Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

Hello community, for some time now, I am working on my very own game and I wanted to share my idea with you, so you could give me your opinion about my project here.

The story takes place in a world were all kinds of supernatural beings, monsters and mytholoigical creatures exists. All those creatures from stories or legends, like Vampires, Ghosts, Zombies, Angels, Demons and Dragons, are real and most of them try to live a normal life besides the humans. Sadly, not all of them are entirely peaceful. A few of these non-humans prefer to cause trouble and to commit crimes. May it be because of their hatred towards humans or to simply satisfy their own needs, most of those beings have their own motiviations, which makes them a serious danger for both humans and non-humans alike. Thatā€™s were you come in. You are a Agent of the D.S.R., the Department for Supernatural Regulations, a secret governmental agency with the task to protect both humans and non-humans from threats of supernatural origin. However, since the humans are still unaware of the existence of non-humans, you have to operate from out of the shadows, while making sure to not expose yourself, since you are, like most Agents of the D.S.R., a non-human yourself.

The plot: Your Team just finished their latest field mission, when you are already assigned to a new case. You are assigned to investigate the murder of a young demihuman and to gather enough evidences to catch the killer. However, what at first appeared to be a normal investigation turns rather quick into an unexpected nightmare as you and your team are confronted with occurences that are even strange for supernatural standarts and you start to ask yourself one question. Is this really just a normal murder or is there maybe more behind the entire case? Can you unravel the mysteries that surround this crime and, most importantly, catch the killer before they can strike again?

Your character possess a number of Attributes, which will influence your choices in specific Scenes, like fight scenes for example. Those Attributes are:

-Strength
-Finesse
-Agility
-Magic
-Defense
-Perception

For your character, you can choose from five different non-human races, which are: Grey Wolf, Kitsune, Dragon, Raiju and Soulmancer (Soulmancer can choose between the classifications Duelist and Gunslinger). The appearance of your character will change, depending on your chosen race and all of these races have their own individual Attributes, with each of them possessing a particularly strong but also a particularly weak attribute.
Also, all of these races have their own selection of unique and matchless skills, which will create more unique choices for certain situations. The basic skills for each species are:

Kitsune:

• Fire Manipulation
  • Illusions
  • Telekinesis

Grey Wolf:

• Ice Manipulation
  • Beastā€™s Strength
  • Sub-Zero

Dragon:

• Dragon Skin
  • Wormhole Creation/Hand of the Puppeteer
  • Gravity Manipulation/Reality Manipulation

Raiju:

• Electricity Manipulation
  • Thunderclap
  • Speed of Sound

Duelist

• Eye of the Tactician
  • Lunge
  • Riposte
  • Soul Creation

Gunslinger

• Soul Grenades
  • Ricochet Shot
  • Fan the Hammer
  • Soul Creation

Also, every race has access to a special and extremly powerful skill called ā€œUltimataā€. Those ultimate skills have unimaginable powers and effects and only a few beings are actually able to use these kind of skills. The MC is one of those beings. The names of the different ā€œUltimatasā€ for each of the six species are:

Grey Wolf: Fenrirā€™s Howl
Dragon: Cry of a dying Star/Paradox of Existence
Gunslinger: High Noon
Kitsune: Jundo no honō (Translation: Flame of purity)
Raiju: Zen shōmetsu (Translation: Total annihilation)
Duelist: Klingenwalzer

Regarding the RO, there will be eleven romance options all in all. Four male, six female and one flippable option.
Those options are:

Christian/Christina
Species: Zombie
-Your childhood friend.

Sophia
Species: Reaper

Jayce
Species: Phoenix

Selena
Species: Lamia

Tara
Species: Automaton

Nick
Species: Phantom

Emilia
Species: Succubus

Robert
Species: Trickster

Laurence
Species: ???

Laura
Species: Zhenren

Maria
Species: Nekomata

Felicia
Species: Arachne

Old Demo: https://dashingdon.com/play/brachydiosx/ultimata/mygame/index.php?cb=66562

Well thatā€™s it so far. I would like to hear your opinion about this project of mine.

Updates:
13.10.2017: I have finished the detailed informations about each of the seven ROs. You can find them here https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/ultimata-fantasy-wip/31311/34

19.10.2017: Detailed informations about Laurence and Maria.
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/ultimata-fantasy-wip/31311/82

02.11.2017: Demo with the prolog of the game.

01.12.2017: Small update regarding the Prolog

04.02.2018: Detailed informations about Felicia and the planned structure for the story.
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/ultimata-fantasy-wip/31311/418

15.02.2018: Overview about the types of Magic.
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/ultimata-fantasy-wip/31311/551

06.03.2018: Detailed informations about Seraphina
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/ultimata-fantasy-wip/31311/916

415 Likes

Oooh, playing as a human gunslinger in a supernatural world sounds very interesting. Iā€™m assuming their highest stat will be accuracy? But Iā€™m looking forward to playing the demo.

5 Likes

Yes, the gunslinger has the highest accuracy. Sorry I forgot the overview about the highest and lowest stats.

That would be:

Gunslinger: High-Perception , Low-Strength
Kitsune: High-Magic , Low-Defense
Duelist: High-Finesse , Low-Magic
Grey Wolf: High-Strength , Low-Finesse
Raiju: High-Agility , Low-Perception
Half Dragon: High-Defense , Low-Agility

14 Likes

Seems quite interesting to me. I look forward to the development of this project.

Now, regarding this ā€˜ultimataā€™, whatā€™s stopping us from using it over and over again? What possible drawback is there in using it? Why are there only a few people capable of using it? And finally, how does one acquire this skill?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, Iā€™m just honestly curious about it.

2 Likes

It takes a lot of power to activate and use an ā€˜Ultimataā€™. It also puts a lot of pressures on the users body. If the MC would use them to often or to fast in a row, they would either die from the power drain or through pure Exhaustion. Those special skills have also some kind of cooldown. The stronger you are, the lower the cooldown will become. At first the MC will only be able to use those skills for a single time and needs to wait for a few days before they can use them again. But throughout the story the MC will become more powerful and stronger and the cooldown will get smaller and smaller.

There are only two known ways to aquire an ā€˜Ultimataā€™. The first way is to create one for yourself, which would probably take centuries and massive amounts of power. Imagine them as some kind of unique personalized skills that can only be used by the creator itself. Most of these creators were powerful supernatural beings.
The second way is, that you can inherit it from one of those creators. This way is, sadly, much more complicated and, on top of that, really rare. Luckily, the MC is one of these rare cases, but I wonā€™t tell why the MC is one of these rare cases. That would probably be a big spoiler.

I hope I could answer all of your questions.

15 Likes

I can play as a (half) dragon AND have high defense? Sign me up!

1 Like

whatā€™s a raiju? I have no idea

If I remember right, itā€™s a supernatural Japanese wolf that is made out of lightning.

Ooow sounds amazing! I hope you will be working on it! And have a good luck! Also i wanted to ask, about the romanceā€¦ what it will be? Will we romance some hoty? :joy: is there a choice for our gender and sexuality? Will the romance be deep? Or like something minorā€¦?

Im just going to post this here

RaijÅ« (雷ē£, lit. ā€œthunder animalā€ or ā€œthunder beastā€) is a legendary creature from Japanese mythology. Its body is composed of lightning and may be in the shape of a wolf or a dog, a fox, a cat or a weasel. The form of a white and blue wolf or dog (or even a wolf or dog wrapped in lightning) is the most common. It may also fly about as a ball of lightning (in fact, the creature may be an attempt to explain the phenomenon of lightning, such as Ball lightning). Its cry sounds like thunder.

Raiju is the companion of the Raijin, the Shinto god of lightning. While the beast is generally calm and harmless, during thunderstorms it becomes agitated, and leaps about in trees, fields, and even buildings (trees that have been struck by lightning are said to have been scratched by Raijuā€™s claws).

Another of Raijuā€™s peculiar behaviors is sleeping in human navels. This prompts the Raijin to shoot lightning arrows at Raiju to wake the creature up, and thus harms the person in whose belly the demon is resting. Superstitious people therefore often sleep on their stomachs during bad weather, but other legends say that Raiju will only hide in the navels of people who sleep outdoors.

16 Likes

Raiju seems broken, but very fun :grin:

great I could be jolteon (ą¹‘ĖƒĢµį“—Ė‚Ģµ)Łˆ other species seem fun too, canā€™t wait to try them all

That makes me wonder if we would ever meet a raijū who is also a riajū, and more importantly, could we make them explode?

1 Like

There will be seven RO. Three male and three female Options. Also there will be one character, whose gender you can choose. Hereā€™s a little overview:

Christian/Christina:
Species: Zombie
-Your childhood friend.

Sophia
Species: Reaper

Jayce
Species: Phoenix

Tara
Species: Automaton

Nick
Species: Phantom

Emilia
Species: Succubus

Robert
Species: Trickster

I plan to create deep romances for each of these characters, so donā€™t worry, that wonā€™t be just minor romances.
In the near future, I will post some more detailed informations about each of these characters.

By the way, I found an interesting picture on Deviantart, so you can get an idea of how your character would look like as a Raiju.

https://img00.deviantart.net/fd48/i/2012/073/9/e/raiju_life_cycle_by_dragonmanx-d4sq0v1.png
Since the MC will be twenty one years old, they would be in the ā€˜Adultā€™ Phase.

24 Likes

What are their sexual orientation? Will we have some difficulties with romancing them?

Actually, I didnā€™t planned for including any difficulties for the romances. You can romance any of the characters, no matter which gender you picked. But I will probably create custom dialogs for each of the romances, which will change based on your choosen gender and species.

5 Likes

The Romance Options are a lot and I really am hoping about what you promised that there is enough character build and romance parts between MC and RO, because, thatā€™s actually one of my most major focuses in game books and otomes. I am actually glad there is no charm stat! Because, itā€™s too easy that way.

But already, I am very interested in your male ROs: Jayce (Phoenix), Robert (Trickster). I might like Nick. But I was like, omg, there is automaton! But itā€™s a she.

Anyways, I hope that there are options to break up if we donā€™t want them anymore, and the options of choosing the RO through understandable choices because some choices are confusing, that instead of liking the character, I may have done something else, like rejecting them.

And I just hope it wonā€™t work out like Mecha Ace (that game book is amazinb! But stillā€¦I couldnā€™t romance the pilot right.) wherein the ROs choose the character and you have to be like them in order to get a chance with themā€”you have to have the same personality and agree with everything about the other person. I mean, there was no ā€˜opposites attractā€™ sort of things. People like me always dig that stuff, in ships like: hot x cool (somethinā€™ like that?)

Who is the seventh?

2 Likes

Can the character become a trickster?

The romances will mostly depend on your affinity to each of the characters. If your affinity stats arenā€™t high enough for a specific character, you wonā€™t be able to start a romance with them. That means that you need to make the right decisions when interacting with them. Donā€™t worry, I will give my best to make those decisions logical and understandable. You will also be able to brake up with them again.
I will do my best to create good romances for each of These characters. I will also try to give each of the RO a good character development.

Sorry about that.

The seventh option is Christian/Christina, since their gender is flippable.

3 Likes

Sadly, no. Iā€™m sorry.

2 Likes