Paradigm City discussion

Just one more thing, but what about the Maekir proof? They never send me anything and when I called them my character knew who contracted them but the info was never given to me.

It is not a bug, but I found it strange.
If you romance Naomi, managed to save Mirage and didn’t tell her to control the guards, you get this ending:

Al-Jinn remains with the team, performing as Aegis’ adjutant for as long as she remains in command. When asked what she might do when the Captain inevitably steps down, she shrugs and remarks that maybe she’ll take up teaching in Capetown. Strangely, she even seems to be sincere.

If you romance her, saved Mirage and your her to use her power on the guards, you get this ending:

[Spoiler]In the aftermath of Sentinel’s arrest, Al-Jinn seems to grow distant. After a tense, private discussion, you manage to find out the reason for it - using her powers to take control of officers of Paradigm City’s police force was not something she was comfortable with. Unsure of where she belongs, she ponders becoming an instructor in Capetown - if not for you, that is.

She remains with the team, performing as Aegis’ adjutant for as long as she remains in command. With any luck, she remarks, as time passes, she’ll be able to continue the tradition of such disciplined service for whomever takes command. She’s grinning at you, though, when she says it.[/spoiler]

What I find strange is that the second ending is better than the first, even if you told her to do something she truly dislike. Shouldn’t the first ending be better than the second?

Found another bug, in Chapter 2 it will never acknowledge that you went to the camp because of this:
*if (ch1_camping_trip = “True”)

The true should be without the capital letter.

I don’t know if this one is a bug or not, but it is impossible to pass the first power check when you are fighting Jottun. The check need the power to be higher than two, but the max power you can have at the time is 2.

2 Likes

One more bug: the achievement UNLIMTEDDD POWERRR is impossible to achieve.

It needs Power 8 to unlock, but the max Power possible is 7.

+1 in Capetown chapter. If you stay at the school you can train your power, or if you go to the camp you can get by using your powers against the bully or if you don’t use your power by thinking you should have used it.

There is no increase on Solar chapter.

+1 in City chapter. At the conclusion of the fight against Jottun.

+1 in Metamorphosis chapter. If you kill Courser.

And +3 in Nemesis chapter. If you choose “#-is yours, and yours alone.”

4 Likes

I removed one +power in the Solar chapter and never replaced it! Fixing it now. I’ve fixed everything else raised on this page, and I should put a sticky note on my monitor that reminds me to use lowercase in all my variables. You’re very thorough, Urban, thanks.

3 Likes

I just finished playing like 5 mins. ago. I’m happy to hear that there might be a sequel. :smile: I enjoyed the different characters and I feel like this shouldn’t be the last time we hear from them. There is still a lot that could be explored.
I’m surprised I did so well in the Tribunal part. I was kinda picking things randomly. :sweat_smile:

I didn’t keep track of little bugs and typos as it was my first playthrough. But I will come back later and write about that (unless someone has already mentioned them).

3 Likes

Strangest thing: I romanced Al-jinn, saved Mirage and didn’t have her use her powers on the cops but I still got the first ending.
On that note, I’m sort of disappointed by how little romance content there seems to be, unless I missed a bunch of stuff.

5 Likes

Idk why but im now seeing the whole team taking on a villain who is powerful enough to destroy society. Like, i’m just seeing the whole team defeated and the mc just bloody and bruised pulling on his powers and just waging an all out terrain altering fight. (The game was awesome. Fantastic.)

1 Like

I’ve also really loved this game. It’s a nice twist on the common superhero theme, and I actually gave a crap about my team mates.

Re: bugs and etc

I also ran into the bug with Maekir not showing up to dealing with Sentinel’s lieutenants. If it’s helpful I could try to recall what choices I went with.

There were a couple of places where issues didn’t seem resolved well. For example when I told Al-Jin that I let Courser go in return for information she forces me to leave but then then everything is fine at the pre-battle talk. I’ll try to think of others / keep an eye out if I do another run.

All in all, great game. I had a lot of fun with it and got in trouble for being distracted while away with friends. Would anti-social again,

2 Likes

The Maekir thing is the biggest bug that seems to have slipped through. But I’ve put the fix into a patch and sent it off, so, it should be rectified soon (along with the other things mentioned).

You were not able to get Bluseshift and Anima to stay? Cause in my play they stayed in the team, i just showed Kindness.

You also need something like 5/6 bravado to lie to the tribunal about Ada’s upgrades.

That’s a lot, and your character would probably be weak if you focus on bravado. :frowning:

Yeah, I focused on brains with some bravado. That meant that I could get all the clues but I couldn’t convince Sentinel to let SOLAR keep the bomber, I got rocked when I tried to fight Jotun and I couldn’t lie to the Tribunal about Ada so Shift went back to South America and became Exarch.
Conversely, if I’d focused on brawn then I probably wouldn’t have got all the clues but Ada wouldn’t’ve needed to step in to save me from Jotun and then ended up killing him.

1 Like

Nah, i got high Brawn and i still needed help from Anima. And i don’t know why in your game Blueshift left.

Because 4 bravado wasn’t enough to lie to the tribunal about Ada’s upgrades.

But my Character(Btw his codename was Logan because i fucking loved that movie) had only 3 Bravado but still Blueshift stayed.

You are entitled to your review. What would have made it better for you?

3 choices matter when it comes to convincing Blueshift to stay: after the raid when he asks you to use your power to reactivate Ada you can either charge her quickly or slowly. Doing it quick disables her personality blocker and earns you Shift’s loyalty, doing it slow doesn’t.
The second is when you check up on shift and Ada before the final fight and see him reactivating her combat systems, allowing him to continue gives you an easier time if you fight the lieutenants and telling him to stop loses some friendship points with both of them.
If you disable Ada’s personality blocker and let Shift reactivate her combat systems you need to pass a high bravado check at the Tribunal otherwise researchers take Ada away and you never see her again. This convinces Blueshift to go back to being Exarch. If you did one but not the other then the check is lower, if you did neither then there is no check.

2 Likes

If you do make a sequel I hope you allow the reader to lead the hero down a darker path into vilany

There is already a something like that in the game.

[spoiler]You can make a deal with Sentinel and be invited to be part of the conspiracy.

I joined them to spy on them, hopefully, if there is a sequel, the game will not presume I joined them because I wanted to be part of the conspiracy.[/spoiler]

You just need 4 Bravado and to choose “#Play to the need to keep the experiment going, regardless.”
You will not lie and Anima will continue with the team.

2 Likes

Then either I misremembered how much bravado I had or the game glitched.