Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

I’ll do it again to check in a bit.

@Sashira
I thought people who didn’t focus on dating got to exercise? And then for me as a male (haven’t tried other yet) the picture jumped to female

Here is my favorite scene in this game (Werewolves are badasses):

20 Likes

I like how you sometimes have a limited amount of time during the day and have to choose from a list of stuff to do. Makes you feel like your choices really matter.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, @Sashira, is Sandy the harpy an RO? She’s sort of abrasive towards anyone not an incubus, but you listed her as a main character, so…

3 Likes

Sandy is not an RO. She already loves the 'cubus. Rather than being sexual or romantic, though, her attachment is more like idol worship - or, perhaps more appropriate for a bird-like species, imprinting.

Harpies are an entirely female species that reproduce asexually; like bees, their unfertilized eggs hatch into females. (I think that’s right? 3rd grade biology was awhile ago.)

Anyway, because there are no mates to pair-bond with, the closest equivalent is the attachment they feel to a superior predator whose leftovers they can scavenge. That’s sort of what’s going on here; the 'cubus mimicked the one harpy emotional mechanism that could be exploited.

17 Likes

The unfertilized eggs hatch into males, the fertilized eggs into female.

5 Likes

Thanks. :smile: Harpies are the opposite, then.

4 Likes

It is against the rules to ask for updates.

8 Likes

Oh ok, I’m really sorry.

1 Like

I like the concept, cant wait to see what you’ll do with it

1 Like

All’s fair in love and war. Especially when your potential love interest is cornering you in a dark alley and making threats.

3 Likes

Pity about that. I’ve always had a soft spot for politically-savvy, manipulative types, but you’re right; I can’t think of any mythology including male Harpies.

If she’s not RO, then, will non-cubi be able to make friends with her somehow? Most of the monster options are some kind of apex predator, and it might be interesting to have access to the school’s largest monster-info conduit.

1 Like

Oh, of course. But anyone who’s been in a college restroom knows that some people (I’m not gonna name names) do mark their territory in that way. :slight_smile:

Yes, Sandy has a “relationship bar” like other major characters, just no romance path. You can already get a little gossip from her in study hall as a non-demon.

Be friendly, praise her efforts, and she isn’t that hard to get to know. If I write in a chance to bring her food that’s also probably a good idea. Harpies love scraps of meat.

6 Likes

What kinds of meat? I wonder if Sandy could be the de facto disposal unit if let’s say, as a vampire, you drain someone dry and accidentally kill them?

3 Likes

Ran into this error trying to get into the under 21 goth club

day_2_afterschool line 278: Non-existent variable ‘vampire_fed’

I dunno about that…

__“Hi, Sandy,” you say to her. “Heard anything interesting lately?” _

__She sniffs at you. “Can’t you see I’m busy?” She rushes past you, heading in the direction of the vending machine. Chantal must be thirsty."

(Note: My character–in this case, a vampire–chose to find Chantal attractive rather than try to kill her. So unless Chantal being thirsty in a literal sense is the gossip in question, Sandy’s not being all that useful.)

Addendum: I replayed this as a werewolf who chose to merely be friendly with Chantal rather than find her attractive, and Sandy started delivering the goods. Seems a bit odd that finding Chantal attractive is grounds for hostility. Maybe Sandy wants her apex predator all to herself?

3 Likes

If it is Sandy being hostile, this isn’t that much of a surprise. Sandy would feel her position being threatened by someone else getting close to Chantal, someone who wasn’t ‘mortal’ and considered ‘food.’

2 Likes

i suspect chicken or turkey

1 Like

It’s not about Chantal but your popularity. If you talk to her with 70% or more popularity she will talk normally. My vampire talked to her with 70% and she talked about gossip and stuff but with 65% she ignored me (I was flirty with Chantal on both of them)

6 Likes