The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (Discussion)

Happy anniversary @Kaelyn! Hope you have a nice day! Here, have my chef George say it as well;

Before you ask how do I have a muppet chef…I will not disclose😁

4 Likes

@Kaelyn Happy anniversary K , hope you have a fantastic day!!
And @moonfungus @Alisha_Houghton you guys just wont stop with the merging posts will ya facepalm look what have you done to me , now i am merging posts as well.
@Alisha_Houghton and yes you do fight with falk infact he joins the rouges , you also can injure him and give him a nasty scar on face

6 Likes

Happy anniversary!

This is what my canon route looks like.

Name: Vincent Langford
Age: 26/27 not too sure.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Medium, Brown
Height: Tall
Apartment Style: Cosy
Professional Skills: Deduction/Knowledge 75% - People/Psychology 67%.
Personality: Charming, Impulsive, Sarcastic, 50/50 between Friendly and Stoic, Stubborn.
RO: Love Triangle :disappointed_relieved:
Best friends with Farah
Good relationship with Rebecca
Bobby… not so much.

-Didn’t shoot Ava.
-Joined the force to put his mind to use.
-Went out with Tina.
-Did the blood tests.
-Captured Murphy but was bitten in the wrist.
-Did Supernatural Research.
-Went to the house of mirrors with Nat.
-Didn’t tell Verda about the supernatural
-Saved Sanja instead of Ava (srry, still love you)
-Falk signed the treaty and respects the detective.
-Starts a relationship with Nat.

3 Likes

I apologize for the off topic question but How do you merge posts?

Edit:After scouring through the categories I found a topic on formatting in the forums and they said to use quotes Command if you want to mesh various posts together

@Alex_Parker_Roberts Try this :blush:

M would vehemently disagree :joy: get the disinfectant. right @moonfungus?
I know what you mean though. Isn’t TWC wonderful :blush:

I second this! Especially LT route :joy:

3 Likes

I just had to say that despite being someone who stays far away from Romantic Vampires as a genre, this was great. I let a friend talk me into trying the demo of Wayhaven 1, expected to be thoroughly meh towards it because it’s just not my thing, and ended up being charmed by it all to buy both books anyway. So thank you!

11 Likes

welcome to the cult fam, where we idolise our four favourite people of the Unit Bravo and dwell in angst from top to bottom. sometimes we love living dangerously by playing the love triangle route. we are solemnly loyal to the creator Sera who is just chefs kiss amazing. here have some cookies :cookie::cookie::cookie: as a warm welcome

6 Likes

Let me guess, bad experience with Twilight? I had that same problem too :sweat_smile:

Anyways, welcome to the cult as @Gorge_Lllol and @Alisha_Houghton said, and here’s some more cookies in case we didn’t give you enough :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

I third this :grin: (can you third anything? idk :joy:)

You’re a bit underselling it :joy:

That makes me think, does real-life disinfectant brands exist in TWC? Then what brand M would use if they had to “clear the air”?

4 Likes

I’m going to put this here instead ok :blush::cookie:

@moonfungus Lol you certainly can. For me romantic vamps=Interview W The Vampire Lestat & John Carpenters Vampires Valek :wink:
And TWC of course. :blush: M will get there eventually but LT on the other hand :disappointed_relieved:

Umm M would use something like Easy Off Bam! You know “Bam! And the dirt love is gone!”
What do you think?
I can see A & N as neat freaks btw :blush:

1 Like

@Alex_Parker_Roberts I posted about this earlier in the thread, but you can @[username] multiple people in one post. You can also double-click text in someone else’s post and press the quote button, which you can do multiple times in one post. I’ve hidden the rest of the information under the header since it’s very off-topic and it’s probably worth making a separate topic in the future if you have these questions.

How to Merge Posts

[quote="Alex_Parker_Roberts, post:2041, topic:78624"] I am asking is how do you mesh various posts together like you are doing. [/quote]

[quote="Alex_Parker_Roberts, post:2041, topic:78624"] I can’t try something if I don’t know how to do it [/quote]

That’s how it looks in code. I literally double-clicked on your first sentence, clicked quote, then did the exact same with your second sentence. It won’t necessarily notify everyone the same way it would if you clicked reply on their post, which is why it’s worth @[username] for everyone you quote.

For future reference, this post has a useful summary of almost all the functions you can do in a forum post, if you get confused about how to do anything. This forum uses pretty similar formatting to most forums, though, so if you’ve ever been on one it’s just an adapted form of Markdown called CommonMark.

So on a more on-topic note, I’m really curious about the identity of the traitor within the Agency. Won’t lie, I’m a bit dismayed Seraphinite’s already ruled out any suspects introduced in Book 1 - I love angst (although not enough to do the LT :laughing:), so it’d be interesting for us to build up a relationship with the traitor before their betrayal is revealed.

Also assuming the aunt is the leader of the rogues, which seems likely, I’d love to be able to build up a relationship with her. Especially since my detective feels abandoned by Rebecca and refuses to accept her back just because it’s a convenient relationship for Rebecca now - between that and their father’s death, my detective would be very eager to build a relationship with their aunt.

14 Likes

Thank you so much, this is my first forum I’ve ever been on so I’m still learning the various formatting tricks. I just discovered that post a few minutes ago and I have bookmarked it
Thanks again for explaining it to me

4 Likes

Oh definitely, A & N are clean freaks for sure. As for F…let me say this; rainbow colored socks :grin:

It took me almost a year to learn it, so yeah, at least you’re a faster learner than me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

How on earth did you guess?

I appreciate all the cookies from everyone and the welcome! :smiley:

3 Likes

@moonfungus So do I :joy: What can I say F got style lol

Umm yeah I joined like last month and still getting the hang of it all too so don’t sweat it.
@moonfungus @Gorge_Lllol Oi where’s my cookies?!

@theredwoman Heres my 2 cents on this; I’m probably way off the mark here but Why do I get the feeling Auntie killed our dad or played a role in his demise? Falk hints at her powerhungry nature and my MCs would want nothing to do with her I don’t think. Since she’s the Rogues leader it might be beneficial to persuade her to join the Agency but I just can’t see that happening. I can see Rebecca getting very much hurt though. I guess My canon people person MC might want to get to know her tentatively but UB & Mum are all the family she needs. Auntie POV would still be very interesting to see though!

@theredwoman Excellent points.

You know I never even considered the possibility of that. Could that choice be the darkness Sanja hinted at with our RO? Having to choose would be truly heartbreaking for me. Agency does seem a tad on the shady side, my M romancing MC is loyal to UB, not the Agency per se but considering UB loyalty to the Agency it will be a tough decision to be sure. Can’t see that going down well with A or M. Last thing she wants is to make waves but if Aunt is revealed to be…reasonable and willing to connect with MC it will devastate her in many ways especially if tasked to confront Aunt. I’m really curious about the identity of the leak. Elidor has been ruled out by Sera, that leaves Tapeesa and Vieno but I’m in two minds about them. How will the ex UB member factor into all this…Edit: If MC gets kidnapped I’m going to be very unimpressed. First Murphy then Aunt? Yeah nah thanks but no thanks. I don’t care about the reasons ie Aunt wanting a relationship, it’s traumatic enough to be kidnapped once.

@Gorge_Lllol Yeah Kleenex: Check. Comfort Choccies: Check. Sappy sad songs: Check. Cigs I’ll be chainsmoking when Book 3 (or 5) angst hits: Check. (Smoking is bad for you guys please don’t do it. I’m old enough to know better but too young to care.)

@moonfungus Thanks for the :cake: yay that’s even better. I’ll never Ever say no to cake!

Amen brother.

Sanja can keep her bloody ominous prophecies. No way my MCs would ever part from M & A! :grimacing:

5 Likes

Fair point - given the prophecies Sonja gives to UB, I think we’ll likely see a major choice split right in the last book either to side with the aunt or remain with UB and/or the Agency. I could even see the aunt having the detective kidnapped so she can talk to them on her own, especially since the trappers try to go for the MC when they heard their name in the tunnels.

Partially for the blood, I’m sure, but the relationship might be another factor. I definitely would love to see the MC have the choice to get attached to the aunt - obviously it depends on the MC, but the aunt is their only link to their father (at least since any grandparents on that side haven’t been mentioned). Also how dodgy the Agency is has been mentioned more than a few times in-game, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the leak is potentially more intentional than we’d think.

I don’t think an ending where we stick with UB but split from the Agency would necessarily be too surprising - especially since somehow the Agency doesn’t know that the rogues have a leader but said rogues are willing to reveal this fact to any group that isn’t allied with the Agency yet? It’s hard to believe someone hasn’t covered that up within the Agency.

9 Likes

i am just gonna put that there, to brace ourselves for whats coming in the future

i think im not ready

ok honestly i think i am lying when i say im not ready :joy: but i live for moments like these (can you blame me).

and I think we are all masochists here to not enjoy those angsty moments

4 Likes

Trade secrets, can’t tell😁

:cookie::cookie::cookie: as for the late delivery of the cookies, here’s a cake :cake:

Huh, interesting. So aunt vs UB? No thanks aunty, I didn’t take 6 books worth of angst just to get separated with A in the last book :sweat_smile:

Plus, I don’t think Sera will introduce that in the last book. It’s gonna fee too rushed, unless Book 7 is a massive behemoth, which is of course, good for us :grin:

Can I just say how accurate this is😅?

All hail the future angst Sera will torment us with!

4 Likes

So, I have read books both one and two, and here are my theories.
What we saw in the carnival scene with Nat has something to do with her abilities, yes. Probably had something to do with the fact that she had just become avampire, and her abilities would’ve just manifested. She was angry, so she lashed out with them. And that haunts her.
The one who harmed Morgan, assuming that they are the one who turned her, I believe should be hunted down, drag back to the agency in a box, with a cage mask over their face, and given to Morgan as a present to do with as she Will‘s.
I was a little surprised about the aqua world, I assume that it was essentially the modern world, but with supernatural’s. Although, I guess a mediaeval setting would make sense. Supernaturals would sort of change the human perspective, and I guess after a while if humans knew that vampires and such existed, and if we assume humans would react the same way as most of the human population on this world if they new vampires existed, supernaturals would probably have a vested interest in ensuring that humans did not get stuff like say, tanks, automatic weapons, flamethrowers, stuff like that.
Especially considering what happen with Farah, the ones who hunted her and her mother.
Also, I wonder if as a human, Morgan was an empath. That would explain her hypersensitive, if the vampiric manifestations work the way I think they do. That might also be why she has close herself off, and the whole reason for all the sex, since there is a empath called a sexual empath. Look it up, it’s actually pretty interesting.
The way of his character is portrayed makes sense, she’s a 900-year-old Norman warrior, having to deal with stuff like acclimating to the modern world as a human would be difficult enough. Having to deal with that, with the fact that she’s numb to emotions, in my opinion the only way that she would have not gone insane, and now they’re coming back, but for a human, somebody who is at the very least 1/10 as strong as she is. Yes, I can understand why she is hesitant. She’s afraid of harming, breaking, possibly killing. Yes, I can most definitely understand that. However, it is sad, and I hope that she is able to open up in the later books. Acknowledge her feelings fully.
I’m going to assume that at some point your PC is going to become a vampire? Also, if that is the case, will the person that your character romances dictate what powers you get. That might actually be interesting, if your abilities depend on the vampire who turns you, as well as yourself. There could be some interesting situations there.
Your detective would kind of sort of have to become some sort of supernatural, unless there was a gimmick where you could live forever, otherwise at some point you’re going to realize that no matter how good everything is now, and about 80 years, your character is going to die, and the person that you romance is going to go into a spiral of depression that they may or may not ever come out of. Different versions, for the different characters in the team.
In regards to the leak, yes, I understand why you might think that a lighter, or one of unit an Alpha might be the leak. However, I don’t actually see why. As far as I know, supernaturals have the most to lose if the agency falls. However, again, the best spy, the best mall, is the one that you do not expect. The one that you look at, dismiss, and move on.
Also, I have a rather large crush on Nat now. However, that is partly because in my opinion, as who I am now, if I were to be dropped into that universe, preferably with some sort of abilities so I don’t just promptly have my mind wiped, also, all memories of the Wii Haven books, and anything involving them removed, since lying about something because you do not remember it is one thing. Lying about something that you are fully aware of, that’s just being an asshole, I would probably gravitate mostly towards her.
So yeah, that’s about it for now.

6 Likes

Maybe but not before a healthy helping of M backstory angst. It probably might be something to do with M military background. Assuming M maker is to blame I also can see a standoff between M and sire that might endanger MC etc. Not sure about this scenario though, maybe experimentations were forced upon a kidnapped M during WW1. There are theories & speculations pertaining to that somewhere on this forum. Regarding M sexual nature I believe Sera said intimacy is sort of relief for M hypersenses and that’s why they do it so much. Personally my MC would be more than happy to provide said relief for Mason as much as possible.

I think Sera mentioned on Tumblr MC will stay human for the duration of the series. A choice to be turned by RO at the end of Book 7 might be presented Idk. Also don’t forget Murphy altered blood coursing thru MC veins may possibly prolong life but again idk. I myself love the uber angst of doomed love between human & immortal but that’s just me. Happy ending may be in the cards I leave it to our beloved and talented TWC author.

Edit
@ArchivistAlpha096 As for the leak my money’s on (perhaps disgruntled/disillusioned)ex UB member :grimacing: They may have been moved down the ranks to another team or left the Agency altogether but still in the know somehow idk they may be innocent but the suspense is killing me lol

@ArchivistAlpha096 If memory serves (again taking this from Sara’s site) vampiric transformation is a stressful process which involves injecting mortal with venom that vampires produce. And still it’s no guarantee that will work and human may very well die. If M asks to turn my MC she’d definitely be on board with that; M is the love of her life after all.

Oh gods no. It is problematic Bobby knew about the disease infecting the humans of Wayhaven but that man will do anything for a good scoop :roll_eyes: Bobby is a pest lol. Can you imagine him joining the Rogues? I’m sure the Agency would have something to say about that. Bobby’s good for nothing but the angst potential on their route :joy:

Ummm yeah nah M would hate the claustrophobic confines of a tank for sure. Sensory deprivation tank for a gift idea for M? :no_mouth: omg. That’s just cruel lol.

2 Likes

I guess I can see where you’re going. The whole doomed love is not really my cup of tea, but yeah, that’s just my opinion.
Removing for a moment, that if you are correct, the MC is probably going to remain human. Which, will probably make the story more interesting anyway, having the MC become a supernatural may or may not mess up some things, just because you will probably get a power boost.
Logically, if I was the romantic interest, and I knew the MC wouldn’t object, I’d be going: I like this person, this person is human, in 80 or so years, this person is going to die, which is going to make me sad. Presumably, I know how to change someone into a vampire, since I was changed myself. Morgan may or may not, but she probably would anyway, since she’s probably looked it up at some point.
I suspect Farah almost certainly would, it seems like something that she would do given her personality.
So, why not to change the person into a vampire, thus allowing them to live forever, they won’t die, and they won’t break if they get punched by something that will be running up against.
Granted, considering what happened when Murphy injected vampire blood into the MC, depending on how exactly the process of being turned into a vampire works, there might be complications. Actually, that could be a sort of running theme, if you are correct and the MC has the option of being turned at the end of the series, that could be a subplot where your romantic interest is researching a way to turn you into a vampire, or whatever else, depending on how all the paths go. Anyway, just my thoughts.
Also, would kind of be funny if it turns out later down the line that Bobby is either some sort of supernatural, or knew about the supernatural the entire time, and then you just look around, face palm, and be like: things would’ve been a lot simpler if I just let her in on stuff. Either way, depending on how everything turns out she could be a good source. Especially if she found out about the whole disease thing before you did. And before I am going to assume the agency? Since I can’t see exactly why they wouldn’t of told you right away, since you are the human liaison to waive Haven.

1 Like