You have amnesia. The rest, you’ll find out as you go.
Trigger warning: Graphic violence and death, Gender dysphoria (precautionary tag for trans players), Anxiety disorder, References to past child abuse(only period typical for mc, less so for spouse).
Any explicit sexual acts will be fully consensual and optional.
NOTE: You, as the player and the character, have no agency over the past. Who you used to be is set in stone (except for sex/gender/name). But if you find out enough about your past and the present, you can change who you are now.
You remember nothing. Your spouse won’t let you leave. Your mind is in a grey box separated from your memories, and the only way out is down. Dig your way into yourself. Better be prepared to get your hands filthy with what you find in there.
You wake up in a cabin in the woods with no memory but the chill of water in your lungs. A person who claims to be your spouse has been taking care of you. The coma has left you barely able to walk. You have to recover your health, and your memory. An extended vacation in the cabin sounds like a peaceful opportunity for recovery. But dangers lurk within your own mind. Are you sure you want to open your eyes?
Seven days in Purgatory is a psychological thriller ripe with philosophical musings and sensuality. Taste, hear, think, feel, love… Run.
Author’s note: I have nothing to say for myself other than that I was agitated and stressed, and wanted to make you all suffer with me as soon as possible.
- Some of you may have already caught on to what is going on. Tell me your theories and make sure to black them out with spoiler tags.
- Any grammatical/code/spelling/fact error that you find, please tell me.
- If you want any dialogue choices added, or any other content you want to see added, leave a suggestion in the comments.
- If you wish to discuss the adult content, the nsfw thread is here (but it’s closed so just dm me): https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/till-death-do-us-part-nsfw-thread-july-17th-update-1-7/60141
- Tell me about your MC! Name, gender, personality, opinion… anything you want. It really helps.
Link to demo: https://dashingdon.com/play/respawntheory/seven-days-in-purgatory/mygame/
cf. Chapter title explanations are in Stats.
avg. playthrough: 17k
code wordcount: 24925
(Follow the writing process on ko-fi, whip the writer to make it go faster)