New Hosted Game! "Life of a Space Force Captain"—Live a futuristic life as a starship captain!

I have to say, I’m a little disappointed that the robot has to be humanoid when it’s explicitly stated that robots as a group can have forms that are not… but in terms of practicality it’s understandable why this was limited.

Just be prepared for headaches. It is good though.

5 Likes

I’m still feeling it out if I wanna buy it, but if I may make a suggestion of a sort of compendium because I’m just in the beginning and I’ve already forgotten what the different species are supposed to look like. So far I’m enjoying though except I have no idea what’s everyone looks like :joy:

5 Likes

Thank you for a great novel. Can you have psionic abilities as a Robot? Cheers.

4 Likes

Nope. Psionics are for meatsacks only.

Which kinda brings up a thought: I wonder if Reticulans should be able to get an extra psi ability during their training with Leo, to mirror the Synth advantage in cyber (and the Aurellians also getting a free psi power)?

4 Likes

Thanks. : )

Courtesy link: Anyone who spots a bug, please report it in this thread.

2 Likes

Sorry but i have to ask, i played the whole game already, but… I don’t see any advantage on keeping the robot for myself, i never used it (yeah i kept it and even fixed it), and the Artemis are not that useful either. Since both are thing we have to give up stats for a late reward, i was kind of expecting really good things, but no… So, I’m using this things wrong? There’s a really useful use for any of them?

5 Likes

Still playing, so can’t say for some possible late game advantages…
But one thing I noticed for Artemis I that it allows you to choose ANY department, instead of just those two you were great at Academy. That’s pretty nice flexibility both from narrative and gameplay/build point of view.

—edit—
On side note, you know you in too deep, when you read “squid of Suvarian soldiers” instead of “squad”…

2 Likes

Does the Cursed Ending mean that MC is a Werewolf? Technically with Animal DNA inside MC.

2 Likes

The robot saved my life at one point, I consider that an advantage. (Assuming you mean the pet robot or whatever it was called.)

4 Likes

This was so good, played through it three times already as different species. I can’t wait to play more! Now it’s the time to remember what choices raise what stat and to do better runs :+1::grin:

2 Likes

What point was that? It was the big or small robot? I used the small, so maybe the big one is more useful?

1 Like

Both have their uses

A small robot. I can’t recall the exact point, other than that it was one where I was in a fight and failed a skill check (so the robot swooped in).

3 Likes

This game got one of the coolest cover I’ve ever seen :heart_eyes:. Congrats on the release :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Another game from @Lucid! I sincerely hope it will be as good as the other ones or yet, better😊

1 Like

Just wanna make an update that I’ve bought the game and am currently enjoying it! It’s a bit fast paced for me so I’m taking down notes on an actual notebook :joy: (this is also me when I watched star wars and lotr!) my bad memory gets in the way of enjoying things, but I won’t let it stop me. I forever love lucid games huhu I played Daria (all 3 books) like 18373829911947382001x times and it never gets boring!

3 Likes

Out of context…
Life

I think that goes to top-10 of the most unexpected choices I ever saw in CoG or Hosted games. :rofl:

—edited—
Damn, I love Wilson

15 Likes

Re: The Artemis Society

It is in the background for a lot of the game( and I did join it in the first playthrough I did), but it does have some pretty sweet benefits.

-first off, it lets you choose what area you wanna work when graduating as opposed to having your stats guide you
-The secrets that you can get can be traded down the line for a nice secret to use with another faction
-finally, if you have 4 or more secrets by the final battle, you can cash them in to skip the final battle entirely.
Apogee gets mysteriously assassinated as opposed to you getting a grand final battle and you get the “Let’s Make a Deal” ending(the ending I got in my first run), where you join the Society in manipulating the world to their whims…
A touch underwhelming if you were looking for a grand old fight, but sometimes things need a lighter hand.

12 Likes

Might post a review when I have the time, but for now…

Luum is adorable. That is all.

7 Likes