The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

Ah yes, my chimera centaur minotaur. Who is just a guy.

Is that to say he’s gonna be a super easy boss ala Gwyn and soul of cinder?

Smiting does tend to make for better hate sex. Like you get a god’s love filling you at the same time.

1 Like

You’d be surprised how common it is for your nice neighbor Karl the human to become Karl the literal Scare Crow.

But more seriously the idea is that you’d be a fairly low-class mutant, with only a few mutated features at first, and not a 5 meters tall primordial theriantrope that spits bio-plasma.

He likes piano. :smiling_face_with_tear:

In all honesty he’ll be more similar to Pontiff Sulyvahn except not a joke if you had anything above an acceptable damage output. (I like being a wizard and I don’t care about what anyone else thinks about it)

There might be some Starscourge Radahn and Pontiff Sulyvahn in him, but I want him to be really unique even in this setting I’ve made so he’ll have quite a few tricks up his sleeves, anyway that final confrontation is pretty far off, some things might change on the journey there.

Yes inquisitor, this post right here.

4 Likes

Oh so Rellana.

Rellana plus more half full brother incest?

Above is a dlc spoiler*

Their judgement just eggs me in.

7 Likes

The sun smiles at me with eternal malice. And I’m surrounded by gremlins! >:(

13 Likes

Praise the sun, if only I could be so grossly incandescent.

Gremlin? Mwah? For shame, for shame. Spreading lies is unbecoming.

Anyhow does Asterius got a double wide surprise in the back?

Like it’s perfectly normal to want to bone a big strong Templar.

Show him some magic tricks and shout abracadaver

Help him zombie all he can be.

I only really care to be a mutant that looks perfectly normal.

2 Likes

saffron skies raise the blazing sun
a chance encounter, awkward displays
one day, my love, we’d be as one

with two entwined. A set course, begun
that frenetic, wild, lustrous haze;
azure skies host the radiant sun

above us beaming as we run
down that aisle, a fervent craze
that day, my love, we became as one

with future unfolded - the life we’d won
commitment and duty, for the family we’d raise
cerulean skies ferry the shimmering sun

Buried. Shackled by fate - overrun
by ever-growing resent and malaise
yesterday, my love, we were as one

now you lie here, the life in you gone
in the dark outside of her rays
crimson skies bear the torch; our sun
today, my love, we’ll be as one
~A ghost that definitely isn’t being controled by the sun.

(Sorry, I felt like I needed to put this poem from the SCP When Day Breaks.)

2 Likes

I swear that could be an elden ring quote lol🤧

5 Likes

Good instinct, because it’s the next best thing, a Dark Souls quote.

Solaire of Astora, my beloved.

7 Likes

Speaking of that, I remember that he was even in Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous as a cameo in the area where you go to recruit Regill. He even does the Praise the Sun pose but in Sarenrae’s name I think. Seeing as it sounds like you like Solaire, should we expect to see a character very similar to him in The Wight King?

Edit: @bl00dragon I just found the Deathclaw preview you made. Haven’t tried the demo yet but it sounds interesting from the summary. Is the mutant race you’re planning on adding in the next update for The Wight King inspired or taken from that game? And is that game still planned to be worked on furthur in the future or no?

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve made any character that is referential like this, maybe I’ll use his first name some day, since it’s a prime name for a Nevarran person, but probably not a character directly inspired by Solaire.

Ah that was so long ago, well it was just a sort of proof of concept, it’s not even a demo.

Deathclaw was meant to happen in the far future of this world, so technically yes they are similar to the mutants of twk and shattered.

Things have changed a lot since then, so I can’t say for sure that I’ll be working on this exact concept again in the future. If I revisit it I think it will be changed quite a lot from the original. I also want to say that I have other ideas for that modern era setting, so maybe it will not be Deathclaw, but another story set in the same times.

I actually have a bunch of other concepts lined up that I sometimes work on a little when I’m in the mood for something different. Though I try not to touch the modern setting too much because it’s bound to be the most volatile.

One day, I might post some of these demos I’ve worked on if you people are interested, despite the fact that you’d know they won’t be worked on full swing any time soon. Some of them are more games with “unusual” protagonists like a lost drone of a spider hive mind surviving and adapting into becoming a unique creature, or another in which you are part of a council of monster rulers at the end of their wits at the mercy of an absolute dickwad of a chosen of the dark gods while trying to end a millenia-old war with the armies of the bright gods.

Another one is about living the life of a downtrodden, scheming mastermind Nevarran noble, hatching a plan to claw their way to the top with a retinue of knights, despite their backstabbing family and the general disdain of the genteel class.

For more modern times, there are several ones planned for a long war between different superpower alliances, some centered more on common soldiery and others with the more occult aspects of this new war, including one, dare I say, about piloting hellish constructs?

One of the stories is basically the “closing” of a sort of trilogy that contains both Shattered and TWK, about incarnating a powerful archdemon some time after the ending of TWK.

There are a lot of other ones yet, but many of them aren’t really fleshed out enough yet to talk about. If there’s anything that calls to you, I’d love to hear it, but I might not have a lot of answers if you have questions.

4 Likes

I’m fine with anything as long as it involves playing as a non-human creature. I don’t mind playing most games that would have you play as a human but it doesn’t mean that I like it. More like I tolerate it depending on the game. Playing as a human is too boring and uninteresting for me. They’re only barely interesting when there are superpowers or magics involved.

2 Likes

it seems like you need a healthy does of warcrimes in your diet, my friend. then maybe you’ll realise being mortal ain’t all bad

1 Like

War crimes this, war crimes that! Well guess what, Geneva was never invented here, war crimes don’t exist, biological weapons are legal! Billions must be risen for the undead horde! Commit untold atrocities, now!

26 Likes

What you just said is more or less what a friend of mine said verbatim lol “Can’t break the Geneva Convention if Geneva never existed in this universe.”

13 Likes

got ltg flashbacks for a second there

artworks-yH0yRhUp6mMzMuUz-fQB4bw-t500x500|500x500

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I was channeling my inner Senator Armstrong there.

6 Likes

Glad to hear that this story is still being worked on! Will choosing to embrace or reject undeath lock your moral alignment? I’ve always found it a bit strange that so many “immortal” creatures like vampires and liches are almost always stereotypically evil (humans are cattle, kill anyone at any time, the only life that matters is mine, etc). I’d personally love to play as an MC that embraces undeath but doesn’t go all demon lord.

7 Likes

I have a similar outlook as you I believe. I’m not a fan of manicheism.

No creature in this world is outright evil by nature except for a very select few, usually homunculi created for such a purpose and the spawns of certain evil gods(euphemism). Necromancy while vilified is not any more evil than any other magical discipline, and the undead are not fated to be or to become evil.

The problem with undeath is that it can be difficult for a mortal mind to adapt to. Being undead will slowly sap your “humanity”, which also has different effects depending on what kind of undead you are, the more living-like undead like vampires or banshees might respectively suffer mostly from succumbing to a predator mindset and suffering from dissociative disorders. Meanwhile husks and skeletons are at risk of losing even their personality. Generally, the more monstrous types of undead have the highest risk of suffering from this loss of humanity.

Usually, the problems are mostly personal, some people are not okay with losing out on all forms of carnal pleasure and they resent the loss, they hate the feeling of losing themselves. As you can imagine it may lead to a number of psychological problem, but some people fare far better. The problem is those undead that let themselves be driven to the brink and risk losing themselves completely and permanently. This madness is a constant risk to keep in mind for the undead, an every day battle. Though the risk is most important for the weaker types of undead, it affects all of them in one form or another.

We come to the effects on your MC in the game. There are several ways to embrace or reject undeath, but the most simple aspects of it come through in every day things. Do you let yourself grow cold? Do your let go of your emotions? Do you seek out what pleasures of the flesh you still can partake in? Essentially, are you living like a human being? Or like a corpse?

Embracing undeath will eventually let you sacrifice the flesh as a final act of rejecting your humanity, becoming a soul bound only to your bones. It will have effects on your MC’s personality and actions, but it will not rob you of choice. While embracing undeath will make you more coldly logical, almost machine-like, it won’t stop you from making the choice of being illogical or passionate, but instead will open up unique reactions from you and other characters.

So yeah. I hope I answered your questions, but if you want more precision or to know something I haven’t talked about don’t hesitate to ask more questions.

20 Likes

Shame, I like handling race relations when there’s a stark difference like that. Like an entire race incapable of empathy or predatorial.

Oh so I’ll just be an elf.

No war crimes?!

I have nothing but my sorrow, and I want nothing more. It has been, it still is, faithful to me.
Why should I begrudge it, since during the hours when my soul crushed the depths of my heart, it was seated there beside me?
O sorrow, I have ended, you see, by respecting you, because I am certain you will never leave me.
Ah, I realize it! Your beauty lies in the force of your being. You are like those who never left the side fireside corner of my poor black heart.
O my sorrow, you are better than a well-beloved: because I know that on the day of my final agony, you will be there, lying in my sheets, O sorrow, so that you might once again attempt to enter my heart.

9 Likes

I have a surprise for you then, I didn’t mention the spawn of evil gods for no reason. It’s not just the chimeras you have to worry about in the deep wilds.

For lack of empathy, the myrmidons are not generally outright hostile to other species but they certainly aren’t the empathetic type. What remains of the largest undead nations tend to share that as well. There are other as well, so there’s definitely some of that dynamic you describe.

Mortality*

16 Likes