Modern Majesty wip (updated)

There is a girl romance in that route though, in fact thats the route im writing right now the first part of it will be in the next update.

2 Likes

Yay!! :heart: Too bad the King couldn’t have talked to me out all that before selling me off like that :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Considering that my mc then is apparently one of those undesirables that doesn’t make him favourably inclined towards those upper classes here, certainly not favourable enough to be willing to be their slave again in order to serve as the slavocrats figurehead, puppet “ruler”.

Besides now that we know that not the entire world is this bad, my mc might possibly demand new identity papers, a fully fueled jet and a bit of cash from the petite-bourgeoisie before he leaves, since leaving and having a comfortable life elsewhere are now suddenly valid options.

Like I said my slave mc likely isn’t educated enough (and he certainly wouldn’t be willing to bust his ass in order to gain that education “on the job” as an adult, where we won’t even receive a degree for it) to run a country (and in this one he would positively loathe all of his possible “advisers”), plus with something akin to the internet in place it doesn’t seem like a former slave would ever be able to gain a modicum of respect, which likely means being a widely disrespected figurehead being run by a “wife” he wouldn’t want and his “advisers” while everyone would be biding their time until one of our brats reaches the age of majority and then they will likely force an abdication anyway.

Well as a guy he doesn’t even deign to talk to the mc at all, which doesn’t make my mc at all willing to assume the family name, marry a proper “wife” and become a widely disrespected figurehead.

The question is will my mc be willing to pay it? He certainly doesn’t want to institute a theocracy where the country becomes even more backwards and it’s flat-out illegal to be gay. :sweat:

2 Likes

It’s not illegal to be gay. Its not proper for royalty but gay marriage is legal in this world. and i don’t force straight relation ships on any MC. Do i give the impression that being gay is illegal?

5 Likes

No, but I was just wondering what the potential price of those Gods would be and a theocracy would merely be one possibility and most theocracies have not been known to have liberal social views, particularly when it comes to the issue of marriage.

And we are very much not “proper” royalty, considering how legally we’d very much be the usurpers of our “proper”, royal “uncle” should we succeed.

Then this is the crux of the problem for my mc, while a “proper” prince who has a spare who can get children might be able to get away with it a bastard with no other relatives would likely not and would be under tremendous pressure to marry a proper, noble princess (read stuck up bitch who will never respect us and expects us to be her cuckold to my mc), which is one more reason for my mc to not want the job.

For example over here we have a monarchy and gay marriage is legal, this should technically allow our (future) monarch to gay marry, but it’s not that simple. The heir to the throne needs to get permission to do so three times (in practice, two times de-jure). First the reigning monarch has to approve of the prospective bride or groom, just like with a straight marriage, if they don’t then there is either no marriage for them until they become the head of the family themselves, or no succession. Secondly they need the de-facto permission of the PM as he/she has to put it on the agenda for a vote in both houses of parliament. Should the populists or the conservative or Christian reactionaries happen to ever hold it when a possible royal gay marriage comes up, they can just delay doing so indefinitely, for as long as they remain in office.
Lastly there is the formal vote. There is an unofficial understanding that this is done quietly nowadays (and really has been ever since the monarchy became constitutional in 1848) but that unwritten rule or understanding might very well not hold with a potential gay marriage, again likely depending on the strength of the conservatives, populists and reactionaries in parliament at that time. In which case we might get televised votes, inquests and hearings in which the poor guy or gal is publicly dissected, much like USA (Supreme Court) confirmation hearings. All potentially very embarrassing and stressful with a decidedly uncertain outcome.

Depending on how much power our fictional mc has here, none of this might apply to them, or all of it might, should we need to make so many concessions that we effectively become ceremonial/constitutional monarchs, which is a position my mc definitely would not want to fill.

Compared to that, plastic surgery, a new identity and a new life in a better country that doesn’t still practice slavery would probably sound like heaven to my mc.

Well i do have plans for some hardships for a gay mc at time of king/queen ship. but a happy ending is possible regardless. As for the gods and their prices.
EDIT: i know how to do spoilers now.

Each god has an agenda that you being in power could help them achieve, for all your help they will expect you to do this task for them and if/when you refuse they may just force it on you if they can or they may punish you and take away all your blessings. But choosing no god has its punishments as well. with out the blessings its harder to succeed. but you owe no one anything.

As for an ending where you leave the country I can do that.

4 Likes

Yay! I get to be Queen AND happy? :smiley:

You can do spoilers by either clicking on the gear by the emojis or [spoiler] tag

This is politics, you’ll always owe somebody something. Of course my mc’s preferred exchange here would be handing the country over to the petite-bourgeoisie in exchange for plastic surgery, a new identity, a fair amount of cash and a fully fueled private jet to take him wherever he wants to go.

If not that then we will always owe our political “allies”, possibly including shady megacorps, foreign governments/nations and NGO’s something and that might turn out just as badly as owing those “gods”. :worried:

1 Like

Updated.
contains a the first part of the arranged marriage path to get on that path you need to:

Be a girl

convince your father to buy you from the slavers.

1 Like

wow… i guess i’ll try it later (not really confident playing as a girl :sweat_smile:)

Yay! Got something to do at work tonight :smiley:

1 Like

It seems that once you try going past choosing a god scene for the arranged marriage path you get an error message no matter what.

when you choose Sospes you get:

Doctus gets this:

Malum gets this:

and choosing None gets this:

I was playing as an half elf princess, for reference. I solved the guard’s puzzle for him and convinced the king I was worth it.

Hmm randomtest and quick test don’t produce these errors and doing the convert tab to space doesn’t fix it. Yet i played it my self and sure enough it gives an error. but if i test the index file on my computer it works just fine.

@dashingdon Do you know what i’m doing wrong?

Hmm not sure. I’m looking into it now. Maybe something with the encoding. UTF-8 vs ANSI

EDIT: Took a look and there were tabs on all indents after line 1658 but spaces were used on all lines before that line. Text editor maybe got mixed up or something?

Anyway ran a quick Tab to Spaces in Notepad++ and it appears all good now. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Got this error when I tried to enjoy the party without that jerk Chris:

Just a typo there so I fixed it right quick. I’m not trying to make a habit of troubleshooting games on here, I just happened to be working on stuff on the site right now anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: But then pulled up the game to check and now I’m stuck reading it again! Aahhh this happens all the time! :laughing:

4 Likes

Works now! Thank you @dashingdon, you’re a prince! :slight_smile:

Gah! Now got line 1976, variable names :cry: After I said “Fine I’m coming”

Yeah just got that myself! Fixed. Hope @shilo_pace doesn’t mind! :grimacing: I just want to keep playing haha

2 Likes

OMG, I just about died laughing when I read:

“This could make our marriage easier though, I could go be with other girls and so could you.”
I always appreciate the “I’m not into men” option, now at least he knows where I stand