Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

@Sashira what happens to the clothes off the Werewolf when they transform? Do they have some sort of magic that prevents then to ripoff (like in Werewolf Apocalypse) or they are ripped?

They actually remove their clothes and place them down before they transform.

1 Like

And my memory might be shot, but even Werewolf the Apocalypse would have the clothes get torn to shreds while changing. They sidestep this with a common Rite which makes the clothing disappear (for some reason, I’m thinking it appears a kind of tattoo)

1 Like

Yeah, they had the rite to not destroy their clothes.

Werewolf Apocalypse was the best setting from the Darkness world (IMO). I loved my Ahroun Get of Fenris.

I don’t know if this have already been answered (I’ve looked around for a bit, and it doesn’t seem to have?), so sorry if it has, but I was just wondering whether or not we would get to fight other monsters? I know it was discussed about who was stronger, just not whether we actually got the chance to see it.

Well I mean considering we have options to say that some day we are gonna have to kill some of them I would guess the answer is yes.

3 Likes

I think GamerDude’s analysis is correct. You get the chance to consider killing Chantal/Caleb, nurse a grudge against Carl, bully Benny and Wendy, et cetera…so yeah, I’d say a monster fight will be in the works sometime soon. Of course, it’s @Sashira’s call to make in the end.

I, for one, particularly look forward to the chance to kill Chantal. Nobody else gets to victimize my humans.

1 Like

Killing Chantal will be pretty fun! :smirk:

3 Likes

My Goblin is a lover, not a fighter… though I suppose if he has to defend himself without actually killing anyone, he’ll try to do so.

2 Likes

My goblin would kill if she had to, but she would find it so…wasteful. After all, Hunter would provide an exquisite…volunteer…to see how a brain takes to living in a jar.

And Artemis would be a perfect subject to test her mind transfer device.

5 Likes

But you can’t really kill her, she will just go back to the dream dimension and be back later.

There might be a Werewolf vs Wendigo fight:

And if you are a Werewolf, you can fight against others Werewolves to be the alpha of the pack.

1 Like

Vampires can be both! Come and join the true elites of society now. (Consult your local lord/mayor/hyper-wealthy businessman for more details)

7 Likes

I know this sounds incredibly insulting (and sorry about that) but why did you take out the attractive/repulsive stats? Is for the appearance-wise?

3 Likes

Well, that stinks. Where’s Freddy Krueger when you need him?

1 Like

Freddy Krueger might just become her puppet since she is probably thousands of years old and has way more skill and experience in controlling dreams.

2 Likes

It’s not insulting, questions about why I designed things certain ways are welcome. :slight_smile:

I decided it was too one-sided to be an opposed stat - unlike, say, Popular/Loner, I couldn’t find a clear benefit to being Repulsive. I also thought it didn’t fit as well with the others, which are all personality-related. The added opposed stat Trusting/Wary, on the other hand, is going to serve an important role in whether you’re playing a social, relaxed monster, or a defensive, edgy monster who might notice more details.

I originally put Attractive/Repulsive with the main stats to reflect the importance and pressure of that perception in high school. Though it’s now a minor skill (“Appearance”) other characters will still gossip about how you look.

16 Likes

The only one I can think is for bigger intimidation/scarring people factor. (I’m pretty sure a face made in Mordor will be more effective for this than someone looking like Hollywood’s newest sexbomb.)
But that benefit will apply only to certain type of MC so I think you did well by tweaking the stats.

3 Likes

ponders first world monster problems

Chantal: Putting on a new body isn’t like grabbing a shirt off the rack. It takes time and finesse to get it to fit just right–to use it as it was meant to be used.

3 Likes

@Sashira, Hi, I wanted to say I loved your game! There is one problem however, after the scene with Hunter/Artimis, I stumbled on a path where BOTH twins confronted you right before school. For some reason, I am unable to find it again. Could somebody perhaps know a way? Many thanks!

Make fun of them in English class and beat them up in the alleyway.

It worked countless times for me.

3 Likes