The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

yeah, sorry for the lack of information. It seem the error may be about achievement. The error message was: 0_8_trials line 483: Non-existent variable ‘achieve’

Ah there it is, that should be all fixed now.

The people call me a tyrant but the slaves call me their liberator.
The people call me dishonorable but clever ones call me cunning.
So many opinions from so many sides but In the end do their opinions even matter when their homes are safe and their food cabinets full?

2 Likes

is it me or the merchant background is alot more usefull than the others, compare it to the apostate background for example with 5500 extra crown you could use 4000 of them to get the medical upgrade and have the same advantage that of the apostate while still having 1500 more crown to help buy something else. It just struck me as odd. Interesting update, I liked seeing how the story changed from the original in particular the way you can earn a moniker and the new character, Thalia.

@faewkless I think I’m gonna quote that… perhaps frame it, but definitely quote that :thumbsup:
@vampierkid222 This lack of sleep is getting to me today >.< Now it should be fixed.
@Laurence_David Well, that bit’s up for discussion. I suppose that was left there on accident. But I tend to find balance in things. Each stat comes with its immediate and long term benefits and pit fall.

The merchant may have an immediate benefit of crowns that will aid them in a variety of ways if used wisely. I- could it be? I paved the path for a background that overshadows the others? Don’t worry, a disadvantage will be found soon enough :smiling_imp:

Try to keep her under control, hehe, Thalia will be quite a bit of fun or a headache.

4 Likes

Nope I still get the same error every time I pick the last choice about slaves.

Adviser Rolo/b]: "You would place our emperor’s fate in the hands of someone else because of looks? Besides, he doesn’t look very seasoned."

Rolo sentence is in strong character in contrary to the others advisors plus the whole Adviser Rolo/b] instead of just Adviser Rolo

also, still a bug when you try to make slavery legal

@vampierkid222 Now… it should work.
@Laurence_David Could you explain a bit more on the Rolo piece? When you say he’s in strong character are you saying he’s putting himself above the other advisers or were you getting at something else?

(The extra /b] has been fixed also)

I shall give it another go then wish me luck.

I would hope to believe that would be the last and final bug, in that case, feel free to save if it was a success. I hope for the best, else there goes the achievements :cry:

2 Likes

well english is not my first language so it must be not the correct term but strong characters is like that.

Other sell beef, pork, lamb and chicken. I sell meat of a different kind.

Bwhahahahaha… I will make slaves of my enemies!

Let the revival of the gladiatorial games commence!

@Laurence_David Ah, you meant code wise, then yes that’s been fixed.

@Knightstrike Beware uprisings. Too many slaves tend to destabilize a nation, and we all know what happens to unstable nations :wink:

I may be over thinking this but when you choose the two people help u get ready for the bath part, is that choosing which gender u like

got the same impression i actually love it. Great way to integrate your charries gender or at least the one they want to be perceived as but thats depending on how people tend to react to their lord sexuality. Well eitherway i liked it.

Oh and i hope i can romance my paragons. I love Thalia.

The bath scene isn’t picking your gender or sexual orientation surprisingly enough.

The servants were needed, but I know some people might feel uncomfortable with the wrong gender cleaning them.

@DisturbedOne Paragons are romancable happily enough.

I would add orientations, but it really doesnt matter in the game. Though when it comes to a heir the mc can always take the choice of adopting or fostering.

4 Likes

Naturally I feel for you, the Immortal can definitely vouch for that :wink:, though my legacy is just oh so important. How will I be remembered? Will people create a holiday remembering my name o.o Will there be a statue built? (ah who cares if someone builds one for me, I’ll build one myself while I’m alive :smile:)

Simply put, if I have to slave to keep my nation running and feeding my people, that power is going to stay in the bloodline, for the heir that gives the bloodline trouble… a scolding from beyond the grave, a scolding to be passed on for generations.

I hope you love the repercussions just as much as the order :smiley:

2 Likes

Generally speaking allowing slaves en mass into the country would remove the incentive to engage in technological advances as cheap labour becomes a viable alternative. Secondly it would likely depress wages in general which probably wouldn’t keep your population happy. Thirdly it tends to introduce a bunch of foreigners with nothing to lose which are from an espionage perspective is bad and slaves can instigate rather bloody uprisings. It seems like it would be introducing more problems into an unstable situation.

It seems to me like a needless distraction from rebuilding and conquering.

Very valid points there, aren’t they?

So why would anyone sanely choose to have it? Ignoring the “Because I can” mantra. Other than the idea of easier diplomatic dealings with an enemy empire that are reliant on slavery, not to mention if you were to conquer the nation, you would have experience or at least a means of dealing with them rather than a ‘conflict of change’.

Then there are slavers who secretly do their business in your lands and causing enough problems as is, at least legally you would be able to monitor them and exact proper punishment.

Though on the other end your points balance that out :stuck_out_tongue: Slavery or Liberation. Both have their benefits and both have their cruel undertakings.

Which brings to question… if there “are” too many slaves in the nation… what would our dear ruler do? Kill them to downsize? Free most? Stop trade?

2 Likes