"Vampire: The Masquerade — Parliament of Knives"—Spy for your sire to save an undead Prince!

In partnership with World of Darkness and Paradox Interactive, Choice of Games is proud to announce the release of Vampire: The Masquerade — Parliament of Knives now available on Steam, iOS, and Android.

It’s 20% off until November 4th!

Dominate undead politics through cunning and violence! Will a missing Prince give you the opening to betray your sire and seize power? Or will you remain loyal?

Vampire: The Masquerade — Parliament of Knives is a 600,000-word interactive horror novel by Jeffrey Dean, based on “Vampire: The Masquerade” and set in the World of Darkness shared story universe. Your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

The undead Prince of Canada’s capital city has disappeared, and his second-in-command, Eden Corliss, wants you to find out why. You’ve been loyal to Corliss since she Embraced you and made you a vampire, but this could be your chance to take her place. Will you defend your sire from the accusations flying, or join forces with her rivals to bring her down?

Ottawa’s court of immortals is tight-knit and merciless, with tensions between clans that go back centuries. The Prince has been missing for four days, and old alliances are starting to crumble. How will you leverage the political chaos to your advantage? The authorities are already on high alert against a new group of Anarchs in the city, who have been breaching the Masquerade by revealing their true nature. You’ll have to gather evidence to demonstrate which suspects deserve punishment, and you can’t afford to guess wrong. One careless word could get you stabbed in the back—staked through the heart, and left to burn in the sun.

Who will you save when the knives are out?

• Choose from three clans, each with different gifts.

• Flaunt your coercive dominance as a Ventrue, your dark stealth as a Nosferatu, or your heightened senses as a Toreador.

• Master the social scene and ensnare the weak in your thrall.

• Command your own manservant and ghoul.

• Attack the Anarchs in the city, or help them take over.

• Uncover the lies at the heart of Ottawa’s immortal court.

• Romance a sheriff or a seer.

• Feast on the blood dolls of your charismatic ally.

• Play as male, female, or nonbinary; gay, straight, or bi.

We hope you enjoy playing Vampire: The Masquerade — Parliament of Knives . We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

61 Likes

I don’t know if this would be a comment for the support email or not since it’s not game-related, but if you click Our Games on the website, the banner for this game is wayyyyy too big. Granted, there’s a certain level of appropriateness to that, given how well this one’s likely to do, but I assume it’s not intentional.

Also, congrats on the release @GreekWinter !

11 Likes

Thats fast, wasn’t Out for Blood released recently

Congrats @GreekWinter and team! :partying_face: :canada: :rat:

Way to go CoG w/3x VtM properties! :vampire: :vampire: :vampire:

16 Likes

Fantastic!!! Good luck and congratulations for release day!

9 Likes

Congratulations @GreekWinter!

It is refreshing to have the setting take place in Canada .

8 Likes

I just bought it on steam, but the opening page still says “you can play the first three chapters for free” as if it were a demo.

2 Likes

What a coincidence that it will already be Halloween in a few days in the Anglo-Saxon world and Day of the Dead here in Mexico. I can already imagine a Mexican nosferatu who gives importance to that day. :grin:

3 Likes

Time to relieve my vampire hunger, here I go Ottawa!

Congratulations @GreekWinter!

1 Like

Nice, Congratulations on the release @GreekWinter amazing timing too… Can’t wait to comb through this.

1 Like

At least few good things came from the clusterfuck that was Bloodlines 2. Now just to wait for reviews on this one.

5 Likes

We’re working on that right now, but as far as we can tell, it’s just the first page of the game that incorrectly references the demo - the full game is still available if you play through.

5 Likes

Damnnn 600k words!? Lemme dig right in after work!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Now that I know it’s just a minor glitch, I’ll get right into the book!

3 Likes

It also should be fixed very shortly - we just submitted an update for it.

4 Likes

Steam update hit live for me. Just a fyi.

2 Likes

Probs contract

I really enjoyed PoK – and wanted to recommend leaning in to the ROs, as when I first played I kept spreading my attention (and stats) back and forth between characters and so didn’t really find the point of entry into those romances. (Still loved how my read went, so not a total loss!) And per Jeffrey there is an entire novel’s worth of wordcount just in those romance paths!

I’d just like to say how damned impressed I was by all three VTM projects here at CoG – each brought some serious care and thinking re how to have a deep interactive novel engagement with the mythos and the mechanics of VTM. I think these three really contributed back a high water mark for the properties as a whole – and each in their own distinctive voices. I truly loved each of the three – and each author also has enough excellent other work out there to demonstrate how seriously they approached what it would mean to work within this IP universe.

I think ever those who had experienced Bloodlines and found the jangly tones of those games pretty uncomfortable could end up superfans of the CoG titles. Amazing work!

15 Likes

I think I encountered a bug.

I accepted the task from Bouchard to kill Alisha’s ghoul. I did kill him, though due to massive hunger my char drained him to death. I also took his sword.

But Bouchard’s messenger said I failed my task, and reaction from my char was as If i didn’t kill him, mentioning second chance of something.

1 Like

Congratulations on such a magnificent release, @GreekWinter!

4 Likes