"Vampire: The Masquerade — Parliament of Knives"—Spy for your sire to save an undead Prince!

FYI: Night Road’s also 20% off!

2 Likes

Nothing’s written in stone (or, to be honest, even pitched) but my hubby really wants to date Kashif. Or even have a poly thing going with Kashif and Ophelia. Alisha’s possible. There’s a lot more to her than meets the eye. I even had a very interesting request for Bouchard, but that might be too much for me, lol.

Feel free to comment on who you might want!

8 Likes

We have to stick together! Ooh, lets form a bicoterie. Too much?

On a more serious note, I also had trouble distinguishing orientations for my character. I think a tiny dash of recording would do. It was a little frustrating not being able to figure it out for my first playthrough, which I think for everyone is usually the most adventurous.

2 Likes

Just finished my first play through and absolutely loved it! I was gripped the whole way through, it took me about three hours which I’m very pleased with, because in those three hours I feel like I barely saw a fraction of what the game had to offer. There were so many factions and schemes going on that I’d love to get to the bottom of in future runs. I went in thinking I’d go pure Anarch (I pretty much always go anarch in VTMB, Nines is just such a cool guy) but I ended up choosing something quite different that I never would have expected but was still happy with.

One thing I thought I’d mention, and it’s probably just me being braindead, but with the section where you input the password, I knew what it was, but I messed up my first attempt because the prompt said no punctuation so I input it without a space. Is a space even punctuation? I don’t know, but I nearly second guessed myself. Luckily I tried again with a space rather than freak out, but I was a little confused.

Thanks for an awesome read, I coudln’t be happier with my purchase!

3 Likes

It would be interesting to see how the MC would romance corliss lol.

7 Likes

Alisha would be really…hmmm, tempting.

2 Likes

Could someone tell me where the entry point is for Qui’s romance? I found Jordan’s I think.

Summary

At least, I found the mention of being “somewhere between friends and lovers”

Is it after chapter 7?

Alicia is the socialite, with the perfect hair, right?

What’s the password? Lmao, I skimmed too much.

Edit: it’s fine. Found it.

1 Like

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to romance Qui lmao.

First things first. From what I have seen so far this game is amazing!

However did run into a problem with a bug.

Spoilers!!!

I joined Qui and Co in the hunt for the Tremere, yet next chapter everyone thinks I missed it and joined Ward and the Anarchs.

3 Likes

I have found it very interesting to be set in another city to see the different politics at work within the masquerade.

Would like to go down the romance road of Alisha. Seems promising. The other city I have played through was part of Seattle in another WoD game.

Also like the way the story has unfolded without worrying about the skills. The story was very intergreated very nicely.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! Do you remember how the raid chapter ended? Was your character wounded? Did you see Lang? If I know how it ended I’ll be able to find and fix the bug. Please private message me whenever you’re able with what you remember about it. Thanks!

Love the story but for the life of I can’t figure out how to romance qui( I did two different play through trying to romance qui but got nothing)

1 Like

There’s a pretty decent guide for Qui on Reddit:

9 Likes

I’ve simply got to ask the Author.

Are you a fan of the Magnus Archives?

The names bear striking resemblances.

1 Like

So what is up with Qui?? Nosferatu?

Congrats!!! @GreekWinter

1 Like

I’m not familiar with it, but it looks neat! I just googled it and I didn’t see the similar names, though.

@ghost3337 There’s a complete backstory to why Qui is the way he is without the typical disfigurements. It’s revealed in his romance arc. I’ll detail it here later for those who don’t want to romance him, but for the next day or two I want to lay off the heavy spoilers.

Thank you! This has been so exciting to let everyone finally see what I’ve been working on for the last year and a half! :blush:

5 Likes

As always, an exquisite pleasure to be playing a Vampire: The Masquerade game. A different sort of game from Night Road, to be sure, though no less enjoyable in its own way.

Ever a pleasure to partake in the intrigue, manipulation, backstabbing, and double-dealing that saturate Cainite society, especially at the highest levels, with neonates being pawns to the ancillae, they to the elders, who in turn are steered by their methuselah sires and grandsires, with the chain going all the way back to the Antediluvians themselves.

Hm, as the archetypal Ventrue, one is always going to side with the Camarilla. That said, given the activities of the various Ventrue in Ottawa, sigh well, so much for the unity of Clan that Ventrue are supposed to exercise. The good of the Ventrue as a whole must come first, with everything else being secondary. If only there had been more fellow Ventrue present like Jan Pieterzoon, hearkening back to the ideals of eld, the noblesse oblige that a Ventrue should embody, the all-important foundation of dignitas.

Ah, the nights when the war with the Sabbat raged across the East Coast, ultimately culminating with taking New York City from the Sabbat. What a time for the Ventrue, the Clan of Kings, to shine, coordinating the war effort. How was it put again? Brujah may brawl, and Assamites hunt, but war, true war, is the sport of kings.

Hm, nevertheless, next time, there is merit in pretending to ingratiate oneself to the Anarchs, the better to learn their secrets for the Camarilla.

One supposes that, as a Ventrue, one should try to restore Prince Arundel. However, given how one could argue that he is compromised by his feelings for Ward, a Ventrue could make a not unreasonable conclusion that it is best for the Clan that he remain gone. Considering the absolute debacle that Arundel can cause regarding Archon Adeline, potentially drawing the wrath of the Camarilla’s Inner Circle, it may be for the best that Eden or Vivian become the new Prince. One wonders if Arundel would be so bold if it had been a Justicar instead of one of their Archons.

7 Likes