Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

From a mutation, some vampires can’t turn others without dying. Wendigo’s and vampires can only be killed most of the time. Wendy’s already centuries old. Most people consider not dying of natural causes immortal.

Immortal meaning not being able to be hurt not just ageing as if someone had a disorder and was immortal it wouldnt matter because they would live through it

1 Like

They are immortal, not invincible.

3 Likes

Exactly i was saying as immortal to the point being to not be hurt or killed by a creature

There are 2 defenitions of immortal i was refrencing the 2nd one where they are almost god like. Im not saying they are not able to live forever i was just saying that if it came to a point where a vampire had to fight i would say they arent immortal i would say that they are susceptible to damage (like a disorder) just not to ageing

The Succubus isn’t godlike, because they can feel pain and they can be defeated by the Wendigo, Vampire or the Werewolf.

@Zadit

Vampires, being mostly immortal, have had the unique opportunity to watch centuries or more of human history

This is literally the first sentence you get if you pick the vampire.

Vampires are immortal.

3 Likes

Nope it literally says Mostly and yes i agree they are immortal as in they dont age but what i mean by immortal is unsusceptibile to damage or death

2 Likes

You’re right on that i must have misread that somewhere down the line sorry for that mistake

They’re immortal nonetheless.

That’s called omnipotence.

3 Likes

Omnipotence is unlimited power. Im just saying that a vampire can be killed

1 Like

Then succubi aren’t immortal, just starve them for a while.

1 Like

The succubi was my mistake but the vampire part i still stand by and in the quote you mention i was speaking about the vampire

Yes, because living forever totally means you’re mortal right? Right. :unamused:

3 Likes

Actually there are different types of immortalities. i’m coming from a place where people are debating fiction all the time and I can also say that they debate this too.

"Types of immortality:
1: Longevity: Characters gifted with this type of immortality cannot die from natural causes, such as old age or conventional illness, but can be killed by unnatural causes.

2: Immortality without regeneration: Characters with this degree of immortality can survive a high degree of physical damage, though they cannot regenerate from it either.

3: Immortality via regeneration: Characters with this type of immortality can simply regenerate damage, though the usefulness of this type depends on the degree of regeneration.

4: Immortality via godhood, or protection from a deity: A character that was either granted immortality by a god, or is immortal because of its hierarchical position due to godhood, so that its divine immortality is less a power, and more treated as a consequence of its state of being as a deity.

5: Perfect Immortality: Complete and utter inability to ever die. This is typically reserved for questionable omnipotents.

6: Parasitic: The person attains a sort of immortality by bodyhopping, transferring their soul to another body.

7: Undead: Self explanatory. The undead generally double up with other types of immortality, often being impossible to kill through conventional means"

There 3 more types of imortalies but I don’t think that I need to mention them.

So yeah. The Vampire, Demon and Windigo are technically immortals (Type 1) since they are actually stated to live for centuries before hand (hence they are the most expierienced races in the game). Demons and Vampires have bonus points because they retain their youth.
I don’t think that Victoria’s mother was a Vampire. I mean, when I tried the Vampire path, they never stated that. In fact, they stated that they were turned into a vampire so it is possible for their mother to be still human.

11 Likes

Demons don’t “die” completely, when their body dies, they go back to the dream realm and feed of lustful dreams until they have enough power to make a new body and go back to the real world.
Victoria’s mother was a vampire, Victoria (or the vampire MC) was adopted by her and transformed when they turned 18 yo. She died because she had a rare disease that kills a vampire when they try to transform someone.

6 Likes

Still falls to Type 1 of Immortality, IMO.

Isn’t it more of a type 3? They will regenerate eventually.

@Urban
It really depends on their level of regenation tho, not to mention that Demons and Vampires are depended from whatever or not they have fed.
If what you are saying about the demons is true (I have never played the Demon path… I have only read the info about them in the Monster Codex), they are actually pretty close to being “fully immortals” in the game. There only 2 ways of killing such demons - destroy the soul or/and destroy the concept they embody (that’s a much more extreme option) and in Succubus/Incubus’ case, that’s the concept of lust.
Embodying a current concept is a type of immortality too.

I’d say the Wendigo will be the strongest Monster towards the later game (or the Goblin/ smart one) if you eat tons of humans and all that jazz, meaning you’ll sacrifice humanity (and probably most of your human friendships) in order to gain strength and power.

Also I was going to ask about the history/ mythology about the monsters.
For example, is the Wendigo a roughly “14.8 feet” in height monster disguised as a human, a soldier who made a deal with “the devil” to give him strength and power to save his tribe but then was exiled upon the war ending, Or something completely else entirely? Since all of these, and which one will be used here is pretty important to determine how strong all the peeps are.