The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

Great way to start 2023, thank you bl00dragon.

6 Likes

Is it Suppose to be Ork or Orc?

2 Likes

Can we have more saves?

2 Likes

When it comes to choose what magical specialty to choose, the descriptions are a bit vague.

Especially that last one, the others I have a general idea about what they do, but that last one leaves me clueless.

Perhaps a brief description in the stats page?

I’m sure some players will eventually choose them for replay value, but others are probably going to have definite opinions about which they would choose.

5 Likes

I checked out the new chapter and I still love how this game really give you a feeling of power and impact behind the blows of your character.

7 Likes

I usually write it as ork but it can be whichever, humans call them orks, elves call them auhruuks, either way it’s mispronounciation of how they call themselves.

Yeah I think the plugin lets me add a few more I’ll look into it.

It’s kind of meant to be vague at this point because your character is only just starting to understand these powers. Choosing the influence of your powers is basically the first step, deeper understanding will come later with time and experience to delve into the eldritch proper.

Edit: Beside, I didn’t mention it but these powers aren’t exclusive, you can get most or all of them and choose to focus on the ones you like later.

Sure, I would have done this eventually. I’ll think about it.

“Wight King Smash” is probably one the things I have the most fun writing lol.

Edit: forgot to edit word count, passed the bar of 100k words, whether i’m actually interesting or just long-winded remains a mystery. :3

18 Likes

Been a while, thanks for the update.

5 Likes

Why does the shattered end screen come up after chapter 2

1 Like

Oh looks like I forgot to remove one of the chapter end messages from before chapter 3

1 Like

Yeah the end of demo message at the end of chapter 3

1 Like

OH MY FUCKING GOD YES!!!

14 Likes

New chapter let’s goooooo ! :dancer:

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, and possibly a stupid question, but is there any romance in this game?

3 Likes

Yes, you can check out the potential ro’s in the main post.

1 Like

Yeah there will be romance available with both living and undead characters. There will be the obvious long-term relationships but also sometimes shorter ones with certain characters.

19 Likes

Just wanted to say amazing so far

1 Like

My first time reading this. Helena is fun, 10/10 would travel with. And it was cool getting to know the guild party.

1 Like

Just finished reading this demo. My favourite character is Asterius - I really like him, and I also like the teenage mage… already feel a little protective of him.

I’m really looking forward to our next meeting with Asterius, and with me playing my MC as a somewhat honourable and fair sort (not blindly so, but unwilling to kill for the sake of killing), hopefully the ability to win him over some more; I mean, considering there was that odd solidarity between us at the first meeting and he seems somewhat at odds with the group he works for. Maybe it’s a crazy hope, but it would be great if we could romance Asterius down the track - it’s one of those ‘impossible’ or ‘forbidden’ but quite enticing prospects.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but from his physical description and the mentions of ‘Bann’ and ‘warden’, etc in this story which gave Dragon Age vibes, Asterius reminds me a little of Duncan - The warden-commander who recruits you to the Grey Wardens at the start. :slight_smile:

EDIT: And I probably should have started by saying this ( :sweat_smile:), but I’m really enjoying the story so far. It felt a little dragging and long-winded at some points (such as the Abyss/Citadel part), but it’s understandable why those sections needed to be there story-wise. I haven’t really warmed to Helena yet, which is a bit of a shame, but I do like this sort of rag-tag group we’ve joined, especially the young mage. I can sort of imagine taking him under my wing at some point. :smiley:

6 Likes

Asterius will be the main antagonist of the “first arc”, for the most part encounters with him will be hostile, even if he comes to respect or like you. After the arc is completed, his fate will depend on your decisions.

Yeah there might be a bit of Duncan in him, though that wasn’t necessarily intentional. XD

Asterius shares personality traits with characters like Duncan or Obi-Wan, and the first image I had in my head after writing his description was a mix between Obi-Wan and Aragorn.

The fact he’s part of an ancient order of knights who fought the darkness doesn’t help to be fair. Neither does his habit of recruiting to his cause the forsaken and outcasts and raising them up into becoming paladins or part of his loyal retinue.

Well thank you, your feedback means a lot to me. I’m aware that I can be VERY long-winded at times, and that’s one of the things I’ll work on when I edit those chapters again.

I guess Helena isn’t really helping her case. She’s like a bundle of issues shaped loosely into the form of a human being, barely contained by a facade of smugness and self-control.

Good to hear that “the gang” seems to be well-received for now. XD

I haven’t heard that much about them yet from the people™, but there will be time for that. Writing them has been pretty fun, and they’re likely to stick around for the next few chapters.

6 Likes

Ah, I see. No wonder I like her. She’s my type.

1 Like