Interest Check Thread

Are you tired of being the chosen one who saves the world? Yes? That’s good becaus you are NOT this time. You are more a member of a powerful race. Only the gene lottery did not mean it well with you. You are born into a weak bloodline. The peculiarity of your races is to use the abilities of your ancestors through the blood. But your ancestors were not so powerful. The only good thing about it is that you still have opportunities to become stronger. But to ensure that, you would have to go macabre ways. Master your school life on the hard way, throw your morality overboard and take the not so easy way or accept that you are a loser. Besides, you help as a side character in a story that is not yours to save the world from greek gods. Unless you prefer to help the gods. If you are not interested in fate of the world then you can ignore it and go your own way.

But do you really want a world that plays in the future, has a medieval setting and has Sci_fi elements like Numenera left unexplored? I hope not.

It will be a character-driven book. I love the slice of the life genre and hope you like it too. You won’t play a very big role. But here you play one of the people in the life of the heroes and see as an outsider how your friends save the world and fulfill legends. Which doesn’t mean you’re useless. You can give them moral support, build them equipment, become their personal trainer, teach them martial arts and body control or be the diplomat of the group.

Everyone has problems and you can help them as a friend or lover. (maybe as a rival). Not satisfied yet? Too bad I don’t have any more. Maybe the ROs will convince you.

ROs

Icarus Elpida
The first main character (which doesn’t mean they get more screentime but play an important role for the plot). They are a griffin. Optimistic and protective.

Lucy/Luke Elpida
The second main character. L is a phoenix and have kind of emotional problems.

Leonardo/Leonora [hidden]
Just a normal Cliche orc with a family name, named after a human legend

Frederik/Florentina “Fahrenheit” Silberstein
Would be called idol today.

Charlotte/Christian Kremu
A seductive and manipulative prince(ss). At least they behaves that way. Better not tell them they’re not.

Aether
Oh this one is waaay to edgy to tell you their first name. go and find out yourself their name.

Most of the work has gone into the ROs. They will all have their own problems and their own lives. If nothing was there for you, please still give them a chance because I’m sure their descriptions do just that really bad. But I didn’t want to spoil anything, because I’m sure it will be more exciting in this way. I know it’s unrealistic that you can choose the gender of the ROs but I prefer it that way. In the descriptions are also many things that lead to a wrong track. Oh yes there are still 2 secret ROs and every MC can start a relationship with anybody.

I know it describes relatively badly the planned WIP but I put more work into the characters and the world than it looks at first. But first I wanted to know general interest to motivate myself. I’ve tried so many times to get started but never got that far to post anything like that. So wish me luck.

24 Likes

I’m sorry but I immediately said yes I’m tired of being the chosen one who saves the world. Despite that though your story description is intriguing.

10 Likes

lol I’m your opposite . I said No! Then he go on and say you are nothing but a sidekick down the line . Urgh…I rather be a loser, a nobody…but I shall never be a sidekick!

8 Likes

So I’m guessing Icarus is the chosen one. Are they gender flippable as well cause it describes them as he?

2 Likes

I mean you can just not help them. Or be their mentor. But yes in 2 of 4 where you help them you are something like a sidekick

@No_This_Is_Patrick Yes they are gender flippable.I wrote He by accident because Icarus is a male name. But in my Story not. Also chosen one is a bit of a stretch. They and their sibling are from two races which are there to protect the (not so) humans.

@E_RedMark I’m not sure whether or not I wasn’t clear enough but the first line doesn’t mean you are the chosen one. I just didn’t wanted to bash stories where you are the chosen one. Maybe I should change it so it’s clear
And the direction I’m heading to is simply: You live at the rim of a Story whether or not you play a sidekick, mentor, simple friend, villian or just take care of your on things is up to you. at least that’s the plan.

3 Likes

thats just me, but you start by saying ‘‘You are a chosen one’’ . Then you say we are a sidekick , then you talk about our moral going side way . You need to figure out what you want as an option . Because that will give you the base to the mc…and you can build on it .

4 Likes

Hey ya’ll.

So I’ve done some basic character work (I have a rough idea of who the ROs are going to be, specifically), but I still don’t know what exactly the story is. I’d love some help here.

For the over-arching plot of a post-cyberpunk game, which of these (vague) ideas most appeals to you?

• virtual reality
  • electronic telepathy (mind control?)
  • murder mystery
  • a combination of these
  • These all suck, back to the drawing board with you!

0 voters

1 Like

Hello, I am currently working on my first choose your own adventure game and I hope to create a demo for part 1 so I can get everyone’s opinion and critique to help improve the story and etc.
For my game it is called Of Dungeons and Dragons, where it will be based on you being a member of one of four (or more, under development) monster classes. The ones I currently am writing about is Drider, Incubus/Succubus, and Githyanki/Githzerai. I am not sure as to what else to include. For now, I want to get the basics down and fill in the blank with plot and writing.
If there are any questions I’ll do my best to answer them. Thank you I appreciate any feedback.

7 Likes

This does sound interesting since it’s monster classes does that mean we would be the bad guy or a hero?.

1 Like

Sounds interesting. A D&D fangame? Will it also use D&D mechanics?

3 Likes

Well I’m planning on it being in an outsiders perspective, where you one day are curious and interested in seeing what it’s like being in a human village, so then you figure out a way to disguise yourself, which I will go further into once I’ve got the classes sorted out. Each will have a pro and a con. While in the village you meet your soon to be party and depending on your choices either join them willingly or coerced into joining them while hiding your secret identity, for if they were to find out you may be killed on the spot. I wanted to put a spin on D&D and give the reader some suspense and along the way learn about who to trust as well as learn about self identity.

6 Likes

Well I must say I like the premise so I’ll be waiting for the demo then good luck in your writing. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

A Dragon class!!

4 Likes

Sounds cool! But can you kill your human party instead.Dammit those inferior creatures think they can kill me in the spot btw You’ll have my support in this :smile:

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll be able to use some D&D mechanics like dice roll, but I do plan on implementing jobs and skills the characters will have in order to go through battle or possibly out of battle for fun and show different routes. Whether be for humor while getting drunk at a pub or help your party get past guards or maybe steal. If you have any D&D experience you want to share or want to see please let me know, I’m all ears.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply, @HectorPX , I haven’t actually thought of that, but I will think of where to put it on the drawing board and see if I can implement it. Also, thank you for your support, I hope to release more information and ask questions to help develop the game.

3 Likes

You could make the dice Roll with random numbers.

1 Like

I believe I’ve read somewhere that WotC stated if their mechanics can be used by anyone, freeware-license kind of thing.

Perhaps class system and AR is a tad too complicated, but d20, saving throws, nat roll, all those mechanics should be free-to-use. cmiiw

2 Likes

Thank you for your suggestions @Szaal, for now, I want to neat out the details and set out the demo where I may hopefully put out two versions one with the dice roll and one version without the dice roll. Then, create a poll to view and hear from others which one flowed, played and performed better. For I have a little fear that with the dice roll not many will be happy if they keep getting low numbers, but we will see in due time.
For now, I want to set the four or five monster classes that you can choose to be, then move forward from there.
If you have any suggestions as to what monster or have a question about the monster classes I’ve chosen please feel free to let me know.

5 Likes

Well you have already mentioned 3 of the classes so what are the other ones if you don’t mind me asking?.

1 Like