send in to the actual Choice of Games folks. They should be able to help you through email at: support-parliamentofknives-gps@choiceofgames.com

Make sure to mention what brand and model of phone you’re using. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling again? As silly as that sounds, sometimes it helps. Have you had trouble with other Choice of Games titles in the past?

1 Like

Thanks. It’s the first time I have this kind of problem.

I peacefully let the Anarch take me to Ward. Reluctantly agreed to let Jordan unlock memories. Let Lucca go up ahead with the Noseferatu. Stayed in the rear of the fight and teamed up with the BanuHaqim. The mercenary with the L name died and I gave his daughter her photo back. We met Lang and I took his side in the decision. Then we all went back to see Elysium burning.

1 Like

@lazlisz @alpinewhite Covering all the Qui romance questions in one post
To romance Qui you need to:

As far as im aware, breaking out the gangrel doesn’t affect the romance as long as Qui doesn’t find out its you

Ch 3 - Need Qui to trust you in the scene where he shows up at your house to question you (I believe you get an achievement for this)
Ch 4 - Do not make any other plans for after the post Vivian meeting (you cannot agree to spend time with Jordan after the meeting. Am unsure, but the alliance with Bouchard may also interfere with this as he requests that you do something). If you have done this correctly, Qui should ask you to accompany them to do something during the art gallery.
Ch 5 - The thing Qui asks you to do happens, towards the end there should be an option to flirt, choose it and they’ll say that they’ll consider it
I believe this is everything, and from here on, do the normal cog romance stuff of hanging out with them, helping them out, etc and the romance happens.

4 Likes

Thank you! I just submitted a fix that will solve this problem. I really appreciate you letting me know!

I’m pretty sure you can’t romance him if you participate in the breakout. I’d need to check to be sure, but I’m pretty sure.

Speaking as a fellow fan of the Ventrue, I’d say that

Altough he is not perfect, Arundel does a good job representing the highest ideals of the clan, the noblesse oblige, the guardians of every permutation of Caine’s blood (provided their Kindred recognize their status as First Among Equals, naturally); his willingness to open Ottawa to the Rabble and the Assassins being the foremost evidence of this.
The Brujah and the Assamites have been traditional rivals of the Ventrue for millennia. The fact he has seemingly earned the loyalty of two of their number speaks well of his qualities as Prince.

On a similar note, while my first gut-reaction was to recoil from Jordan’s cult as a Masquerade Breach, I then remembered one of the most august members of the Clan, Mithras. If a cult works for him, surely it will work for us.

That seems odd to me because the Ventrue are supposed to have a very strict hierarchy and organization both clan wide and within each city. City-wise, they are supposed to even have their own secretive, Ventrue-only board meetings, the Gerousia.

3 Likes

I’ve absolutely loved every moment of the game, political nature of VTM was handled very well and I liked not having to plan all of my choices based on my stats. I have a question though:

Is siding with Ward and his Anarchs the only way to recover our memories since he is the only one who talks to us about it? What do I need to do to learn the truth without him?

3 Likes

You can

Romance Jordan and accept their offer to peer into your mind. There might be more but that was one way that I found.

2 Likes

Dang I really thought. Given Bouchard, the names at character selection, and Annabelle (especially Annabelle). But I guess it’s just my inner fan looking for signs that aren’t there.

Can we commit diablerie? Or perhaps become the prince? Or learn blood magic?

In all the stories of this franchise I always tend to make myself essential in the vampire version and in all of them I always tend to support the masquerade to limit the population of vampires as well as the masquerade to keep us safe from the inquisition and avoid a war. open with humans, being loyal to princes or vampiric authorities that do not promote enmity and more order between clans within the same territory.

I may have found a bug: the achievement Secreted Away says the blood doll’s name is Alex, but he was introduced to me as Drew.

Great game! And yes for more romance options! Would be glad if we got at least one more female option for romance

5 Likes

Hey quick question for anyone who may know. How much does this game rely on knowledge of the previous two titles? Is there any plot connections? I played (and enjoyed) Night Road but decided not to pick up the second game. Looking to pick this one up if i enjoy the demo and was wondering if I need to play the 2nd game.

As far as I have read no. The VTM games are set in the same WOD, but with different settings. So you should be good.

3 Likes

They’re completed unrelated other than “WoD setting”. They take place in entirely different areas and there’s not even a reference to the other games’ events that I could spot.

2 Likes

There’s actually some fantastic shade thrown by Corliss towards Lettow.

And there’s an off-screen character shared btwn OFB and NR.

And Caul is mentioned in Coteries of New York.

6 Likes

Uh oh. Someone is coming for my boy Lettow. Gotta play to defend him at the very least lol.

Thanks for the info everyone :slight_smile:

6 Likes