Paradigm City discussion

Well, they always say the second part is the darkest! But given that this game sort of explored the ‘legal hero’ side of things, I think it’d be a safe bet to have a sequel explore just how villains and/or anti-heroes would operate in such a world. I can’t talk too much about a sequel at this time, given that I’m still assessing ideas and drafting (and working on some other projects), but it is absolutely on the cards.

The top of the ideas list is – and people will be happy to hear this – a romance plot for Anima and/or Blueshift.

@Urban - absolutely wanting to avoid such presumptions in the sequel.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I like that, they made a good weird couple. Blueshift loved Anima so much, that he reverted to Exarch and awoke omega level powers because she was taken from him, and Anima needed to revert to her non-personality entity to cope being away from Blueshift if he is sent to prison.
They love each other, separating them to give a romance path to the players cheap their relationship.

Glad to hear :smiley:.

2 Likes

I personally agree, which is why there was no option for it in this one. But it might be fun to experiment with, even just as a temporary fling. There’d be ways to make it work while staying true to their weird relationship, particularly if it might reinforce why they’re such a pair because they do, at the end of the day, love each other.

2 Likes

Maybe doing it through polyamory would be the best way? Either through a three-way relationship with all three together, or the MC being with one or the other while accepting that the two are still in love and still in their relationship?

Otherwise it’d feel weird–like, if it’s going to be just a fling, would Blueshift and Anima need to break up for a stretch in the second game? As is, it just feels like they’re way too devoted to one another for the MC to be able to be their one and only.

6 Likes

Yeah, this seems like the best way of doing it.
If only because I won’t need to choose between my two favourite characters :slight_smile:

I would go poly for Blueshift and Anima.

However, I didn’t care about the characters for the most of the game. I only started liking them when I found out that they’re an ex-villain and a robot. (My favorite tropes, lol.) Before that, I thought they were just common douchebags.

I think all characters were introduced too quickly. The first conversation with each character could have been extended.

3 Likes

For my own benefit, Lavender - when you say they were ‘common douchebags’, how do you mean it?

Oh, and for the thread as a whole, did people read the squad dossiers on the stat screen?

I read them.
Also I concur with Lavender, Shift seemed like a snooty, holier-than-thou, cocky prick and Ada seemed like she didn’t think you were worth her time to talk to.

If that’s the case, then they came off as I intended! :grinning:

1 Like

I read them when we were introduced and periodically went back whenever I struggled to remember someone, though after a bit I didn’t need them.

I started off really not liking Shift and Ada, but after getting to know them they became my favorite people on the team. Which made losing them especially difficult.

2 Likes

Any ETA on the patch?

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of. I submitted it a week ago. I imagine it’d take a week or two to get verified and put through, to make sure I haven’t slipped anything untoward into it.

It’s been interesting reading the reviews. Just about every review below 3 stars is some variant of “The whole thing isn’t free” or some nonsense about “social justice” ruining video games.

9 Likes

Welcome to the review section of every CoG.
For new writers: to your left you will find a pair of wellington boots, for more adventerous writers Hazardous Material suits are handed out on request.

Gimme that hazmat suit!

One of the reviews on iOS gave you a bad review for swearing. :joy:

1 Like

@Urban

The patch looks like it has gone live.

• Added an opportunity to enhance Power stat by 1 in Ch.2
• Fixed a bug that caused the camping trip to be ignored
• Distractions in Ch.5 now work properly
• Fixed a line that implied the resurrection of a major character
• Made more clear one of the choices during the tribunal scene
• Various other bugs fixed

5 Likes

Does that include the odd Naomi romance ending, where she only stays if you made her use her power? I saw @Urban comment on it but didn’t see your response

Not a bug, per se. She stays because, while she hated doing it, she was forced to face her fear of her own ability, if that makes sense.

3 Likes