The link in this post is updated. For full update on current demo check here!
Please post your [General Attributes] and [Relationships] stats once you finish the chapter!
I am fairly new to this website/forum but I have played multiple hosted games as well as choice of games before and am definitely not new to the genre of text adventure games. I love to write and I really wanted to try this program out.
A heads up: I’m fairly busy with school and work so I may not update the game and thread as often, but come May or so I’ll definitely be able to do more work on it. There is a short demo available currently and I’ll be working on it during my free time.
I may change the game title when I decide on one, but Keeper(s) will remain somewhere in the title. Also I would love to be informed if there is a very similar game to this out already!
Working Game Description
In this world, humans over time have had magic fused into their blood. These people are called Keepers, and you’re one of them. There’s a strict code that every Keeper must follow, after all, what is power without responsibility? You happen to get a little lucky with what you are able Keep, but you’ve already gone down the wrong path once. Now the question is, can you fix your mistakes before it’s too late or will they consume you whole?
This is a fantasy based game set in another world where certain humans are Keepers, and they do exactly what their title suggest, they keep certain aspects of life. Be it an element (water, air, and even time [etc.]) or an object/set of objects (i.e. Keeper of a library vs. trees in a forest). There are also rules about bloodlines, and more stuff that will be revealed with the actual game demo. The MC is a Keeper but with a few secrets and decisions made that has already once led to the wrong choice. Now you decide what to do this time around.
Play the demo here: https://dashingdon.com/go/1336
Current Demo Features
Chapter 1 (complete)
- introduction of multiple characters
- achievements, spellbook, backpack, and journal all available
- stats mostly implemented, may need to tweak
- many activities to do
Chapter 2 (started)
- breakfast scene
- character relations and introductions
- first day at the Grounds started
Continue chapter 2
What I currently need opinions on and help with:
- Now that the demo is live, it’ll be easier to provide more concrete feedback and suggestions. So I’d love some feedback on the current demo I have up.
If you’ve played the game:
- Let me know about any errors or bugs you come across. I try to go through the game myself a few times before posting it, but I don’t catch everything.
- Chapter 1 is currently complete, do you feel it’s too long as it is or reasonable?
- Do you like that you have an option for your best friend? Or would you prefer that I already have that pre-set?
- Along with the previous post, I’d like some opinions on this: both options for the best friend will eventually end up as two separate characters in game. One is just your childhood best friend, and the other will be introduced later. Would that be okay or a little odd?
- Always looking out for grammar mistakes and spelling errors (I do use “UK English”, so the spelling for certain words and some words may seem off, let me know if it’s distracting, thanks!)
- Also let me know if any of the pronouns for any characters (including yours) are off.
- Let me know if there seems to be too many words for a certain section, or if you feel I should separate out some of the pages to shorter pages.
Things in mind:
- As of right now you cannot choose what you Keep, mostly due to storyline purposes. So this won’t change for some time. However, I’m going to put a couple more chapters up before asking about this and see if opinions change once you get to know your character more. All I ask is that you have an open mind for now with what is currently possible.
- As of right now, the only gender options are male or female. This is mostly because it’s easier on me and makes more sense to the storyline. Please check the ‘opinions needed on’ section of the latest update for more on this!
- I will be working on the relationships a little later once I have more of the story down.
I’d still love feedback on the concept itself and any suggestions you think you might work well. I have a ton of ideas for it but I love hearing more.
How are the stats working at this time? I’d love any concerns or questions regarding them.
I’ll update as I need for this.
Sorry for the long post, and I look forward to and thank you for your feedback in advance!
4/4/2017: Demo is live! Prologue & Chapter 1 (incomplete)
5/18/2017: Chapter 1 Updated - characters and actions added (incomplete)
5/22/2017: Mini Update: Courtyard scene edited.
6/14/2017: Chapter 1 Updated - chapter is complete!
8/6/2017: Mini Update: Chapter 2 added (incomplete)