New Hosted Game! "Life of a Space Force Captain"—Live a futuristic life as a starship captain!

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

Have you ever wanted to be the captain of a faster-than-light starship? You will live a full life starting as a young child of the future.

It’s 33% off until May 12th!

Play as human, various species of alien, or even a robot. With the help of your friends and your loyal, upgradable robo-pet, you will go to school to learn skills of your own choosing before taking a position as a lowly cadet.

You’ll choose which department to join and rise within as the Solar System trembles in fear when a powerful foe threatens its very existence.
Will you master the psionic arts or use technology to enhance yourself with cybernetics? Will you follow the rules or will you do whatever is necessary? The choice is yours in Life of a Space Force Captain!

• A new look at the Lucidverse. After the Lost Heir , Life of a Wizard , and the Last Wizard , there was New Daria (home of Life of a Mobster and Paradox Factor .) This story takes place a few hundred years after that.
  • 6 Friends with full back stories, character arcs, and possible romances, if you wish.
  • Cybernetic Implants vs Psionic Skills
  • An upgradeable faithful robo-pet companion.
  • 5 distinct departments to join (Engineering, Medical, Science, Navigation, and Security)
  • 7 Traits: Strength, Agility, Endurance, Perception, Willpower, Charm, and Intelligence.
  • 9 Skills: Combat, Computers, Ranged Weapons, Leadership, Mechanics, Medicine, Pilot, Science, Streetwise
  • 6 Fully Playable Species: Aurellian (beautiful bio-luminescent alien), Linnera (giant cockroach with hive mind), Orrok (strong four-armed alien), Reticulan (traditional bald, grey-skinned, black-eyed alien), Solarian (human), Synthetic Humanoid (robot)
  • 21 exciting and unique endings.

Life of a Space Force Captain author Mike Walter’s classic Hosted Game, Paradox Factor is back— and we’ve released it on Steam for the very first time! Now with new art and a new option to play as nonbinary, you can enjoy Paradox Factor for 50% off until May 12th!

Mike Walter developed these games using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.

59 Likes

I had a blast when I first beta tested the game. I’m glad to be able to play this game once more.

9 Likes

Play Stellaris while reading this for maximum immersion.

8 Likes

What is the word count for this game?

2 Likes

Purchased! I’m setting my phasers on…fun!

12 Likes

~ 340,000 - 350,000 words

7 Likes

Just got it, let’s see how this goes…

1 Like

Just picked it up! :+1:

Congratulations, @Lucid! One if your best works to date, in my opinion. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to entertain readers for so many years. I’ve already purchased and I can’t wait to see what you do next!

6 Likes

Yesss. Just got it. And it’s my day off.

4 Likes

I cannot wait to play, I’ve been waiting at work all day to finally sit down and start reading.

Now the big question, orrok or synth?

4 Likes

If you like robots synths there intresting tho evryones rasist to them pretty much

3 Likes

Gone through it twice now and I’ve gone cross-eyed from all the reading. Good story!

6 Likes

A Codex would be nice to have

7 Likes

Honestly i would say it reminds me more of Mass Effect than Stellaris (Linnera are a mixture of Vorcha and Turians, Oroks are like the Kett from andromeda but we don’t talk about andromeda, Synthetics are of course the Geth, Aurelians are pretty much Asari)

It simply aint Stellaris withouth the good ol fashioned unnintentional space war crimes, getting kicked in the balls by a Space Warlord while you are recovering your economy, getting bitchslapped by a army of sentient warships, getting hit with a baseball bat because a giant worm said so, and having your body be used as a match ring by two senile old folks that have the equivalent of the nuclear codes

15 Likes

The artwork looks like Timothee Chalamet in Dune.

4 Likes

Wow!! I really loved it!!

Another one of the great and beautiful games from HG That Impressed Me.

I love when that happens. Very good and captivating writing.

I Love It :heart::heart::heart_eyes:.

Congratulations :clap:t2:.

3 Likes

Haven’t had a chance to read the new one, but paradox factor is a great game. Highly recommend checking it out if you haven’t already :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I second this. It’s been one of my favorites for years.

4 Likes

It’s official. I want to blow up every Reticulan saucer in Darian space. Every time we meet them, they’re up to something even nastier than last time.

8 Likes