The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (Discussion)

As far as the Hyper senses, I will I’m kind of curious why someone hasn’t recommended a sensory deprivation tank, just at some point. Not really thinking it’s going to end up in the story, but it could be sort of interesting, if sensory deprivation tanks work the way I think they do. Could be something interesting, maybe like a detective is trying to find gifts for people and that’s the one, or one of the choices that the detective can give Morgan? Just a thought.

1 Like

My Canon MC Elena gifts for UB
A: A snug new blue/green jacket. (She can’t afford classic cars on her paycheck :sob:) Maybe a bottle of vintage red.
N: A lovingly handmade scrapbook full of choice UB moments. Also cupcakes. (Maybe a tablet for lulz but that’s cruel :joy:)
F: Music album of their choice. Also a trampoline.
M (LI): MC herself giftwrapped in NSFW clothing.:smiling_imp: An engraved lighter. (She’s a sentimental Pisces so she’d slip him a book of Keats poetry which he’d promptly proceed to dump in the nearest bin.)

Det. Benedict (LT)
A: Winery Tour.
N: Pearl hairpin.
F: Ice skates.
M: Good quality crimson lippie.

As for UB gifting MC…A book from N library? We all know what M would gift.
Not sure about the rest.

What’s everyone’s pressie ideas?

I should have merged posts. :weary:

@moonfungus :joy::joy::joy: Yes please! Might loosen A a little. What sort of drunk would A be? Shivers lol
Oh my gods More romantic declarations in Latin? BRING IT. Considering LT MC barely passed college (He’s a simple man with high combat lol) he’d be scratching his head wondering wth is Ava on about. If Nat is there to translate tho…I can see things going downhill fast :disappointed_relieved:

I’ll do you one better my friend. A drunk F & ice skates. Possibly trying to drag A into the shenanigans. :confounded:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Yass. I love the Cute-O-Meter idea! M would perpetually be 0% :roll_eyes: unless we got M blushing or something but chances of that happening are also 0%

A fic you say? I’ll work on this! Mind you I haven’t written a fanfic in years so beware lol

1 Like

Sera, can we please see a drunk A in the next book? I have a nagging feeling that I will die of the cuteness and wholesomeness it will radiate.

I mean, we got the “Tu omnia” scene when A was high on the drugs the Agency gave to them. So yeah, one can hope :upside_down_face:

That’s a very fine recipe for disaster, F & ice skates :joy:

Right, we need this! The Cute-o-meter would explode (no, I’m not explaining how I got a Cute-o-meter)!

You know what, there should be a fanfic about it. I would write about it, if my creative skills weren’t bad enough to warrant a F grade from my advisor :sweat_smile:

I wouldn’t put that past tho, we got someone like N to be a possible telepathic psycho who can YEET everyone out of existence if they wish so. So chances of M blushing isn’t 0, but less than 1 for sure😅

I will dump my entire cookie basket on you as compensation for your troubles :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: (god, how many cookies do I have!?) :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

I wholeheartedly agree with this scenario :rofl:

2 Likes

And N is keeping A from going super saiyan at F whereas M is in the background laughing their ass off :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha!!

How could I refuse! I’m writing it as we speak :blush:

@moonfungus here it is. It’s the best I could do on short notice I’m sorry! Please forgive my grammar. LT with bare minimum angst. I wanted to write something happy for a change. :blush:

Lil Fanfic

“This is the best day ever!” Farah squealed in high pitched childish glee as she tried do a pirouette on the ice displaying her skills like a graceful swan. Or so she thought, whilst doing a precariously wobbly turn and trying not to faceplant.
“You said that yesterday at the bowling alley too.” Morgan scoffed, taking another puff of her cigarette.
“Today’s even better.” Farah grinned, her beautiful brown cheeks flushed crimson from the alcopops she’d consumed earlier.
She almost toppled into Nat, her arms flailing wildly.
Morgan gave a low chuckle, shaking her head at the younger vampire.
Ava groaned inwardly, wishing the day was over already so they could get back to work. Agency had given Unit Bravo the whole weekend off and things were not going according to plan. First off Farah just wouldn’t stop singing at the Karaoke bar. Her exuberant rendition of I’m So Excited, Love Shack and Don’t Rain On My Parade whilst intoxicated had been interesting to say the least, rousing the patrons into group karaoke. She insisted the Detective sing with Nat and Ava to which he thankfully politely declined.
Then if that wasnt bad enough Farah dragged the whole group to an outdoors Ice Rink and couldn’t even wait for Nat to secure her helmet properly before taking off with the enthusiasm of a kid in a lolly store. It wasnt long before Nat decided to join Farah, watching with gentle amusement, seemingly content in her surroundings. She moved with fluid grace, hovering over Farah like a mother hen.
Ava sighed and glanced over at Morgan. The gruff, quiet woman had quickly regained her bored expression, staring at anything but the ice rink, her attention perking up only occasionally when eyeing a few particularly well endowed skaters with an appreciative glint in her grey eyes as they skated past.
Ava rubbed her face, wishing she was back to her old self counting the seconds until they got back to the facility, back to what was important. However it was impossible to wish for such a thing when the Detective was standing so close beside her, arms almost touching, his body heat seeping like an intoxicating drug into her system, caressing over her in a featherlight embrace. She flicked her blonde locks over her shoulder, a pleasant shiver tingling down her spine as the Detective stole a yearning glance at her motion, shuffling a little closer to Ava on instinct. A tiny smile played across his handsome features at Farah’s antics. His attention largely centred on Nat, his smile growing into a softer, gentler one. Ava looked away, her heart clenching, the electric tingle from his closeness suddenly transforming into a painful sensation.
“Come on guys, join us!” Farah shouted halfway across the ice at Ava, Morgan and the detective, startling a few skaters around her.
“Here we go again.” Morgan muttered under her breath, rolling her eyes at Farah beelining straight for the group with mischief glittering like fairy dust in her amber eyes.
Ava’s eyes widened when Farah made as if to grab Morgan but changed course at the last moment, and went straight for Ava, grabbing her hand in her smaller one in a tight squeeze so as to prevent Ava’s escape.
Ava inhaled sharply, momentarily struck speechless and frozen at the unexpected situation.
“Let go this instant, Farah.” Ava hissed from between clenched teeth, digging the blades of her skates into the ice so hard that tiny cracks began to form under her.
Morgan began to laugh, almost dropping her cigarette. Nat skated over to them with a sigh, ready to step in.
“Oh i refuse to let you miss out on the fun detective!” Farah grinned wildly and dove straight for the detective next, pointedly ignoring Ava’s resistance and grunts of major annoyance.
“Uh, no, no. It’s okay I’m fine.” Detective said but his desperate plea fell on deaf ears.
“Here, hold Ava so you don’t fall.” Farah linked the detectives hand with Ava’s. “Come on Nat, give us a hand!” Farah beamed.
Ava felt the searing heat of a furious blush spread onto her cheeks at the contact. The detective almost lost his composure with an awkward laugh, the tomato red flush on his cheeks matching Ava’s. She allowed herself to be reluctantly dragged onto the ice, trying hard to keep her expression neutral.
“Here, detective, let me help you.” Nat smiled softly, sliding her arm around the detectives free one.
“Come on!” Farah held out her hand towards Morgan with a waggle of her eyebows.
Morgan narrowed her eyes into a vicious glare.
“This is the best day ever.” Farah repeated happily, taking a break next to Morgan and watching the trio slide on the ice in perfect harmony, lost in their own little world.

@moonfungus No she’s not. Lol not my best effort but thank you :blush:Eww it is too wholesome for LT :weary: I need a major dose of angst asap.

6 Likes

Awwwww! That was so wholesome and cute! Almost didn’t feel like the LT. I would say a job well done :grin:

A quick question; is Nat in a relationship with the MC this story, since this was a LT route?

3 Likes

I think Sera said the vampires can’t get drunk

6 Likes

She did say that, here:

That said someone could always write an AU fanfic where someone invents/discovers some magical drink that can somehow get vampires drunk.

11 Likes

Hey guys! I’ve been fiddling with ChoiceScript a lot as of late, and one of my projects is interactive fanfiction - aiming towards a more immersive reading experience for fanfics deriving from IF works.

To that goal I am playing around with the MC settings for immerson. If yall were to potentially play through a Wayhaven fanfic, what would you be most interested in “importing” from your MC? Currently I have basics like name, nickname, gender, physical traits all set with an option to do it immersively or quick and down to the point. (Still working on finishing the ofc important sexuality setting.)

Would people also want to have the option to “import” their MC’s personality and professional points as Sera has them in the games? Or would interactions allowing the different personalities/strats be expressed be enough for the goal?

6 Likes

Awww. I’m sad :pensive:

Off to the storyboard I go!:joy:

I think the latter should be good, at least for me. I’m not gonna insert my MC into a fanfic, I like different perspectives😁

Maybe a poll might help getting opinions clearly?

The friendship or romance points with UB would be nice. Also the Tina/Douglas route variables. However, I don’t wanna pressure you into all of that, it would be too much😅

I would, for M :upside_down_face:

Would anyone by any chance have the minimum and maximum possible numbers for those from the games?
[/quote]

Here, you could check this handy guide made by @Sylveranty;

https://sylveranty.tumblr.com/tagged/wayhaven-chronicles

5 Likes

No pressure, don’t worry! I appreciate the input, thank you very much. For stories involving the friendship routes with side characters in any capacity that would surely be nice! For now that is not in my own personal plans, but in case the project expands or ends up with passages relevant to this, I will give it a shot - gives me a chance to practice some more CS.

For the friendship and romance points, I was thinking of that also. Would anyone by any chance have the minimum and maximum possible numbers for those from the games? (So that I don’t end up just letting people set 50 points into any given character haha.) I’ve been avoiding looking at the original code as a challenge to find my own solutions to things…

3 Likes

@Frings I wouldn’t mind either. :blush: whichever works for you. If you write a Mason fic I’ll MOST definitely read it. :grimacing: I’d be very very happy and eager to read it in fact! Also LT fic. Angstier the better. No pressure though! I also don’t have problem with AU fics either. There you go.

Oi M would like to have a word with you :angry::joy:

Cool! can I join? :smiling_imp: (Sorry. Keeping it classy as always :expressionless::unamused: Blame M.)

3 Likes

Tell him I’m busy with A :joy:

3 Likes

how would Ava not be able to afford a car? She’s got like 900 years worth of paycheques lined up. Hell, all of the vampires except possibly Farah, should be completely loaded by now. Simply through trickle accumulation of money.
Also, on the intoxication front, you could always just have a thing where someone spikes their drinks with a lot of DMB, and then it covers it up with something that smells rather strong. However, I don’t know the specifics of exactly how DMB would work, so that may or may not actually work. Could be an interesting way the trappers get one of the team though, poison them, then attack and capture them. Especially since it seems that people just seem to be able to get the stuff left right and center. If a mad scientist Socio path vampire who is known to be a mad scientist sociopath can get this kind of stuff, well…
Also, personally I think a nice present for Farah would’ve been a subscription to a site where she can get books, simply because she keeps saying she always wants to do everything, see everything. That might be a thing, she can read about a whole bunch of stuff.
It’s not the same, but.
Also, what is the game look like if you choose no romance? I haven’t, because well, come on you got to date for extremely attractive people, who all seem to want to date you, why would you not? Just curious how the game would go, since there’s a couple of scenes that are basically dictated by which ever one of the team you romance, and if you then romance none of them? However, I guess that may or may not make a difference assuming that you still need two people go to carnival, and if you go with one of them to the carnival, that could be sort of the start of a relationship? I don’t

1 Like

A probably can. I’m just saying that’s what my MC would want to get A but MC can’t afford a classic car on MC paycheck is what I meant.

That could work Idk. Dr Tuft sedates A with DMB after all. Wouldn’t be too pleasant though.

Haha I’d love to see F reaction. Maybe picture books might manage to amuse F :joy:. Judging from the way F was bored to tears in N library I’d say F is not likely to be a voracious reader. More like a “do it all” kind of person than “read it all” but that’s just my opinion. :blush: F wouldn’t mind reading on F device though I dont think so your idea might work!

Maybe a bit duller than LI routes? TWC is a romance heavy game after all. Nah it would be grand still; Sera is a great wordsmith, would still be a blast with friendship routes! I’ll have to give this a go now.

Can I second this? :blush: Would choosing no romance stop M from hitting on MC? :joy:
I’ve started playing Book 1 again and am determined to resist A & M charms and that oh so sweet LT angst this time yes sir! Let’s see how long I last…:grimacing:

Yup I want to read too.

2 Likes

So, I heard something about people talking about fanfics a few posts back. Personally, I think that would be a great idea, however it’s your universe. So.
However, it could be interesting however, like if you set up each book a couple of months after the previous one, with the best fan fix as kind of padding, that might be interesting.
That could be done by depending on how well the fanfic idea goes, having a bunch of people write them, and then you look them over, decide which ones are the best, and yeah. Just my thoughts, I wouldn’t mind writing a fanfic for Way Haven, granted I would probably do a new character perspective, since I don’t feel as comfortable writing a fanfic about anyone in unit bravo just because I don’t know how the personalities are going to go and I’m afraid that there might be some sort of cognitive dissonance if something in my fan fit comes up and then that part of the personality doesn’t come up again, might be confusing. Also, character insert.
A fanfic written in the perspective of the MC could be interesting. Depending on how much Tena and Verta are in the main storyline, a fanfic with either of them could actually be quite interesting too. Anyway, just my opinion. Again, your universe :slight_smile: very good books, I’m waiting for a book 3. I’ll probably be on this form a bunch, since I have a lot of free time now with school over and everything.

1 Like

Yeah, that has the potential to kill them if used in excess or in a pure form, so maybe not a good idea :sweat_smile:

That is how, I believe, they’ve been capturing most of the agents

Kind of…dull. Like, UB’s good as friends, but far better as LIs.

I ain’t stopping you from playing it tho :upside_down_face:

Actually we do have a fanworks thread for TWC, right here.

You’re free to write. Many of us here (I think) would be interested to read it. I would, at least :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That’s even assuming they pay Ub monetarily. I mean by logic you would assume they would sure. But for all we know food and shelter is all there provided for to compensate for working with the agency. So far A hasn’t fixed are damages to sre office yet if they are loaded like we assume they should be it should be as simple as penning a check. But agency pay aside A.

is of noble birth and may still have ken alive and still in there royal position they never confirm nor deny that their line is dead side from A

4 Likes

I got some data for that, you can also check my guides as Aronjo pointed out. I’ll put this behind a cut so that others who are not interested aren’t met with a wall of text.
These are not actual maximum/minimum points, but they’ll give you an idea.

Min Max Points

In terms of romance / friendship / skill points:

By the time of Book 2, there are only romance points on the love triangle route to see who you “favour” more. All the single RO routes don’t gather romance points, though you can select choices that make your MC a more shy / bold flirt.

In terms of friendship points: I think you cannot quite have 30 friendship points with a character, it’s usually less. I can give you the data of my four playthroughs.

FP = Friendship Points

Adam PT: Adam 15 FP | Nate 19 FP | Felix 17 FP | Mason 14 FP

Felix PT: Adam 12 FP | Nate 11 FP | Felix 20 FP | Mason 17 FP

Mason PT: Adam 13 FP | Nate 18 FP | Felix 22 FP | Mason 14 FP

Nate PT: Adam 15 FP | Nate 12 FP | Felix 10 FP | Mason 17 FP

So my highest points were 22 FP with Felix on my Mason playthrough. I had the least FP with Felix on my Nate playthrough. That’s obviously dependent on my MCs’ personalities. My Nate girl is too matter-of-fact and stoic to choose most of the options that give points with F. Some of the points she got only because sometimes you get friendship points with all UB members. Likewise, my Mason girl is somewhat light-hearted and a jokester, resulting in her picking more options that grant friendship points with Felix.

There are a few situations in Book 2 where you can get friendship points with either N, F, or M, but not with A. Thus, you can’t quite get as many friendship points with A as with the others.

When it comes to personalities (and by the book vs bend the rules), it might be easiest to just go “MC tends to be more charming than intimidating”, and maybe “MC is quite balanced when it comes to being friendly or stoic”. Things like that. The exact numbers shouldn’t be necessary for your fan games.

Now skills:

As of Book 2, you can have points in one of the two Defence Against Supernaturals skills (Combat and Research). You can either have 10% or 16% in one of them. If you chose Combat and have at least 45 in normal Combat or People, then you get 16% combat. If you chose Research and have at least 45 in Science or Deduction, you get 16% research. Under all other circumstances, 10% in the chosen skills.

About the normal skills:

At the end of Book 2, I had one MC with more than 80% in one skill. But she in turn also sucked hard in two skills and was below average in the fourth. My three other MCs had just below 80% in one skill, Between 50% and 60% in a second skill, between 40% and 50% in a third skill and their fourth skill is unusable.

Here my exact numbers:

Adam PT: People 85% | Combat 13% | Science 48% | Deduction 19%

Felix PT: People 52% | Combat 79% | Science 0% | Deduction 42%

Mason PT: People 10% | Combat 43% | Science 78% | Deduction 59%

Nate PT: People 8% | Combat 60% | Science 48% | Deduction 79%

So you can be a master at one skill but then be really bad at two, and average at one. Or you can have one main skill, one or two good side skills, and at least one awful skill. You can of course also be about average at all skills, but then you naturally won’t succeed at the highest skill checks. Being a jack of all trades is good role-playing wise, but from a “I want to actually succeed at the high skill checks” perspective it’s a bad choice.

5 Likes
M is so caring

Thanks M. :unamused:
Ok still on friendship route and accumulated good amount of mate points with N and M.

But

Decisions decisions

What am I to do with this :sob: Man this is harder than I thought.
Guess Friendship it is…:blush:
Not sure if spoilery but,

N came to break Rebecca’s news.
M assisted MC with Murphy.
F was glad to see MC after escaping from Murphy.
A debriefed MC in hospital.

I’m definitely going back to LI route like right now. I need romance!

PS:

Stating the Obvious

You don’t say F…
Edited the previously long arse post. No one wants a wall of text.

Couldn’t agree more!

But This

How on earth??
A friendship points: 4…Oops.

@ArchivistAlpha096 Look forward to your fic(s)

2 Likes