Terminal: A Tale about an End

Well I named the main guy Stella…his parents wanted a girl lol

Well I wanted a girl mc option so were does that leave us …

I want a girl, Mara cant be a poison boy X(

Yeah I don’t like to picture myself as boy I look like Thor and it sucks

Nobody thinking in girls here Roslyn, we are alone

Girl power has failed crap

I think this game is well done… But im tired of jrpg and this game launch the same lack of real opcions, at least for now

Yeah no real idea of were this game is going in plot terms

@Roslyn_samalt06 I may be mistaken, but I think that’s actually the whole point? We start so many games knowing what it’s all about, who we are, where we come from… if not in advance then certainly within the first few pages. I find the mystery and intrigue here refreshingly different.

Well for me, are not refreshing lot of rpg start with a boy without memory. Its well written and its free, but it doesnt inflame my imagination,i have a sense of deja vu while i was reading it

@MaraJade I was referring to ChoiceScript games in particular (being the subject matter of this forum) but I concede the point that if we consider the games hobby as a whole, there is little truly unique these days and deja vu is to be expected where virtually any “new” game is concerned, especially the plotlines for RPGs.

Yes you got the point @Vendetta but the good games or stories make people forget that, at least when they are reading or playing the game. I cant forgeting and get into the story

@MaraJade

Name the girl Mara if I read the earlier posts right the MC changes so I assume you name her because you’ll become her at some point.

@irule9344
I’ve tweaked the UI, made the shadows look a little less ‘dirty’ and more ‘sleek’, in the new/unuploaded version.
I’ve started writing ACT II but am planning for it to be a little bit (or a lot) longer than the former, so it could be a while longer yet. Thanks for the post though, it’s always nice to know there’s someone waiting for it (keeps me motivated)! :smiley:

@Roslyn_samalt06 @MaraJade
As @Nocturnal_Stillness has pointed out and I’ve already stated, there is no ‘Main Character’ - You merely start with a guy’s perspective. The reason you can rename ‘Alice’ is because you’ll be playing from her standpoint just as much as “Fin’s” in later chapters, quite possibly even in the next release. They’re not the only two characters you’ll be playing as either, so feel free to consider whichever one you like as ‘you’.

I might go back and make it a little clearer that Fin is a guy though, just so you hold onto your female names a while longer :wink:

In regards to the plot, truth be told, even I don’t know EXACTLY where this is going right now, and I honestly think that’s how it should be. As @Vendetta might be implying, a lot of game stories appear to be too well thought-out and actually begin to get somewhat predictable and overly cliché. I’m deliberately thinking ‘only-so-far’ ahead with this to make sure my ideas are as fresh, random and whimsical as possible.

Even the ‘gameplay’ might change drastically from chapter to chapter, or ACT to ACT.

If you want some hint as to what kind of game this is going to be though, I won’t lie I do take a lot of inspiration from JRPGs - So a fair percentage of your choices won’t actually do anything but take you down a different ‘narrative’ path (In the first ACT for example, it doesn’t matter if you try to read Alice’s diary or not, you won’t be able to either way.), the choices that do “matter” however, will be large and hold much bigger ramifications.

@CJW thanks for the clarification, but the story is well written… i loved jrpgs almost all my life but i have started to hate it with all my heart since last final fantasy and this mechanic of shift the story mixt the time. But in reallity your choices dont only be fake they SEEM fake. I dont critize your story until read more, maybe you will do it right and make the characters memorables and make the player into them, i wish you luck

@CJW, I am also expecting the new act…but a rule says “Please do not post “any update?” or “when is it coming out?” or anything along those lines.” so I restrained myself from asking. Don’t think there aren’t people waiting for your game, they are many :slight_smile:

I also like the fact you’re playing as multiple characters. It reminds me of Heavy Rain/Fahrenheit. I love those games.

@MaraJade - I plan to add a lot of ‘clarification’ at the start of ACT II, hopefully the progression will begin to get a little clearer from there on, I’ll try not to disappoint!

@AlexCosarca I’m personally not overly fond of that rule, although I can see why it’s in place (“Dead project is dead” comments for e.g.), I believe people asking for updates is actually very motivating. If no one commented on this thread for six months I’d be thinking, “oh no one cares, why bother?” - So I actually have no problem with people asking about where I’m up to, I encourage it even, it stops me getting distracted on other things :slight_smile:

I’m glad you like the perspective idea, it’s something I’ve wanted to try for a while now, although I’m still concerned about how well I’ll be able to pull it off. I guess the only way is to write it and see…

On a site note, my Firefox seems to have broke and is refusing to play any music… Is anyone else having this problem? Had the sound for FF turned off… -.-’

@CJW - this is a really nice start. The whole presentation is very slick - particularly the fade in. The music is nice too, but it would be nice to have an option to turn it off - it’s nice to give the user the whole experience (I appreciate music can be important for setting the feeling of a piece) though.

I think if anything it’s proof that even a deceptively simple game (i.e. short descriptions) can be as interesting and as entertaining as more complex ones. I await the next chapter with interest!

@bawpie - Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. You can actually already turn the music off though (check the options ;D).

I’m really glad people like the minimalism - I’ll definitely aim to keep it a standard throughout subsequent chapters.

Which isn’t necessary bad