Paradox Factor

Have you found a way yo get past 50? I’m currently stuck and i really need help. Thanks in advanced.

The biggest trick to the game is to always consider what you are lacking. What is wrong with your life? It’s been a while since I played/made the game, but usually once you figure out what change could potentially make your life better, you can find how to continue further into the game. :slight_smile:

Honestly I hate this game. I am an optimistic man who wish for all the best and that there is no good outcome for is nothing I can accept.

1 Like

It might be a glitch but I can’t get anywhere at all. I chose my name, gender, gender of my spouse and that is it. I then get a list of options to see my past self at 18, 20, 22, 30, and two options for age 35. I have tried all the possibilities to try and move forward and I got nowhere. It is like the code is stuck in a loop. If anyone knows how I can fix this or if it will need to be fixed by the producer I would be grateful if you could let me know! I’d like to get further in this game and see where it take me.

The game is a loop! But what you do is keep trying out new choices at different points, and things will start to go differently, and you’ll unlock new additional choices… eventually unlocking endings.

3 Likes

Hi all, I discovered this game on @Dpwjeremy’s suggestion. I like it very much - reminds me of Recursion (Blake Crouch) or the movie Source Code.

Now I’m stuck, and I would need some help.

I won the lottery at age 19, and I married Gwen (instead of Beth). I don’t see any other choice to move forward. I’m unable to buy the gun or join the gym

Thanks for any tips!

Well I stuck at a point

I got the ending where we stay alone without a family. Then I tried to get paradox ending but failed. I have saved my kids, poisoned Jim, saved the Professor so far and I have not figured out what to do with year 36

Edit: Nevermind

I was able to finish the game. It’s really well written and compelling. And it will leave you with a deep philosophical question. Strongly recommended.

1 Like

Big announcement!

Paradox Factor is going to be released on Steam alongside Life of a Star Force Captain.

To celebrate this, I am currently in the process of getting new artwork and I’ll be fixing up a few things in the game, such as a nonbinary option. So, if you are aware of any bugs/errors, let me know. Now is the time!

9 Likes

In the ending where you change things so that you never get together with your (main) spouse, it mentions “Your children were never conceived, so they never knew pain,” but if you and your spouse are the same gender, your children are stated to have been adopted, so under those circumstances, your children should still have been born, just never adopted by you.

In this block, I’m pretty sure “in your wheelchair” isn’t supposed to be in the second variant:

*if (kidnap_injury)
	You sit in your wheelchair
*if (kidnap_injury=false)
	You sit in your wheelchair
2 Likes

Fixed. It was a good moment to fix, because I’ve added a nonbinary option too. :slight_smile:

Actually, I believe this was already fixed. The code I have uses multi-replace, so you may have an old version. I’m not sure if all the platforms have the same version or not. They’ll all be fixed and updated with this patch though.

Thanks again @TSSL

There are no known bugs at this time: May 15th, 2022.

2 Likes

you have to join martial arts club at 19, then at 20 when feeling winded have a more active life stile while with the gun club, buy gun

I am stuck at the living apart ending, i cant seem to find options to go to other endings