Prodigal (HeroFall Spoilers)

@Shoelip Write that then. :slight_smile:

@Jcury No, imagine if they actually allowed for user contributions? It would be a mess. Besides, I’m sure Zachary wrote things the way he did for a reason. He surely got feedback on Prodigal’s death during the beta-test, and he chose to keep it as it is.

I don’t think entering a reality tv show contest is really redemption. That’s just another fame grab.

I do have a couple of other suggestions for endings.

Black Magic’s supposed to be exceptionally powerful, and also has skill in manipulating life energies. We know that heroes can heal each other. Yet you can’t ask Black Magic to save Jenny, or to save Prodigal. I wonder why not? Couldn’t you beg? Of course, I don’t think Black Magic would willingly save Prodigal, not after everything she’s done. And Black Magic is innately selfish, so what could you offer?

I think I’d get down on my hands and knees and beg Black Magic. “Save her. If you do I’ll give you my powers, my very life force to drain as you please. I will do this willingly, so you can be the hero you’ve always wanted to be, this time without the moral problems.”

And that brings me to my second question, surely if people are aware of exactly how powerful Black Magic is, not to mention that Black Magic is gorgeous, wouldn’t there be fans more than willing to lend their life energies (since it just leaves you drained, not dead) to Black Magic? A little from every fan, and those non-powered fans could truly feel like they’re making a difference. Of course Black Magic’s a hot mess, and them having that sort of power is likely such a bad idea, it will undoubtedly go horribly wrong, but still.

2 Likes

@FairyGodfeather I don’t think I could. I’m not very creative. Just analytical. I’d do great in ancient pre-christian Rome if it weren’t for all the misogyny, racism, slavery, and lack of modern science. But the Romans loved taking ideas from other and fine tuning them. Plus I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the story nearly as much if I already knew everything that was going to happen.

1 Like

How exactly do you get the martyr ending? I have gotten the relationship to 2% with her and even then Prodigal chooses to show up to save the protagonist at the end. Just let my hero die, gosh.

1 Like

@Cyril Prodigal… Such a control freak.

2 Likes

@Shoelip Oh I know. Jeez Prodigal, save some dying for the rest of us.

1 Like

@Cyril I seem to be having the same issue. I’ve tried everything, at this point I’d be delighted to see my character die, as sadistic as that sounds. And @FairyGodfeather brings up some interesting ideas regarding Black Magic’s abilities.

@Cyril You die when and how Prodigal says you do. You are her nemesis, but more importantly, you’re her marionette. Incapable of taking any action she did not ordain or approve. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh oops. There’s a stat I missed out on.

Checking through the code, it looks like it’s some choices in chapter five.

“Whatever happens, you still have a better chance of finding Miss Artillery with me than without me,” Prodigal says, seeing Jenny’s hesitation. “Even at my weakest, my Powers will be invaluable navigating the Blessed Vessel and locating mother darling’s whereabouts within.”

In the choice after that, if you say she’s expendable, or you’ll never trust her she won’t save you.

You might also have to fail really bad at the fighting, get your health extremely low. I’m not sure, just looking at the code to try and work it out.

Oh, you know what really broke my heart about the whole Prodigal thing? That we never even got to hear her real name (if she had one, that is).
It seemed incredibly tragic that, if you romanced her, your MC had to let her go knowing her only as the villain Prodigal. It would have been nice (but also incredibly sad) if maybe in the epilouge it turned out that Prodigal left our Hero a message (considering she knew she was dying anyway) or something that she signed with her real name.

Also, I would have loved to use the message on the Hero’s parents’ ring more often than just for Grandma. It would have been a fine parting message to your LI before the big fight…or in Prodigal’s case, a goodbye.

4 Likes

@FairyGodFeather @Fallingcups
Have you seen the alternate ending in the game?

*spoiler warning*

I’m not going to spoil all of it, but you and Black Magic both have the power to create life. From scratch even. Why you can do this, and not cure Prodigal is beyond me.

Technically, you could also say that your character used your life creating powers to recreated Prodigal after the battle. Though that is serious fanfic territory, and I can’t even imagine how that would go over in story.
MC: “So I found out that I can create life last night. Pretty neat stuff am I right? Oh, and on a probably completely unrelated note, Prodigal is alive again.” Sips coffee. “So thats a thing.”

1 Like

I’ve heard a lot of anti black magic talk does that relate mainly to this or the second game?

I have read all the alternative endings.

I don’t think you could recreate Prodigal on your own. With Black Magic perhaps you could but I don’t see why Black Magic would want to. Have they even interacted? I can’t remember.

But heh. You should totally write that fanfic, @From_Beginnings

3 Likes

I was so torn between Black magic and Prodigal I had to do a double play through. I know she was a total witch in part 2…but…I loved her. Totally got a pay off in that…but I don’t think she would like me reviving my Yandere stalker. And I’m not sure the world could survive the cat fight that would result in that.

5 Likes

Well if you think about it your mc was rushed had not time to think or sleep in the hero project and I agree I loved romancing prodigal one if the most devolved people in the game. Also the jury romance was cool too. And lucky was as well. Does anyone know if we can romance jenny in the final part?

I think it is pretty obvious that regardless of choosing a romantic relationship with Prodigal, she is obsessively and insanely in love with the MC. Some of the things seen in options when you go into her memories point strongly towards this.

I was slightly disappointed with the Jury and Lucky relationships. It felt like there were some missed opportunities for extra dialogue when opting for these relationships that would have made them that much more memorable. Also, more naughty time. But that could just be the perv in me talking.

1 Like

@StarWarsMaster Yep, you can romance Jenny if you kissed her at the end of part 2 (well i’m not sure if it is required). She was my choice since the first part and i liked it that their relationship developed in this part quite rapidly :slight_smile:

But Jenny’s only interested in girls right?

@hahaha01357 Sadly, :’(

I personally think Jenny was the prefect match for my character. She’s been with my character through thick and thin, she is my characters best friend also apart of the family and knows my character more than anyone else. Besides she is very intelligent, funny, awesome fighter and great friend! (I’m so crushing on this fictional character lol)

Anyways, she was the prefect lover for my character. They were two rookies that became great heroes and saved the city more than once! Just like The Sound and The Fury!

However, when I found out that we can romance Prodigal before the game release I knew I had to try out this scenario. After getting to understand Prodigals back story which wasn’t much a big surprise. It made sense why who she was and what she been through alone all her life. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for her and wanting to be her true love which made that story very interesting. I made my character single in Hero Project (my 4th saved account) so I can not have any romantic ties with anyone but Prodigal.

So after reading though Hero Fall again as Prodigals lover I began to feel like I was Batwoman in love with Harley Quinn. (She reminds me of Harley). It was so off putting that it totally made no sense like it was way out of character of my character. But I did like the bedroom scene between us chickens. :slight_smile:

I knew there isn’t anyway to stop Prodigals death it was already her true fate and her mother too. So the ending was very bittersweet, my character will forever love her but as long that Prodigal knew she was loved even after death.

Unfortunately, I hope the author will give us the opportunity to have a better happy (S&M) ending with Prodigal. :wink: He did say he will post alternate endings on The Hero Rise Facebook page.

As for Black Magic and Lucky, I haven’t play through my character’s romance with them yet. I like the characters but Black Magic feels more like a ex-Girlfriend that later became a great ally and Lucky a childhood friend. They don’t seem to fit well with my character but I am curious. And like I said before, I feel that my character suited well with Jenny over all.

1 Like

I thought that Jenny and Prodigal were by far the best love interests. I loved Black Magic but since Hero Project she did nothing but disappoint me. Lucky and Jury ending were okay but I expected more interaction.

1 Like